Designation :- Lecturer( Contract)
E-mail id:- email@example.com
Dr. Gaganpreet is working with ECED at TIET since July, 2016. She has completed her Ph.D. in Optical Communications in May, 2017. Her research interests include VLSI design, Non-Linear Optical WDM systems and soft computing Techniques
- Ph.D. (Punjabi Universivity, patiala) in ECE specialisation in Optical Communication
- M. Tech in ECE, GNE, Ludhiana, First class
- B.Tech. ECE / P.T.U. Jalandhar / First class
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 15 years 10 month
- September 2007 – June 2012: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala.
- July 2012 – December 2012: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala.
- Integrated System Design
- MOS circuit Design
- Digital System Design
- Soft Computing Techniques
- Fibre Optics
- WDM systems- non linear effects
- VLSI design
- Soft Computing Applications
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Gurmeet kaur and Sanjay Sharma, “A novel modulation technique for FWM suppression in broadband coherent DWDM systems”, Optoelectronics Advanced materials – Rapid Communications”, Vol. 12, No. 11-12, pp 678-686.(SCI-IF 0.386).
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Gurmeet Kaur and Sanjay Sharma,“Multi-section Optical Parametric-Raman Hybrid amplifier for Terabits Capacity system”, Journal of Modern Optics, 2016, Volume 63, Issue 9, pp 819-825.(SCI 1.17).
- Gaganpreet Kaur, “Engineering Flat Gain Tunable Raman-Parametric Hybrid L-Band Amplifier for Narrow Band Multi-Channel Terabits System”, Journal of Optical Communication, Published Online: 2019-01- 23 | DOI: doi.org/10.1515/joc-2017-0113(Scopus)
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Sanjay Sharma and Gurmeet Kaur,“Novel Raman parametric hybrid L-band amplifier with FWM suppressed pump for Terabits DWDM systems”, Advances in optical Technologies, Vol. 2016, Hindawi (Scopus Indexed), open access.
- G.P. Kaur, G.Kaur and S. Sharma,“Gain Saturation Analysis of Raman- Fiber Optical Parametric Hybrid Amplifier”, Journal of Optical Communication, DOI 10.1515/joc-2015-0070, Scopus Indexed.
- Kaur G., Kaur Gurmeet and Sharma S.,“ Enhanced Gain using Raman-FOPA hybrid Amplifier for L-band 96 X100 Gbps system”, IEEE Conference on “Next Generation Computational Techniques” University of petroleum Sciences,4-5th Sept, 2015, papers to be published by IEEE Xplore
- “Security challenges in wireless networks” International conference on trends & opportunities in IT industry, PCTE, Ludhiana on 19th Nov. ,2005
- “ “Wireless fidelity: a new plan for WLANS”, International conference on trends & opportunities in IT industry, PCTE, Ludhiana on 19th Nov. , 2005.
- “ “A Comparative Review of Classical & Evolutionary approaches for VLSI Circuit Partitioning”, International Conference on Intelligent Systems Networks-07, Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology, Haryana,23-24th Feb,2007.
- “Dynamic tunneling technique for global optimization of MLPs” at Second National Conference on Mathematical & Computational Models at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore 11-12th Dec, 2002.
- “Optical sensors in instrumentation” at National conference on Cutting Edge Technologies in Electronics, SLIET, Longowal, Feburary,2004.
- “Genetic Algorithms for Economic Dispatch problem”, at National conference on Bio-Informatics, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, 18th-19th March,2005.
- “Open Source Software- Security Implications”, National Conference on Open Source Software and Technologies- bridging the Digital Divide”, BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib, May 30-31st ,2003.
- “Optical Character Recognition using Backpropagation”, National Conference on Communication Technologies”, Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun,10-11th Feb,2006.
- “Optical Sensors: a New leap in Instrumentation”, National Conference on Communication Technologies”, Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun,10-11th Feb,2006.
- “Comparative Review of Classical approaches and Genetic Algorithms for VLSI Circuit Partitioning”- DTVC-0, NIT, Hamirpur, 14-15th May,2007.
- “Review of FWM for Wavelength conversion applications”, Emerging Research and Applications -2015, Rayat Bahra University, Mohali, 5th June 2015
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- ISTE Best Teacher Award- 2017 North Zone(Himachal, Haryana , Punjab)
- Nominated Rashtriya Gaurav Award , 2011
Message to Students & Community
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.