Information security and VANETs
Avleen Kaur Malhi is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. She did her B.Tech. and M.Tech. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, India and Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India in 2010 and 2012, respectively. She completed her Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India in 2016. She was recipient of TCS Research Scholarship under TCS Research Scholar program during PhD. Her current research interests include Information security, Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks, Cryptography, Machine learning.
A Framework for Secure Vehicular Communication Systems (Completed in 2016)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Husanbir Singh Pannu, Dilbag Singh, Avleen Kaur Malhi, “Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization based Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System for Benzene Monitoring”, Neural Computing and Applications-SCIE Indexed, Springer, IF:2.5.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “Privacy-preserving authentication framework using bloom filter for secure vehicular communications.” International Journal of In-formation Security- SCIE Indexed, Vol. 15, no. 4 (2016): 433-453.(IF:1.915).
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “Fuzzy Based Trust Prediction for Effective Co-ordination in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley- SCIE Indexed, 2016 DOI: 10.1002/dac.3111 (IF:1.066).
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “Genetic based Framework for Prevention of Mas-querade and DDoS Attacks in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks”, Security and Communication Networks, Wiley- SCIE Indexed, Vol. 9, no. 15 (2016): 2612-2626. (IF: 1.067).
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “An Efficient Certificateless Aggregate Signature Scheme for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks”, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Com-puter Science- SCIE Indexed, Volume 17, no. 1, 2015, pp. 317-338 (IF: 0.465).
- Tajinder Kaur, Avleen Kaur Malhi and A K Verma, “Simulation and Comparison of AODV and DSR Routing Protocols in VANETs”, International Journal of Computing, Intelligent and Communication Technologies (IJCICT) Volume 1, Issue 1, pp. 51-56, October 2012.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi, A K Verma, “Simulation and Analysis of DSR Protocol in VANETs”, International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology (IJRCCT), Volume 1, Issue 3, August 2012, pp. 50-59.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi, A K Verma, “Simulation and Analysis of Dropped Packets for DSR Protocol in VANETs”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology (IJARCET), Volume 1, Issue 4, June 2012, pp. 267-272.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “XML based Wireless Patient Monitoring System using Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks”, in: Proceedings of 14th IEEE International Confer-ence on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (IUCC 2015), 26-28 October, 2015, Liverpool, UK.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “Decision Inference System for Misbehaviour De-tection in VANETs”, in: Proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems, 26-27 February, 2015, Coimbatore, India, pp. 1557-1562.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi and Shalini Batra, “A survey of approaches to secure Vehicular Networks with Identity based Cryptography”, in: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences, 27-28 December, 2013, Jaipur, India/ international journal of advanced engineering and computing tech-nologies.
- Tajinder Kaur, Avleen Kaur Malhi and A K Verma, “Simulation and Comparison of AODV and DSR Routing Protocols in VANETs”, 2nd International Conference on Issues and Challenges in Networking, Intelligence and Computing Technologies (ICNICT 2012), Ghaziabad, India, 7-8 September, 2012.
- Avleen Kaur Malhi, A K Verma, “A Review of Routing Protocols in VANETs”, Inter-national Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics and Computer Engineering, Eternal University, Baru sahib, HP, December 2011.
- TCS Research Scholar in TCS sponsored research project in the Computer Science and Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala from 12th July 2012 to 30th June 2016.
Awards and Honours
- Recipient of Grace Hopper India Scholarship in 2015.
- Recipient of TCS Research scholarship.
- Selected for poster presentation at Grace Hopper Conference, USA in 2016.
Description of Research Interests
AvleenKaurMalhi’s research interests are in Information security, cryptography and vehicular ad-hoc networks. Her interest lies in exploring the security issues in vehicular ad hoc networks and applying various cryptographic mechanisms to detect the misbehaviour detections in VANETs. Besides this, she is currently working on the machine learning algorithms for classification of images and prediction techniques.