Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Security and Trust Evaluation in Distributed Systems
Rajanpreet Kaur Chahal is currently working as Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. She completed her M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from Panjab University, Chandigarh, India in 2014. She is currently pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Science from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India. Her current research interests include trust evaluation in distributed networks.
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Fuzzy Rule-based Expert system for determining Trustworthiness of Cloud Service Providers in International Journal of Fuzzy Systems (Springer), vol. 19, issue 2, IF 2.198, pp. 338-354, 2017.
- Trust Calculation using Fuzzy Logic in Cloud Computing in Handbook of Research on Security Considerations in Cloud Computing (IGI Global), pp. 127-172, 2015.
- A review on Data Mining based Intrusion Detection Systems in International Journal of Control Theory and Applications (Scopus), vol. 10, no. 22, pp. 213-223, 2017.
- AHP-based Ranking of Cloud Service Providers in International Conference on Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications (Springer), pp. 491-499, 2016
- Fuzzy Logic and AHP-based Ranking of Cloud Service Providers in International Conference on Computational Intelligence on Data Mining (Springer), pp. 337-346, 2016
- A Review on Security Problems and Measures of Internet of Things in International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control Systems (IEEE), 2017.
Awards and Honours
- Qualified GATE 2012 with 98 percentile.
- Organised a workshop on Soft Skills at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Coordinated a workshop on Android Development at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Coordinated a workshop on Internet of Things at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
Description of Research Interests
Rajanpreet’s research interests include evaluation of trust in distributed networks which comprises a facet of security in distributed environment. She studied this aspect related to Cloud Computing in her ME Thesis work and is now continuing it in the field of Internet of Things for her PhD Thesis.