Geo-Tech Engineering, Foundation Design, Liquefaction of soils, Collapse behaviour, Ash Dykes
Contact No.: +91-9417178309
Rajesh Pathak is Associate Professor in Geotechnical section of Department of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Rajesh Pathak joined as lecturer in Oct 1994 and has been serving the institute for the last 23 years. He has field experience in various government and private site investigation projects during his stay in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. He has given the consultancy for design of ash dykes for various thermal power plants in Punjab. Now days he is also Road Safety Consultant for various projects of NHAI. Prof. Rajesh Pathak has guided around 18 ME/MTech thesis and various undergraduate group projects. He has been the Programme coordinator for BE Civil Engineering from 2004 to 2015 and Chairman of Time table Committee at university level. He has also been member of various committees at the university level. Nowadays, he is incharge of Sports activities of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and warden of Hostel J.
- Liquefaction of Soils,
- Ground Improvement Techniques,
- Design of Ash dykes
- Site characterization.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES AND ASSOCIATION
- Life member, ASCE (IS), American Society of Civil Engineers,
- Chartered Engineer and Life Member of Institution Of Engineers, India,
- Life Member of Indian Geotechnical Society
- Life Member of ISRMTT Indian Society for Rock Mass and Tunnelling Technology
- DISCUSSION ASCE JOURNAL OF ENERGY ENGINEERING FOR PAPER ENTITLED "PERMEABILITY AND CONSOLIDATION CHARACTERSTICS OF COMPACTED FLY ASH" BY S.R.KANIRAJ AND V.GAYATHRI Vol.131, Issue3, Page no. 208-213 December, 2006
- Dynamic behavior of Coal Ash, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.1 (2), pp.7-11, 2014.
- Utilization of Ash as structural fill in low lying areas, A. Bhardwaj, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology, Vol.3(8),pp.1088-1090 ,2014.
- Effect of Reinforcement on Bearing Capacity of Sand, Harvinder Singh, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.1 (3), pp.1-5, 2014.
- Effect of the Position of Geotextiles on the Strength Characteristics of Subgrade Soil in Bituminous Pavements, Tarun*, Tanuj Chopra, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.3 (2), pp.12-17, 2016.
- Effect of the Position of Geotextile on the Performance Parameters of the Flexible Pavement, Tarun Gupta*, Tanuj Chopra, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.3 (2), pp.65-75, 2016.
- "Liquefaction Characteristics of Ghagger Sand", Proceedings Xth Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, Nov. 16-18, 1994, pp. 719-722, University of Roorkee, Roorkee.
- "Reliability Based Life Prediction of Highways Bridges", National Conference on Road Transportation–Issues & Strategies, Oct. 23–24 , 1998, TIET Patiala. pp. 318-323
- "Liquefaction Characteristics Of Coal Ash", National Seminar on Fly Ash Characteristics and its Geotechnical Applications, August 30, 1999,pp. 189-194, IISc Bangalore.
- "Behaviour Of Footings on Ash layer Overlying Sand layer", National Seminar on Flyash Characteristics and its Geotechnical Applications, August 30,1999, IISc Bangalore.
- "Settlement of Foundation for Oil Storage Tank by Constitutive Laws", National Seminar on Geotechnical and Environmental Aspects of Managing MSW, September 30,1999, MNREC Allahabad.
- "Consideration for Dynamic Stability of Ash fill", 2nd International Conference on Fly Ash Disposal and Utilization, CBIP, New Delhi , Feb. 2-4, 2000.
- "Behaviour of Footings on Ash Filled Sites", All India Seminar on Ground Improvement Techniques at Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra, September, 2000.
- "Densification of Ash fields", All India Seminar on Ground Improvement Techniques at Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra, September, 2000.pp. 289-294.
- " Behaviour of Anchors under Surcharge in Sandy Soils ", Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC-2000), The Millennium Conference of IGC held at Mumbai, December 2000.
- " Raising of Ash Dyke at Ropar" National Seminar on Road transportation leading to fuel economy, held at TIET Patiala, 2001.pp 436-443.
- "Ash as a backfill material", 3rd International Conference on Flyash Disposal and Utilisation, CBIP, New Delhi, Feb. 19-21,2003.
- "The Importance of Small Strain Stiffness in Geotechnical Engg." National Conference on material and related technologies at TIET Patiala.Sept18-19, 2003
- "Few Aspects of Coal Ash as an Embankment Fill," National Conference on material and related technologies at TIET Patiala.Sept18-19, 2003
- "Experimental study of sand reinforced with wire mesh" National Symposium on Advances in Geotechnical Engineering (NSAGE-2004) held at IISC Bangalore July22-23,2004.
- " Utilisation of Ash as a fill Material," National Conference on Materials and their applications MACE-04 at NIT, Hamirpur on August 26-27, 2004
- "Behaviour of Ash behind retaining walls" for Advances in Geotechnical Engineering – 2005 held on Jan22-23, 2005 at NIT, Rourkela.
- "Ash as a structural fill" National Conference on Geotechnics in Environmental Protection( GEN-2005) held at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology on 9-10th April,2005.
- " Dynamic Behavior of Coal Ash" for ICEE-2006 on Feburary 25-26, 2006 at Sastra Deemed University.
- "Comparison of dynamic behaviour of Ash and Sand" International Conference on Advances in Concrete, Structural Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering on October 25-27, 2009 held at BITS Pilani pp.1-4.
- A common collapse test for Granular Materials, Indian Geotechnical Conference, at Guntur, Vol.-1, pp.47-51, 2009.
- "Reuse of fly ash in foundations" Sixth International Congress on Environment Geotechnical at New Delhi in Oct 2010.Vol.2,pp.1126-1131.
Description of Research Interest
Rajesh Pathak research interest are in soil stabilization through various techniques. He is also interested in studying soil liquefaction behavior of sand