Probabilistic Data Structure, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning
Mr. Amritpal Singh is currently working as Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering Department. He has submitted Ph.D. Thesis in Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. He received M.E. Degree from Thapar University, Punjab, India, with a minor in Big data and advanced data structures, in 2013. He was Junior Research Scholar with Computer Science Department at Thapar University, Punjab, India from Jan, 2015 to Dec 2017. He served both industry and academia. He has 16 research papers in international journals and conferences. His research interest includes Probabilistic Data Structures, Machine Learning and Big data.
- Lecturer, TIET, Patiala Aug 2018 - till date.
- Lecturer, Punjab Technical Education Department, Jan 2018 – Aug 2018.
- Assistant Professor, Chandigarh University, Punjab Jun 2014 – Jan 2015.
- Assistant Professor, Chandigarh University, Punjab Sep 2013 – Jan 2014.
- Trainee decision Scientist, Mu-Sigma Bangalore, Feb 2014 - May 2014.
- Research Assistant (JRF), TIET, Patiala, Jan 2016 - Dec 2017.
Current membership in professional organizations
Honours and awards
- Selected for JRF/SRF sponsored under Visvesvaraya Ph.D. scholarship scheme by MEITY.
- NET 2015 (AP) and GATE (2011, 2014, 2015) Qualified.
- Awarded Silver Medal for Resource Optimization and Planning in Cellular Networking, in NDRF.
Publications and other Research Outputs
List of research publications in SCI/SSCI/SCIE/SSCIE & equivalent management journals
- Amritpal Singh, Shalini Batra, "Ensemble based spam detection in social IoT using probabilistic data structures" Future Generation Computer Systems, 2018(IF:3.99)
- Amritpal Singh and Shalini Batra, "Streamed data analysis using adaptable bloom filter," Computing and Informatics, Slovak Academy of Sciences- SCIE Indexed (IF:0.504), 2017 (Accepted)
- Amritpal Singh and Shalini Batra, "FingerPrint Based Duplicate Detection in Streamed Data," Computing and Informatics, Slovak Academy of Sciences- SCIE Indexed (IF:0.504), 2017 (Accepted)
Professional development activities/ Research project
- One day workshop on "Machine Learning and IoT at Scale with Google Cloud", organizedby ACM Chapter at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, TIET, Patiala. [Apr 2018]
- Four days workshop on "Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy Logic and its Applications in Big Data Analytics", organized at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, TIET, Patiala. [Apr 2016]
- Two days workshop on "IoT- Internet of Things", organized at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, TIET, Patiala. [Apr 2016]
- One week short term course on "Nature Inspired Algorithms and its Applications" at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. Feb 2016.
- Ten days summer school on "Machine Learning algorithms and Data Analytics" at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, TIET, Patiala. June 2014.
- Six month training undertaken as "Research case study in wireless networking" at ChitkaraInstitute of engineering and Technology. (Jun-Dec 2010)
- Six week training in "Java" at CDAC. (Jun 2009)
- One month training on "C and HTML" at Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology (Jun 2008)