Bio-medical signal and image processing
Dr. Deepti Mittal is currently Associate Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Dr. Mittal obtained her Ph.D. in 2011. Dr. Mittal started her teaching profession in 1999 and has about fifteen years of teaching experience. Her research area of interest is bio-medical signal processing, bio-medical image processing especially Ultrasound, CT, MRI, retinal image processing, pattern recognition, 3-D imaging, image enhancement, biomedical instrumentation, image segmentation and classification, medical Signal and image analysis, soft computing. She has published 28 research papers in various international journals and conferences. She has supervised 12 master theses and 3 Ph.D. are going-on under her supervision.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Indian Society for Technical Education
- Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- Meteorology society of India.
- Member of IEEE
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI : 6; Non-SCI : 16
Awards and Honours
- Guest Editor for the Special Issue on "Medical Signal and Image Processing" in International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering of Inderscience publisher.
- Reviewers of (i) International Journal of Convergence Computing, (ii) International Journal of Electronics Communication and Electronics Engineering, (iii) International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering, (iv) International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, (v) Bio-Algorithms and Med-Systems and (vi) Ultrasonic.
- Recipient of scholarship of Ranking in all India Entrance Examination from year 1995 – 1996 for B.Tech. in Electronics Engineering at H.B.T.I Kanpur.
- Recipient of GATE fellowship from year 2002 – 2004 for M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering at G.B.P.U.A.T. Pantnagar.
- Recipient of MHRD fellowship from year 2007 – 2011 by the Govt. of India for Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at IIT Roorkee.
- Invited for Session Co-chair lectures at 3rd National Conference on Advances in Metrology held on February 19-21,2014 at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala.
- Invited to act as a resource person/ deliver lectures for Faculty development program on “DSP and its Application” on 17th July 2013 at RIMT-Maharaja Agrasen Engineering College, Mandi Gobindgarh (Punjab) India.
- Recipient of award of honour for delivering expert lectures on “medical signal processing and its Interpretation” on 23rd -27th December, 2013 at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab) India.
Description of Research Interests
- Image Segmentation
- 3-D Imaging
- Pattern recognition
- Soft computing
- Bio-medical signal and image processing