Machine Design, Computational Fracture Mechanics
- Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee) from Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering / Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (10 CGPA) – May 2019
- M.Tech (IIT Roorkee) from Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering / Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (9.11 CGPA) – June 2011
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering / RTM Nagpur University (72.14%) in June 2008
Experience: Total Experience 4+ years
- 17 June 2019 – to till date, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- 1 Jun 2012 – 30 June 2015, Assistant Professor (RTMNU approved faculty), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- 15 Aug 2011 – 28 June 2012, Post Graduate Engineer Trainee, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd., Chennai.
- 15 July 2008 – 19 Dec 2018, Graduate Engineer Trainee, Eaton India Engineering Centre, Pune.
- Machine Design
- Mechanics of Machines
- Mechanics of Materials
- Finite Element Method
- Numerical Methods
- Composite Materials
- Fatigue Fracture
- Extended Finite Element Method (XFEM) to Simulate Fracture
- Phase Field Method to Simulate Fracture
- Multiscale Modeling
- Composite Materials / Piezoelectric Materials
- Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE india)
Publications in International Journals
- I. V. Singh, B. K. Mishra, S. Bhattacharya, R. U. Patil (2012): The numerical simulation of fatigue crack growth using extended finite element method. International Journal of Fatigue, vol. 36(1), pp. 109–119. (Impact Factor: 3.673).
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh (2017): A new multiscale XFEM for the elastic properties evaluation of heterogeneous materials, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 122, pp. 277–287. (Impact Factor: 4.134).
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh (2018): An adaptive multiscale phase field method for brittle fracture, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol.329, pp. 254–288. (Impact Factor: 4.821).
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh (2018): A local moving extended phase field method (LMXPFM) for failure analysis of brittle materials, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 342, pp. 674–709. (Impact Factor: 4.821)
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh, T. Q. Bui (2018): A new multiscale phase field method to simulate failure in composites, Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 126, pp. 9–33. (Impact Factor: 4.194).
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh (2019): A multiscale framework based on phase field method and XFEM to simulate fracture in highly heterogeneous materials, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, vol. 100, pp. 390–415. (Impact Factor: 2.848).
- Manik Bansal, I. V. Singh, R. U. Patil, Susanne Claus, S. P. A. Bordas (2019): A simple and robust computational homogenization approach for heterogeneous particulate composites. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 349, pp. 45–90. (Impact Factor: 4.821).
Publications in Conferences and Proceedings
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh, Failure analysis of laminated composite using FE-based phase field method. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Indian Conference on Applied Mechanics (INCAM) held at MNNIT Allahabad, India, July 2017.
- R. U. Patil, B. K. Mishra, I. V. Singh, Quasi-Static crack growth analysis using concurrent multiscale method, In: Proceedings of the First Structural Integrity Conference and Exhibition (SICE) held at Hotel Le Meridian, Bangalore, was jointly organized by Indian Structural Integrity Society, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Indian Institute of Technology Madras and Bangalore Integrated System Solutions, Bangalore, India, July 2016.
- Roshan Patil, Bhanu Kumar Mishra and Indra Vir Singh, Adaptive multiscale finite element method for simulation of heterogeneous material, In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS) held at IIT Bombay, Powai, July 2016.
- Roshan Patil, I. V. Singh, B. K. Mishra, Sanchit K. Singh, Crack growth simulations using extended finite element method, In: Proceedings of the 55th congress of Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), held at NIT Hamirpur, India, December 2010.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2009) with All India Rank-403.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering in the year 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2014.
- Best paper award in Applied Mechanics stream of the 3rd Indian Conference on Applied Mechanics (INCAM) 2017.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India National Fellowship for PhD Program starting from July 2015.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India National Fellowship for M. Tech Program during July, 2009–June, 2011.