Thermal Spray Coatings
Dr. Deepa Mudgal is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. She did her B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from SCRIET, CCSU, meerut in the year 2003-2007 and M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from ITM Gurgaon, MDU Rohtak in the year 2007-2009. She received her PhD degree from India Institute of Technology Roorkee, in the year 2015.
Before joining Thapar Univeristy, she also worked as Assistant Professor at Amity University Uttar Pradesh from March 2015-July 2016.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Life member of Indian Society of Technical Education
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Mudgal, Deepa, Lalit Ahuja, Surendra Singh, and Satya Prakash. "Corrosion behaviour of Cr 3 C 2-NiCr coated superalloys under actual medical waste incinerator." Surface and Coatings Technology, Volume 325, (2017):145-156 (Elsevier).
- Mudgal, Deepa, Lalit Ahuja, Surendra Singh, and Satya Prakash. "Evaluation of corrosion performance of Superni 600 hung in secondary chamber of medical waste incinerator operating at 1050° C." Materials at High Temperatures 34, no. 1 (2017): 45-52 (Taylor & Francis).
- Mudgal, Deepa, Lalit Ahuja, Divya Bhatia, Surendra Singh, and Satya Prakash. "High temperature corrosion behaviour of superalloys under actual waste incinerator environment." Engineering Failure Analysis 63 (2016): 160-171 (Elsevier).
- Deepa Mudgal, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Hot corrosion behaviour of some superalloys in a simulated incinerator environment at 900°C”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance,Vol 23, Issue 1, 2014, pp.238-249(Springer).
- Deepa Mudgal, Sanjeet Kumar, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Corrosion Behavior of Bare, Cr3C2-25%(NiCr), and Cr3C2-25%(NiCr)+0.4%CeO2- Coated Superni 600 Under Molten Salt at 900ºC”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, ASM International, Vol. 23, Issue 11, 2014, Page 3805-3818 (Springer).
- Deepa Mudgal, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Hot corrosion behavior of Bare, Cr3C2-(NiCr) and Cr3C2- (NiCr)+0.2wt%Zr coated SuperNi 718 at 900ËšC”, Journal of Material Engineering and performance, ASM International, Springer, January 2015, Volume 24, Issue 1, pp 1-15.
- Deepa Mudgal, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Evaluation of ceria added Cr3C2-25(NiCr) coating deposit on three superalloys under simulated incinerator environment”, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, February 2015, Volume 24, Issue 3, pp 496-514.
- Mudgal, Deepa, Surendra Singh, and Satya Prakash. "Cyclic Hot Corrosion Behavior of Superni 718, Superni 600, and Superco 605 in Sulfate and Chloride Containing Environment at 900° C." Metallography, Microstructure, and Analysis, Volume 4, No. 1 (2015), pp 13-25.
- Sanjeet Kumar, Deepa Mudgal , Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Effect of CeO2 in Cr3C2-NiCr Coating on Superni 600 at High Temperature”, Elsevier, Procedia Materials Science, Vol 6, 2014, p.939-949.
- Deepa Mudgal, PawanK.Verma, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “High temperature degradation of Co based superalloy in incinerators environment”, Advanced Materials Research , Vol 585, 2012, pages 542-546.
- Deepa Mudgal, Surendra Singh,Satya Prakash,“High Temperature Cyclic Oxidation Behavior of Ni and Co Based Superalloys, International Journal of Minerals & Materials characterization & Engineering , Vol.11, Number.3, pp.211-219, 2011.
- D.Mudgal, S.Singh, S.Prakash, “Corrosion problems in Incinerators and Biomass fuel fired boilers”, International Journal of Corrosion, Hindawi Publications, Vol 2014 (2014), Article ID 505306, 14 pages.
- Sanjeet Kumar, Deepa Mudgal, Surendra Singh, Satya Prakash, “Cyclic oxidation behavior of Bare and Cr3C2- 25(NiCr) coated superalloy at elevated temperature”, Advanced Material Letters , VBRI Press, Vol 4. 2013.
- O.P.Gupta, Deepa Mudgal, DevendraPuri, Satya Prakash, “High temperature cyclic oxidation of Ni based superalloys at 900C in air”, published in International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Technology, Issue2, Vol 2, 2012.
Awards and Honours
Received Best Poster presentation award during International conference CORCON 2013, held at The Lalit , New Delhi on Sept 30-Oct 3 2013 at New Delhi, India.
Description of Research Interests
High Temperature corrosion problem in areas such as Incinerators, Bio-fuel fired boilers, Gas Turbines.
Metallurgical and corrosion behaviour of Thermal Spray Coatings