Dr. Sridhar Joshi is working with EIED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since July 2018. He completed his PhD degree in Power Electronics from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in October 2018. His research interests include Audio Engineering, Control of Power Electronic Converters Using Non-linear Controller.
- Ph.D. (IIT Kanpur) in Electrical Engineering specialization in Power Electronics
- M. Tech in Power Electronics and Drive from MMMEC Gorakhpur with First class (72%)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from Purvanchal University Jaunpur, with First class (69%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 6 years
- 4.5 years in UPTU
- 1.5 years in TIET Patiala
- Electrical Machines
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Electric Drives
- Non-linear control of converters
- Class D amplifier
- Converter Topologies
- Control of Electric Drives
- S.Tolani, S.Joshi and P.Sensarma, “Dual Loop Digital Control of Three-Phase Power Supply Unit with Reduced Sensor Count,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 367-375, Jan.-Feb. 2018. [SCI Impact Factor 3.347].
- S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Hybrid controller for mid-power audio application," in IET Power Electronics, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1200-1207, 8 18 2017. [SCI Impact Factor 2.839].
- S.Joshi, P. Sensarma, “Fixed frequency based sliding mode controlled audio amplifier," presented at 2018 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Madras, India, 2018.
- S. Joshi, S. Tolani and P. Sensarma, "Design of an analog sliding mode controlled audio amplifier," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Trivandrum, India, 2016, pp. 1-6.
- S. Tolani, S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Dual loop digital control of UPS inverter with reduced sensor count," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Trivandrum, India, 2016, pp. 1-6.
- S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Class D audio amplifier with hybrid control," 2015 9th International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE-ECCE Asia), Seoul, 2015, pp. 182-189.
- S.Joshi and P.Sensarma, “Sliding mode controlled half bridge audio amplifier using single power supply,”.IEEE Energy conversion congress and exposition, Pittsburgh, PA, 2014, pp-1256-1262.
- Sridhar Joshi and P.Sensarma, "Hybrid controlled arrangement to achieve linear electrical to acoustic conversion and method thereof", Indian Patent, Appl. No. 201611032621. 2016.
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.