Dr. Shyamal Guchhait is working with Civil Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since June, 2018. He has completed his PhD degree in inverse material parameter identification and damage detection problems from IIT Kharagpur in May 2018. Her research interests include inverse problem in computational mechanics and damage identification techniques of structures.
- Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur) in Structural Engineering in Civil Engineering
- M. Tech in Structural Dynamics, IIT Roorkee / First class (8.62 CGPA)
- B.E. in Civil Engineering / BESU (shibpur) / First class (72%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience: 9 months, Total Industry Experience: 1 year 8 months.
- June 2018 – October 2018: Visiting Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- October 2018 – January 2019: Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- November 2010 – July 2012: Design Engineer (Civil), Lahmeyer International (India), Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata.
- Mechanics of solids
- Structural Analysis
- Design of R.C.C & steel structures
- Finite Element Method
- Structural Dynamics
- Inverse problem in computational mechanics
- Damage detection of structures
- Inverse identification of isotropic and composite material parameters
- Structural health monitoring
- Guchhait, S., & Banerjee, B. (2015). Constitutive error based material parameter estimation procedure for hyperelastic material. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 297, 455-475. [SCI Impact Factor 3.949].
- Guchhait, S., & Banerjee, B. (2016). Anisotropic linear elastic parameter estimation using error in the constitutive equation functional. In Proc. R. Soc. A (Vol. 472, No. 2192, p. 20160213). The Royal Society. [SCI Impact Factor 2.146].
- Kumar, R., Mandal, S., Guchhait, S., & Jamatia, R. (2017) Analytical approach for dynamic instability analysis of functionally graded skew plate under periodic axial compression. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 130, 41-51. [SCI Impact Factor 2.884].
- Guchhait, S., & Banerjee, B. (2018) Constitutive error based parameter estimation technique for plate structures using free vibration signatures. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 419, 302-317. [SCI Impact Factor 2.593].
- Guchhait, S., Banerjee, B., & Jayaram, A. (2018) Thermo-elastic material parameters identification using modified error in constitutive equation approach. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, 26, No. 4, 1-27. [SCI Impact Factor 1.033].
- Guchhait, S., & Banerjee, B. (2016). Material Parameter Identification in Transient Dynamics by Error in Constitutive Equation Approach. Procedia Engineering, 144, 512-519.
- Guchhait, S., & Banerjee, B. (2014). Hyperelastic material parameters estimation using error in constitutive equation approach. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics, 2014, IIT Kharagpur, India.
Message to Students & Community
The best way to predict your future is to create it.