Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
Sahil Sharma is a Lecturer of Computer Science and Engineering Department in Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since August 2019. He has teaching experience of 4 years. Before joining as a lecturer, he has worked as non-tenure lecturer (part-time) in CSED, TIET, Patiala from January 2018 to July 2019. He has worked in teaching associateship from July 2017 to December 2017 in CSED, TIET, Patiala. He has worked as teaching assistant in Thapar University, Patiala under MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Department) scholarship through GATE CS (Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering in Computer Science and Information Technology) for two years during his Masters. He has qualified GATE CS 2013 exam with 96.7193 percentile (A.I.R. 7352 out of 2,24,160). He has also qualified NTA UGCNET June 2019 in Computer Science and Applications with A.I.R. 98.9071 percentile (A.I.R. 469 out of 42,913). He has worked as a Junior Research Fellow in IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh from March 2015 to May 2015 under a DRDO Machine Learning Project. He has done ten weeks course on Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms certification exam in 2014 with NPTEL. His area of research is computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, and 3D face recognition and reconstruction.
SCI JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Sharma, S., Kumar, V.: Performance Evaluation of 2D Face Recognition Techniques Under Image Processing Attacks. Modern Physics Letters B. World Scientific Journals. I.F. 0.731
SCOPUS JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Sharma, S., Kumar, V.: Transfer Learning in 2.5D Face Image for Occlusion Presence and Gender Classification. Handbook of Research on Deep Learning Innovations and Trends. IGI Global
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS
- Nigam, K., Sharma, S., Rana, P.S.: Gender, Makeup, Age and Illumination Prediction from Faces using Ensemble Modeling. International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT). 07-08 April 2018. IEEE.
- Sharma, S., Garg, D., Rana, P.S.: Predicting Employability from User Personality using Ensemble Modelling. International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control (I2C2’17). 23-24 June 2017. IEEE.
- Sood, A., Sharma, S.: Image Segmentation and Object Recognition using Machine Learning. International Conference on Smart Trends for Information Technology and Computer Communications. 06-07 Aug 2016. Springer. Link: http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-3433-6_25
- Kaur, A., Sharma, S.: Human Activity Recognition using Ensemble Modelling. International Conference on Smart Trends for Information Technology and Computer Communications. 06-07 Aug 2016. Springer. Link: http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-3433-6_35
- Predicting Employability from User Personality using Ensemble Modelling. IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control (I2C2’17). Karpagam Innovation Centre, Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore, India. 23-24 June 2017.
- Gender, Makeup, Age and Illumination Prediction from Faces using Ensemble Modeling. International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT’18). Hotel Gateway (Taj), Hinjewadi, Pune, India. 7-8 April 2018.
- Delegate in International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Science (ICMLDS’17), 14th – 15th December 2017, Bennett University, India
- Member of organizing committee for Challenges in Emerging Computer Technologies (CECT’10), 08th – 09th April 2010, RBIEBT, Mohali, India.
- One session on Transfer Learning using MATLAB as Resource person in Thapar Summer School on Machine Learning and Deep Learning - 2019. 05th July 2019, TIET, Patiala, India
- Summer School on Computer Vision and Machine Learning, IIIT Hyderabad, July 02-14, 2018.
- Three days DST-SERB Sponsored Workshop on Computational Drug Design using Molecular Docking and Virtual Screening, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, April 27-29, 2018.
- Summer School on Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Neuroimaging, IIIT Hyderabad, July 03 – July 20, 2017.
- Four days’ workshop on Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy logics and its Applications in Big Data Analytics at Thapar University, April 12-15, 2016.
- One-day LaTeX workshop at Thapar University, April 9, 2016.
- Two days’ workshop on Arthrobotics - 4 Legged Robots controlled by Microcontroller Programming in the year 2009, at Rayat and Bahra Institutes, Mohali.
- Achieved A.I.R. 469 in NTA UGCNET exam in Computer Science and Applications in June 2019 with 98.9071166 percentile.
- Achieved A.I.R. 7354 in GATE CS 2013 exam with 96.7193076 percentile
- Coordinator, Robotic Arm, Experiential Learning Centre, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, 30 March-28 April 2019.
- Member, Organizing and Head of Registration, Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 2011.
- Student Ambassador for Pragyaan 2.0, RBIEBT, Mohali, 2011.
- Achieved 321st rank out of 1972 teams in Data Science Bowl 2017 competition on Kaggle for stage-1 lung cancer prediction.
- Scored 75% marks in NPTEL Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms certification exam in 2014. (10 weeks course).
- Student member IEEE since April 2016. Membership No. 93883779