Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Poduction/ Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. (IIT Delhi) in Production Engineering specialisation in Biomedical
- M. Tech in CAD/CAM, MMDU Mullana, Ambala First class (9.62 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering / P.T.U. Jalandhar / First class (74%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 6 years 10 month
- September 2007 – June 2012: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala.
- July 2012 – December 2012: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala.
- January 2013 - December 2016 Teaching Assistant / Research Scholarship at IIT Delhi.
- January 2017 – June 2017: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, UPES Dehradun.
- July 2017 – June 2018: Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala
- July 2018- Present, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- Non-Conventional Machining
- Conventional machining
- Biomedical / Biomechanics
- Rapid Prototyping
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Device
- Ultrasonic machining
- Rotary ultrasonic machining
- Bone Mechanics
- Biomedical / Biomechanics
- Rapid Prototyping & Tooling
- Vishal Gupta, Pulak M. Pandey, Asit R. Mridha and Ravi K. Gupta. "Rotary ultrasonic drilling on bone: A novel technique to put an end to thermal injury to bone." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine 231.3 (2017): 189-196. [SCI Impact Factor 1.005].
- Vishal Gupta, Pulak M. Pandey and Vadim V. Silberschmidt. "Rotary ultrasonic bone drilling: Improved pullout strength and reduced damage." Medical engineering & physics 41 (2017): 1-8. [SCI Impact Factor 1.819].
- Vishal Gupta and Pulak M. Pandey. "Experimental investigation and statistical modeling of temperature rise in rotary ultrasonic bone drilling." Medical Engineering & Physics 38.11 (2016): 1330-1338. [SCI Impact Factor 1.819].
- Vishal Gupta and Pulak M. Pandey. "An in-vitro study of cutting force and torque during rotary ultrasonic bone drilling." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture (2016): 0954405416673115. [SCI Impact Factor 1.366].
- Vishal Gupta and Pulak M. Pandey. "In-situ tool wear monitoring and its effects on the performance of porcine cortical bone drilling: a comparative in-vitro investigation." Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Modern Processes 3.1 (2017): 2.
- Vishal Gupta, Pulak M. Pandey, Asit R. Mridha and Ravi K. Gupta. "Effect of Various Parameters on the Temperature Distribution in Conventional and Diamond Coated Hollow Tool Bone Drilling: A Comparative Study." Procedia Engineering 184 (2017): 90-98.
- Vishal Gupta, Pulak M. Pandey, M.P.Garg, Rajesh Khanna and N.K.Batra. "Minimization of kerf taper angle and kerf width using Taguchi"s method in abrasive water jet machining of marble." Procedia Materials Science 6 (2014): 140-149.
- Vishal Gupta, M.P.Garg, N.K.Batra and Rajesh Khanna. "Analysis of Kerf Taper Angle in Abrasive Water Jet Cutting of Makrana White Marble." Presented in AFTMME-2013 on 03 - 06 October, 2013 organized by Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Vishal Gupta, M.P.Garg, N.K.Batra and Rajesh Khanna and Arjun S. Wadwa. "Investigation on Makrana White Marble Surfaces Machined By Abrasive Water Jet Machining" Presented in International Conference on Newest Drifts in Mechanical Engineering (ICNDME-2014) on 20 -21 December 2014, organized by M.M. University Ambala.
- Preeti, Rajesh Khanna, Rahul Dev Gupta and Vishal Gupta. “Measuring Material Removal Rate of Marble by Using Abrasive Water Jet Machining” Presented in National Conference on Advances in Engineering, Technology & Management. AETM-15 on 4th April 2015 organised by M.M. University Ambala.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- National Innovation Award - Gandhian Young Technological Innovation award 2017. (GYTI- 2017 from Rashtrapati Bhawan Delhi)
- BIRAC SRISTI GYTI Award. With grant of 15 Lac
Message to Students & Community
• Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.