Signal Processing, Optimization, Pattern Recognition
Dr. Teena Narang is working with ECE Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2018. She has completed her PhD degree in Signal Processing from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in July 2016. Her research interests include Optimization, Speech Recognition and Pattern Recognition.
- Ph.D. in Signal Processing, TIET, Patiala
- M.E. in Communication control and Networking, MITS, Gwalior
- B.E. in Electronics Engineering, Jiwaji University, Gwalior
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 11 years 10 months
- July 2018 – Till date: Lecturer, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, TIET, Patiala.
- July 2007 – June 2018 Assistant Professor, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh.
- July 2006 – May 2007: Lecturer, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, TIET, Patiala.
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Analog Electronics
- Pattern Recognition
- Speech Recognition
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “Integrated search technique for parameter determination of SVM for speech recognition”, Journal of Central South University, Vol 23, No. 6, 2016, pp 1390-1398.
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “Feature subset selection and parameter determination of SVM using a hybrid optimization technique for speech recognition”, Journal of Engineering Research, Vol 4, No. 1, 2016, pp 1-20.
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “Speech recognition using ANN and predator influenced civilized swarm optimization algorithm”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol 24, No. 6, 2016, pp 4790-4803.
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “Multiclass SVM based spoken Hindi numerals recognition”, International Arab Journal of Information Technology, Vol 12, No. 6A, 2015, pp 666-671.
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “SVM parameter optimization using PSO”, National Conference on Advanced Computational Methods in Electrical Engineering, 25-26 March 2016, SLIET, Longowal.
- Teena Mittal and R.K. Sharma, “Recognition of Hindi numerals using ANN and SVM”, National Conference on Advances in Science and Technology, 3-4 March 2016, RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh.
- Teena Mittal and R. K. Gupta, “Different algorithms for generating association rules: comparative study”, National Conference on Information Technology: Emerging Engineering Perspective & Practices (ITEEPP’07), Thapar University, Patiala, April 6-7, 2007.
Message to Students & Community
Failing is the first step to the path of success. It means you are trying in every way to achieve it in your life.