Visiting Assistant Professor
Electron Beam Welding, Materials Characterization, Optimization
- Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur) in Manufacturing Engineering.
- M. Tech in Mechatronics, VIT University, Vellore/ First class (8.5 CGPA)
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering/ Arunai Engg. College ANNA University, / First class (73%)
Experience:- Total Experience 2.2+ years
- October 2008 – June 2009: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, LITAM, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- July 2009 – December 2010: Mechanical Engineering Department, Vignan’s University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Teaching Assistant at IIT Kharagpur from December 2011- July 2016.
- May 2018- Present, Thapar Institute of Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- Electron Beam Welding
- CAM & Industrial Automation
- Modern Manufacturing Methods
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electron Beam Welding
- Materials Characterization
- Physical Metallurgy
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Arya Chatterjee, Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., Derose, J., (2015), Effects of electron beam welding on microstructure, microhardness and electrical conductivity of Cu-Cr-Zr alloy plates, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 24(12), 4681-4690.
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., Derose, J., Bapat, A.V., Rudra Pal, A., (2016), Experimental Investigations, Input-Output Modeling and Optimization for Electron Beam Welding of Cu-Cr-Zr Alloy Plates, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 85(1), 711–726.
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Arul Raj Kumaravel, Karthikeyan, M., Arunkumar, M. P., (2018), Tribological and Vibrational Characteristics of AISI 316L Tested at Elevated Temperature and 600 Torr Vacuum, Defense Technology, DOI:10.1016/j.dt.2018.06.010
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Sanjib Jaypuria, Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., (2016), Experimental investigations, input-output modeling, and optimization of spiking phenomenon in electron beam welding of ETP copper plates, Measurement, (Under Review).
- Meher, J., Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Sanjib Jaypuria, Pratihar, D.K., (2018), Electron Beam Butt Welding of Cu-Cr-Zr Alloy Plates: Experimental Investigations, Metallurgical Studies and Mechanical properties, Fusion Engineering and Design (Under Review)
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Bhattacharya, A., Siddharth Madan, Prabhakaran, S., Manupati, V.K., Kalainathan, S. (2016). "Effect of multiple laser shock peening on the mechanical properties of ETP copper", Mechanics, Materials Science & Engineering, July 2017- ISSN 2412-595, VIT University Vellore, India.
- V. K. Manupati, P. K. C. Kanigalpula, L. R. Varela, A. Araújo et al., G. Putnik, and G.G. Vieira, (2017). “Web-Based Decision System for Distributed Process Planning in a Networked Manufacturing Environment”, Handbook of Developments and Advances in Intelligent Systems and Applications, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-58965-7_8.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Reviewer for 5th Global Conference on Polymer and Composite Materials (PCM 2018) organizing at Kitakyushu, Japan.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in Ph.D
Message to Students & Community
Always, never ever lose hope, try and try until you reach the goal, Successes will follow you.