Image Enhancement, Camera Calibration, Feature Detection, Face Recognition, Robot Trajectory Logging.
Jhilik Bhattacharya is presently working as an Assistant Professor in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, CSED since 2013. She was a postdoc fellow at University of Trieste Italy from Nov 2016 to June 2017. She has 8 years of teaching and research experience and has published more than 25 research papers. Her research interest focuses on developing and implementing machine learning algorithms on extracted signal features. These include pattern recognition, augmented reality, video semantics. She was a research fellow at CSIR-CMERI from 2008-2013 and was involved in a number of projects including all terrain robots, vision based Braille printer, fog vision using thermal camera, biometric recognition. Her current research relate to application of deep learning towards Augmented Reality applications (video-conferencing system for tele-presence reflection, augmented map building which creates a hierarchical map which can intelligently map patterns a human is capable of), battery management model for EV and BCI for robots.
Robot Technology for Augmented Reality based Driving System (TIET Seed Grant,2014-2016)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs:
- “Predictive hierarchical human augmented map generation for itinerary perception” , Baljeet Kaur and Jhilik Bhattacharaya, IET Electronic Letters, Vol 52, 2016
- “Video compression using stenographic techniques”,Sachin Meena and Jhilik Bhattacharya, International Journal of Innovations & Advancement in Computer Science (IJIACS-15), Vol. 4 ISSN (2347 – 8616) 2015.
- “CPU mining Malware: Complete Analysis of Real World Virus”, Gautam, R., Kumar. S, & Bhattacharya, J;International Journal of Research in Advent Technology
- “Encoded Scene Panorama based Information Flow in a Multi Agent System,”Sachin Meena and Jhilik Bhattacharya, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series,Springer,2015.
- “Real Time Hand Gesture Recognition Based Interface for Microsoft Word Document Handling,”Kapil Yadav and Jhilik Bhattacharya, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series,Springer,2015”.
- “HCI System for Windows Application”,Kapil Yadav and Jhilik Bhattacharya, International Journal of Innovations and Advancement in Computer Science (IJIACS- 15), Vol. 4 ISSN (2347 – 8616) 2015.
- "Visual Odometric Navigation: the Generalized Feature Vector Way", J.Bhattacharya, and Dr. S. Majumdar, Volume 8, No. 3, 2011, Journal ofCommunication and Computer, USA.
- "Braille Character Recognition using Generalized Feature Vector Approach", J.Bhattacharya and Dr. S. Majumder, Volume 157, Communications in Computerand Information Science Series, Springer.
- "Age Estimation using Gender Information", N.S. Lakshmiprabha,J.Bhattacharya, and Dr.S.Majumdar, Volume 157, Communications in Computerand Information Science Series, Springer.
- "A Modeling of Shape Descripting Approaches using Local Patterns ofHighGradient Points", J. Bhattacharya, Dr. S. Majumdar, and G. Sanyal,International Journal of Comp. Trends and Technology, 2011, No. 2, Issue 1.
- "A Robust Biometric Image Texture Descripting Approach", J.Bhattacharya, Dr.S.Majumder, and Dr. G. Sanyal, International Journal of ComputerApplications, 2012 Volume 53, No. 3.
- "A Novel Face Recognition Approach using a Multimodal Feature Vector ",J.Bhattacharya, Dr. S. Majumder, and Dr. G. Sanyal, International Journal ofAdvanced Engineering and Technology, 2012, Volume 3, Issue 1.
- "Automatic Inspection of Braille Character: A Vision based Approach",J.Bhattacharya, Dr. S. Majumder , and Dr. G. Sanyal, International Journal ofComputer Organization Trends, 2012, Volume 1, Issue 3.
- ”Feeding a DNN for face verification in video data acquired by a visually impaired user”,Jhilik Bhattacharya; Stefano Marsi; Sergio Carrato; Herbert Frey; Giovanni Ramponi,2017 40th International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO)
- “A Neural Network Based System for Face Identification by a Blind User”, S Carrato, S Marsi, G Ramponi, J Bhattacharya, F Guzzi,49TH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIAZIONE SOCIETÀ ITALIANA DI ELETTRONICA,
- “Face as Bio-Metric Password for Secure ATM Transactions”, A Singh, J Bhattacharya, S Modi, Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving
- “”Robot relay: An optimal path planning for multiple client service”, Aastha Goel; Jhilik Bhattacharya; Anika,2016 International Conference on Inventive Computation Technologies
- “Optimized Virtual Honeynet with Implementation of Host machine as Honeywall”,Gautam, R., Kumar. S, & Bhattacharya, J. 12th IEEE InternationalConference ,INDICON
- "The Generalized Feature Vector (GFV): A New Approach for VisionBased Navigation of Outdoor Mobile Robot", J. Bhattacharya and Dr. S. Majumdar,14th National conference on Machines and Mechanisms, December 18-20, 2009,NIT, Durgapur, India.
- "Visual Odometric Navigation: the Generalized Feature Vector Way", J.Bhattacharya and Dr. S. Majumdar , 18th WSCG International Conference onComputer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision, 2-5 February 2010University of Bohemia, Czech Republic.
- "The Gaussian Maxima Filter: A New Approach for Scale-Space Smoothing of anImage", J. Bhattacharya, Dr. S. Majumdar, and Dr. G. Sanyal, IEEE Indicon,December 17-19,2010, Jadavpur University, India.
- "Logarithmic Fourier PCA: A New Approach To Face Recognition,N.S.Lakshmiprabha", J. Bhattacharya and Dr. S .Majumdar, IASTED CV, ActaPress ,1-4 June 2011, Vancouver, Canada.
- "Hand Gesture Recognition for Sign Language: A New Hybrid Approach", J.Rekha,J. Bhattacharya, and Dr. S. Majumder, International Conference on ImageProcessing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition, WORLDCOMP Congress,July 18-21, 2011, Las Vegas, USA.
- "Generating Realtime Panorama using a Generalized Feature Vector Approach",J. Bhattacharya , Dr. S. Majumder, and Dr.G.Sanyal, International Conference onImage Information Processing ,(ICIIP -2011) November 3 - 5, 2011,JaypeeUniversity of Information Technology Waknaghat, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh,India.
- "Face Recognition using Multimodal Biometric Features,N.S. Lakshmiprabha", J.Bhattacharya, and Dr.S.Majumdar, International Conference on Image Information Processing ,(ICIIP -2011) November 3 - 5, 2011,Jaypee University ofInformation Technology Waknaghat, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- "Shape, Texture and Local Movement Hand Gesture features for Indian SignLanguage Recognition", J. Rekha, J. Bhattacharya, and Dr. S. Majumder, IEEEInternational Conference on Trendz in Information Sciences and Computing TISC2011, 8 - 9th December, 2011, Chennai, India.
- "Improved Hand Tracking and Isolation from Face using Condensation Multi ClueAlgorithm for continuous Sign Language Recognition", J. Rekha, J. Bhattacharya,and Dr. S. Majumder, International Conference on Advanced Computing,Networking and Security, 16 - 18th December, 2011, NIT- Surathkal, Karnataka.
Description of Research Interests
Currently the research focus is in the area of Cloud Computing with the specific focus on resource provisioning and scheduling while delivering Autonomic QoS to the Cloud Users. In future, the research interest would be on the application areas of Cloud Computing with the amalgamation of two other upcoming technologies namely big data computing and IoT.