Mr. Sahaj Saxena is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. Mr. Sahaj Saxena has completed his Ph.D. and M.Tech from IIT Roorkee in 2017 and 2012, respectively. He obtained B.Tech. from Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur, U.P., India in 2010.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs
Selected publications : SCI:07; Non-SCI: 09
- Sahaj Saxena and Yogesh V. Hote, Stabilization of perturbed system via IMC: an application to load frequency control, Control Engineering Practice, vol. 64, pp. 61-73, 2017. [Impact factor=1.830
- Sahaj Saxena and Yogesh V. Hote, Internal model control based PID tuning using first-order filter, International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 149-159, Feb. 2017. [Impact factor=1.219]
- Sahaj Saxena and Yogesh V. Hote, Decentralized PID load frequency control for perturbed multi-area power systems, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 81, pp. 405-415, Oct. 2016. [Impact factor=2.587]
- Sahaj Saxena and Yogesh V. Hote, Load frequency control in power systems via IMC scheme and model-order reduction, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 2749-2757, Aug., 2013. [Impact factor=3.342]
- Sahaj Saxena and Yogesh V. Hote, Advances in internal model control technique: a review and future prospects, IETE Technical Review, vol. 29, issue 6, pp. 461-472, Dec. , 2012. [Impact factor=1.304]
Honours and Awards
- College Topper in class 10th and 12th
- Merit scholarship (under toppers' list) in B. Tech 1st year
- Recipient of Student Support Program that covers financial support for travel/registration/accommodation in Indian Control Conference (ICC 2016) held in Hyderabad, Indian from 4-6 January, 2016
Description of Research Interests
His current area of research interest includes design and development of robust control strategies with application to DC servomotors, Power Systems.