Bio-Medical Engineering, Image Processing,Information
Contact No: +91 9598404656
Dr. Tiwari is currently an Assistant Professor in CSE Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) in 2016, and M.E. degree in CSE from the Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh, India in 2008. His research interests include Bio-medical Engineering, Image processing, Computer Vision, Medical Image Reconstruction, Optimisation techniques and other non-invasive problem estimation.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
IEEE Professional Membership
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Hybrid-Cascaded Framework for PET and SPECT Image Reconstruction,” Journal of Medical Imaging & Health Informatics (JMIHI), American Scientific Publishers, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2016, SCI. Impact Factor 0.877.
- Yogesh Kumar, Ashutosh Aggarwal, Shailendra Tiwari, Karamjeet Singh, “An Efficient and Robust Approach for Bio-medical Image Retrieval Using Zernike Moments”, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Elsevier, (Accepted) SCI. Impact Factor 2.214
- Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An OSEM based hybrid-cascaded framework for PET/SPECT Image Reconstruction,” Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Vol. 18, No. 4, 2015, InderScience Publishers (Scopus).
- Shailendra Tiwari, “A Variational framework for low dose sinogram restoration,” Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Vol. 22, No. 1, 2016, InderScience Publishers Vol. 24, No. 4, 2017, Inder-Science Publishers (Scopus).
- [ICIIS–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, K.V. Arya, Gaurangi Upadhyay, Shambhavi Upadhyay, Poonam Sharma “Facial Recognition using Histogram of Gabor Phase Patterns and Self Organizing Maps, 11th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS-2016), IIT Roorkee India,(Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Publication Services.
- [PDGC–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Sudhakar, Triapathi, K.V. Arya, “Score Level Fusion of Iris and Fingerprint using Wavelet Features, 4th International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC-2016), JUIT, Waknaghat, Solan, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Publication Services.
- [DeSE–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, K.V. Arya, and Yadunath Pathak “Regularization based Modified SART Iterative Method for CT Image Reconstruction, 9th International Conference on the Developments on eSystems Engineering, (DeSE-2016), Liverpool and Leeds, U.K. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Computer Society Conference Publication Services (CPS).
- [IC3–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Deepikanshu Chouksey, Vinod Todwal, “Regularization based Simultaneous Algebraic Reconstruction Techniques for Computed Tomography, 9th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Aug. 11-13, 2016 Noida, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), [h5-index:10, h5-median:15],IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [ECTI-CON 2016] K.V. Arya, Shailendra Tiwari and Saurabh Behwal “Real-time Vehicle Detection and Tracking, 13thInternational Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON 2016), Chiang Mai, Thailand. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP)IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [CVIP–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, and K.V. Arya “A non-linear modified CONVEF-AD based approach for low-dose sinogram restoration, International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Processing (CVIP-2016), IIT Roorkee, India.(Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) AISC- Springer Verlag Publication.
- [IC3–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An Efficient and Modified Median Root Prior based Framework for PET/SPECT reconstruction Algorithm, 8th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Aug. 20-22, 2015 JIIT, Noida, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), [h5-index:10,h5-median:15], IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [ICACNI–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Probabilistic Patch based hybrid framework for CT/PET Image Reconstruction”, 3rd International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication, June. 23-25, 2015, KIIT, Bhubneswar, India, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies (Vol. 43, Chapter 33) Springer Verlag Publication LNCS (Indexed in Scopus).
- [ICSC–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Hybrid-Cascaded Framework for MLEM based Image Reconstruction”, International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication, Mar. 16-18, 2015 Noida, India, IEEE Explore Signal Processing and Communication Society (Indexed in Scopus).
- [ISSPIT–2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A PDE based Expectation Maximization algorithm adapted to Poisson noise for Medical Image Reconstruction”, 14th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT-2014), Dec. 15-17, 2014, Noida. (Indexed in Scopus)[h5-index:11,h5-median:12]IEEE Explore, Signal Processing Society.
- [ICRCWIP–2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An Efficient Hybrid- Cascaded Framework for Emission Computed Tomography using OSEM Image Reconstruction Algorithm”, International Conference on Recent cognizance in wireless communication & image processing, Jaipur, India. Springer Publication LNCS
- [IWCBTA–2013] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Complex Diffusion Prior Based Bayesian Statistical Reconstruction Approach for Low-Dose X-Ray Computed Tomography”, International Workshop/Conference on Bayesian Theory and Applications, Jan 6-10, 2013,DST Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences & Department of Statistics Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Online Available at ATLAS
- [AISC–2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Dr. Rajeev Srivastava (December 2012) “Regularized MLEM reconstruction algorithm adapted to Poisson noise for SPECT/PET images” In Proceedings of AISC-2012, International Conference IIT (BHU), Varanasi
- [IISN–2010] Shailendra Tiwari, Harish Shakya and Sunil Semwal “Scalable Sequential Pattern Mining Algorithm for Sequence of Transaction” 4th International Multi Conference on Intelligent Systems and Nanotechnology (IISN-2010), Feb 26-28, 2010 Haryana, India.
- Shailendra Tiwari, “Coexistence and Interoperability between Wi-Fi & WiMAX” International conference in Downtrends Challenge in IT, Ludhiana, Punjab 2009-10
- [FTBH– 2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “Review and Comparative Analysis of Medical Image Reconstruction Algorithms”, National Conference on Present Scenario and Future Trends in Biomedical Engineering and Healthcare technologies, Oct. 17-18, 2014, School of Biomedical Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi, U.P.
- [MMCS–2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Dr. Rajeev Srivastava “Comparative Analysis of Filtered Backprojection and Algebraic Image Reconstruction using MATLAB, National Conference on 'Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation (MMCS-2012) during March 23-25, 2012 at the Department of Applied Mathematics, IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- [RTFIT– 2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Dr. Rajeev Srivastava, Abha Dixit, “Web Services Communication Security using Authentication and Confidentiality”, In Proceeding of All India Seminar on Recent Techniques & Future of Information Technology (RTFIT-2012)", HBTI Kanpur, IE(I) Kanpur &UP State Centre Lucknow, Sep. 22-23, 2012.
- [AIATA–2011] Shailendra Tiwari, Dr. Rajeev Srivastava “Medical Imaging Techniques and Image Reconstruction: An Overview” National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Agents: Theory & Applications, December 2011, IIT-BHU Varanasi.
Awards and Honours
- GATE (C.S.) 2006 qualified with 94.8 percentile.
- Worked as an Instructor and a Project In-charge in Cyber Security Research Centre (CSRC), Chandigarh.
- Delivered lecture on Cyber-crime in Central Forensic Investigation Laboratory, Chandigarh.
- Organized various Cyber security & Ethical Hacking workshop in Lovely professional university (LPU).
Description of Research Interests
- Digital Image Processing,
- Operating System (OS),
- Computer Organization & Architecture,
- Computer Network,
- Database Management System(DBMS),
- Secure Coding,
- Automata Theory,
- Network Security