Network Security, Cryptography, Steganography, IoT, Image Processing
Dr. Sangita Roy is currently working as Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. She received her B.Tech. Degree and M.Tech. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Dumkal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Murshidabad, West Bengal and KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisa, India in 2005 and 2008, respectively. She has received her Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology Patna in Computer Science. Her current research interests include Network Security, Cryptography, IoT and Image Processing etc.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies:
ISTE Life Time Membership IEEE Membership
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Sangita Roy, Ashok Singh Sairam, “Distributed Star Coloring of Network for IP Traceback”, International Journal of Information Security, Springer, vol. 9, pp. 1-12, doi:10.1007/s10207-017-0366-0, 2017
- Ashok Singh Sairam, Sangita Roy, Rishikesh Sahay, “Coloring Networks for Attacker Identification and Response” Security and Communication Networks, Wiley, vol. 8, issue. 5, pp. 751-768, doi: 10.1002/sec.1022, 2014.
- Samant Saurabh, Sangita Roy, Ashok Singh Sairam, “Extended Deterministic Edge Router Marking”, International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, no. 2/2014, pp-169-186, 2014.
- Sangita Roy , Avinash Kumar Singh and Ashok Singh Sairam, “A Novel Approach to Prevent SQL Injection Attack using URL Filter”, International Journal of Innovation management and Technology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 499-502, 2012.
- Sangita Roy, Avinash Kumar Singh and Ashok Singh Sairam, "Detecting and Defeating SQL Injection Attacks," International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 38-46, 2011.
- Ashok Singh Sairam, Sangita Roy and Sanjay Kumar Dwivedi “Using CAPTCHA Selectively to Mitigate HTTP-based Attacks” in the proceeding of IEEE Global Communications and Information System (GLOBECOM-2015), 6-10 December, San Diego, USA.
- Sangita Roy and Ashok Singh Sairam “Network Attack Detection and Mitigation” in the PhD symposium of IEEE Ninth International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing System (SASO-2015), 21-25 September, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Sangita Roy, Anurag Singh and Ashok Singh Sairam “IP Traceback in Star Colored Networks” in the proceeding of IEEE Fifth International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS-2013), 7-10 January, Bangalore, India.
- Sangita Roy, Avinash Kumar Singh, Jyotirmayee Parida and Ashok Singh Sairam, ” Audio Steganography Using LSB Encoding Technique with Increased Capacity and Bit Error Rate Optimization” in the proceeding of ACM International Conference Proceeding Series (ICPS) on The Second International Conference on Computational Science, Engineering and Information Technology(CCSEIT-2012), 26-28 October, Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Avinash Kumar Singh, Sangita Roy, “A Network Based Vulnerability Scanner for Detecting SQLI Attacks in Web Applications” in the proceeding of IEEE 1st International Conference on Recent Advances on Information Technology (RAIT-2012), 16-17 March 2012, pp. 585-590. ISM Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
- Sangita Roy, Avinash Kumar Singh and Ashok Singh Sairam, “Analysing SQL Meta Characters and Preventing SQL Injection Attacks Using Meta Filter”, International Conference on Information and Electronics Engineering (ICIEE 2011), IACSIT Press, ISBN. 978-981-08-8637-0, vol. 6, pp. 167-170, 28-29 May 2011, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Sangita Roy, Manini Manasmita, “A Novel Approach to Format Based Text Steganography” in the proceeding of ACM ICCCS2011, NIT Rourkela, Orissa.
Awards and Honours:
- TCS research fellowship award.
- Received many awards in Dance, Sports, Paintings and other extracurricular activities