Transportation Planning and Implementations
Dr. Mansha Swami is a lecturer at the Dept. of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology since July 2016. She obtained her B-Tech in Civil Engineering in year 2010 from Rajesthan Technical University Jaipur, Rajesthan and M. Tech. in Transportation Engineering and Planning in year 2012 from Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology, SVNIT, Surat. She completed her PhD on Topic “Multi-modal Urban Transportation management” from IIT Roorkee in 2018. . She has experience in transportation planning and implementations.
- Urban Transportation planning
- Multi-modal transportation system
- Swami, M., Parida,M. (2015) “Comparative Appraisal of Metro Stations using Data Envelopment Analysis in Multimodal Context”, Journal of Public Transportation, Volume18 (3).
- Swami, M., Parida,M. (2016) "Diagnostic Evaluation of Multimodal Urban transport System Operation in Delhi", European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, Volume 60, 1-18.
- Sharma, H. K., Swami, M. (2012) "Effect of Turning Lane at Busy Signalized At-Grade Intersection under Mixed Traffic in India", European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, 52, 16-29.
- Sharma, H.K., Swami, M., Swami, B.L. (2012) “Speed-Flow Analysis for Interrupted Oversaturated Traffic Flow with Heterogeneous Structure for Urban Roads.” , International Journal for Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 2(2), 142-152.
- Sharma, H.K., Swami, M., Swami, B.L. (2012) “Optimizing Performance of At-Grade Intersection with Bus Rapid Transit Corridor and Heterogeneous Traffic.” , International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology, 1, 131-146.
- P, Phani, K., Parida, M., Swami, M (2013) "Performance Evaluation of Multimodal Transportation Systems" Elsevier – Proceedia – Social and Behavioural Sciences, 104, 795-804.
- Swami, M., Parida,M. (2013) "Efficiency Assessment of Multimodal Transportation." at Urban Mobility India Conference - 2013, 3-6 December 2013, New Delhi, organized by Ministry of Urban Development and IUT(Institute of Urban Transport), Awarded as the best research paper presented - 1st Prize.
- Saygaonkar, P., Swami, M., Parida, M (2014) "Station Design Approach for Enhancing Multimodal Urban Transportation System, New Delhi." at International Conference on "Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries" - TPMDC 2014 held at IIT Mumbai from 10th to 12 December 2014.
- Swami, M. (2011) “Impact of Feeder services on ridership of BRTS in Surat City”Urban Mobility India Conference -December 2011, New Delhi, organized by Ministry of Urban Development and IUT(Institute of Urban Transport).
- Swami, M., Gujjaralapudi, S.D., Singh, R.K., Parida, M. (2012) "Road Safety Audit on National Highways in Surat" at Institution of Engineers National Conference held at Institution of Engineers, Roorkee in October 2012.
- Swami, M. (2011) “Ridership Impact on Proposed Jaipur Metro Route of Intra Aligned Urban Network Modes” at National Conference on Road Infrastructure and Traffic Planning in Jaipur in January 2011.
- Swami, M., Rathore, R.R., Gehlot, V. (2011) “Stone Matrix Asphalt – A New Pavement Technology” at National Conference on 23rd July 2011 at VIT, Jaipur.
- Swami, M., Singh, R.K. (2011) “Community Response to feeder services” at the CONIAPS International Conference held in SVNIT Surat 23 Dec 2011.
- Attended a one week workshop in July 2013 on advanced optimization techniques, AEOTIT held at SVNIT Surat in July 2013.
- Attended a QIP workshop on ROAD SAFETY organized by CTRANS at IIT Roorkee in February 2016.
- Attended PTV VISUM BASIC TRAINING Course at SPA Delhi inMarch 2016 in New Delhi.
- Attended PTV VISUM ADVANCED TRAINING - PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION Course at DIMTS Delhi in May 2016 in New Delhi
Awards and Honours
- First prize for Best Research Paper at Urban Mobility India research symposium 2013. International Conference organized by MoUD and IUT at Delhi.
- First Prize in Research Paper presentation at Gautam Budha University in 2012(Papyrotech).
- Editor of SOCENewsletter (Society of Civil Engineers – newsletter).
Description of Research Interests
Mansha Swami's research interests are in design urban transportation systems, Pedestrian and NMT integration in Urban Public Transit Scenario, Multimodal urban transit performance evaluation. In performance evaluation, she is specifically interested in operational and temporal parameters for transit quality analysis.