Dr. Ravinder Singh Joshi is an Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, India. He received his PhD degree in the area of Modulation Assisted Machining from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, in 2015, M. Tech. in CAD/CAM and Robotics from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (2003-2005) and Bachelors PTU Jalandhar (2000-2003), India. He also has a 3 year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from P.S.B.T.E.I.T Chandigarh (1997-2000). He has experience of 7.5 years of teaching (Pre-Ph.D. and Post-Ph.D.).
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Member, Institution of Engineers
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI: 6 Non-SCI: 01
- Singla, M.K., Singh, H., Singh, N. and Joshi, R.S., (2015), "Erosion-corrosion behaviour of cold-spray nanostructured Ni-20Cr coatings in actual boiler environment ", Wear, Vol. 332-333, pp.1035-1043.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Characteristic Studies of Brass Particulates Fabricated by Modulation Assisted Machining", Inter. J. Adv. Manufact. Technol., Vol. 17, No. 9-12, pp. 1533-1542.
- Joshi, R.S., Srivastava, S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Microstrucutral Analysis of Nanostructured Aluminum Alloy Strips Created from Machining based Deformation Process", Procedia CIRP, Vol. 14, pp. 130-135.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Shear Deformation in Chip Particulates Produced using Modulation Assisted Machining", Mater. Manufact. Processes, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 638-647.
- Joshi, R.S., Singh, H. and Singh, I., (2014), "Modulation Assisted Drilling of Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastics", Mater. Manufact. Processes, Vol. 29, No. 03, pp. 370-378.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "An Investigation on Flank Wear Mechanism of Tungsten Carbide Drills during Conventional and Modulation Assisted Drilling", Machining Sci. Technol., Vol. 18, No. 01, pp.99-119.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2013), "Using X-ray Diffraction for Studying the Effect of Modulation and Machining Parameters on Deformation Level in Brass Particulate Produced by Modulation Assisted Machining", Powder Diffraction J., Vol. 28, pp. S315-S326.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded Institute Fellowship, IIT Ropar from July 2010 to December 2014.
- Awarded International travel grant for attending international conference in USA (2008 and 2014)
Description of Research Interests
- Machining based deformation processes
- Material Characterization
- Neural Networks
- Genetic Algorithms