Dr. Sayan Sadhu working with Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2017. He has completed his PhD degree in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide based Natural Circulation Loop from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in May2018. His research interests include heat transfer, power plant, natural circulation loop, pool boiling of nano-fluid, refrigeration and air-conditioning, .
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering specialisation in Thermal Engineering from IIT Kharagpur in 2018
- M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering, specialisation in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences from IIT Kanpur in 2012 - First class (9.00 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Power Engineering from Jadavpur University in 2006 - First class (8.83 CGPA)
Experience: Industry Experience - 6 years and Teaching Experience - 2 years
- Oct 2006 – Oct 2008: Design Engineer, DCPL, Kolkata.
- Oct 2008 – Jul 2010: Executive Engineer, L&T-S&L, Faridabad.
- Jul 2012 – Jul2014: Assistant Manager, L&T Power, Kolkata- Faridabad.
- Jun 2017 – till date: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, TIET, Patiala.
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
- Heat Transfer
- Power Plant Engineering
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Nuclear Power Generation and Safety
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Internal Combustion Engine
- Two Phase Flow and Heat Exchanger Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Soft Computing - GA, FL,NN
- Engineering Drawing
- Natural Circulation Loop
- Solar based Tri-generation and desalination
- Supercritical CO2 based Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
- Thermal Comfort
- Pool Boiling of Nano-fluid
- S. Sadhu, P.S. Ghoshdastidar, Heat Flux Controlled Pool Boiling of Zirconia–Water and Silver–Water Nanofluids on a Flat Plate: A Coupled Map Lattice Simulation, Journal of Heat Transfer, vol.137 (2015) 021503/ 1-9 DOI: 10.1115/1.4028974 (ASME) . [SCI Impact Factor 1.86].
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Experimental studies on an air-cooled natural circulation loop based on supercritical carbon dioxide - Part A: Steady state Operation, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol.133 (2018) 809-818. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.10.017 (Elsevier) . [SCI Impact Factor 3.56].
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Experimental studies on an air-cooled natural circulation loop based on supercritical carbon dioxide - Part B: Transient Operation, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol.133 (2018) 819-827. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.10.016 (Elsevier). [SCI Impact Factor 3.56].
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Steady state analysis of a high-temperature natural circulation loop based on water-cooled supercritical CO2, Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 140 (2018) 062502/1-11. https://doi:10.1115/1.403854 (ASME) . [SCI Impact Factor 1.86].
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Steady state analysis of a high temperature supercritical CO2 based natural circulation loop, ICEESD 2016 - 18th International Conference of Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development, Paper No. 16NL080263 (Aug. 4-5, 2016), Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Effect of pressure, temperature, coolant Flow rate on natural circulation loop based on supercritical CO2, FMFP 2016 - 6th international and 43rd national conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Paper No. 536 (Dec. 15-17, 2016), MNNIT Allahabad, India.
- S. Sadhu, M. Ramgopal, S. Bhattacharyya, Effect of loop charge on air cooled natural circulation loop based on supercritical CO2, IHMTC-2017 - 2nd international and 24th national ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, Paper No. IHMTC2017-07-0115 (Dec. 28-31, 2017), BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, India.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) , 2019
- Life member of Institute of Engineers India (IEI) - Membership No. M-1645409
- Research Scholar Coordinator - ME (Thermal Engineering), IIT Kharagpur, 2016
- Student Coordinator - Short term course in Power Plant Technology for CESC Engineers , IIT Kharagpur , 2015
- 3rd Rank in M.Tech. Mechanical Engg. (FTS) – IIT Kanpur, 2012
- Coordinator – Vivekananda Samiti, IIT Kanpur, 2011-12
- GATE AIR:336 in Mechanical Engineering in 2010
- Deliver Summer Training in Power Plant Familiarization at LnT-SnL in 2009-10
- 2nd Rank in B.E. Power Engineering – Jadavpur University in 2006
- Certificates for Courses in C & Data Structure from N.S.C.E. in 2006
- Certificates for Power Plant Familiarization Course from N.P.T.I. Durgapur in 2005
- 35 th Rank in Madhyamik (Class-X) - W.B.B.S.E. in 2000
Message to Students & Community
Life is a journey, not a destination. Happiness is all about enjoying the journey .