Assistant Professor (Contract-II)
Dr. Navdeep Kaur is working with EIED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2013. She has completed her PhD degree in Power System Optimization from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in August 2019. Her research interests include Power System Optimization and Distribution Systems.
- Ph.D. (TIET Patiala) in Electrical Engineering specialization in Power System Optimization
- M. E. in Power Systems and Electric Drives, Thapar University, Patiala First class (8.51 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering / P.T.U. Jalandhar / First class (71.97%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 11 years 7 month
- August 2008 – May 2009: Lecturer, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, PLU, Phagwara.
- July 2009 – December 2009: Lecturer, Instrumentation and Control Engineering Department, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar.
- December 2009 – June 2013: Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, BHSBIET, Lehragaga.
- Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Machines
- Power System Optimization
- Distribution Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Multi-Objective Optimization Approach for Placement of Multiple DGs for Voltage Sensitive Loads." Energies, 10.11 (2017): 1733. [SCI Impact Factor 2.707].
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Analytical Approach for Optimal Allocation of Distributed Generators to Minimize Losses." Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, 11.6 (2016): 1582-1589. [SCI Impact Factor 0.715].
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Optimal Integration of DG for Improvement of Economy and Voltage in Distribution Network." accepted for presentation in 2020 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE) on 26-29 April 2020, organized by IEEE London, Canada.
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Optimal Allocation of Dispersed Generators for Voltage-Dependent Practical Loads." Presented in 2018 Clemson University Power Systems Conference (PSC) on 4-7 September 2018, organized by Clemson University, South Carolina, USA.
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Hybrid Methodology for Optimal Allocation of Synchronous Generator-Based DG" Presented in Recent Advancement in Computer, Communication and Computational Sciences (RACCCS-2017). on 2-3 September 2017, organized by Aryabhatta College of Engineering & Research Center, Ajmer
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " A review on techniques for placement of distributed generators" Presented in 7th IEEE India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE) 2016. on 16-19 November 2016, organized by Thapar University, Patiala
- Navdeep Kaur and Sanjay K. Jain. " Placement of Distributed Generators for Loss Minimization and Voltage Improvement using Particle Swarm Optimization" Presented in 7th IEEE India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE) 2016. on 16-19 November 2016, organized by Thapar University, Patiala
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.