Manufacturing process characterisation, automation and optimisation.
- Ph.D. (Submitted) in Manufacturing Processes & Automation Engineering from NSIT New Delhi (University of Delhi)
- M.Tech. in Manufacturing Systems from MMU Mullana
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra
Experience: Total Experience 10 years
- August 2017 – Present: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab
- Feb 2017 –July 2017: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Panipat Institute of Engg & tech, Panipat
- Mar 2013 – Jan 2017: Teaching cum Research Fellow, Division of MPAE, NSIT New Delhi (University of Delhi)
- Sept 2011 – Feb 2013: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Panipat Institute of Engg & tech, Panipat
- August 2007 – August 2011: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Panipat Institute of Engg & tech, Panipat
- Machining Science
- Manufacturing Processes
- Material Science
- Production Engineering & Technology
- Non-conventional Manufacturing Processes
- Engineering Drawing
- Conventional and Non-conventional Manufacturing Processes
- Manufacturing Automation
- 1. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari, Arc characterization study for submerged arc welding of HSLA (API X80) steel, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Volume 31, Issue 3, Pages 1383-1390, 2017. ISSN 1976-3824. (Impact Factor 1.128)
- 2. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari, A review on welding of high strength oil and gas pipeline steels, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Volume 38, Pages 203-217, 2017. ISSN 1875-5100. (Impact Factor 2.9)
- 3. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari, “Multi-objective optimization of HAZ characteristics for submerged arc welding of micro-alloyed high-strength pipeline steel using GRA-PCA approach" Journal for Manufacturing Science & Production, (De-Gruyter), Volume 16, Issue 4, Pages 263–271, 2016. ISSN 2191-0375. (Emerging source citation index)
- 4. Satish Kumar Sharma, Sachin Maheshwari, Sandeep Rathee “Multi-objective optimization of bead geometry for submerged arc welding of API X80 pipeline steel using RSM-fuzzy approach", Journal for Manufacturing Science and Production, (De-Gruyter), Volume 16, Issue 3, Pages 141–151, 2016. ISSN 2191-0375. (Emerging source citation index)
- 5. Sandeep Rathee, Sachin Maheshwari, A.N. Siddiquee and Manu Srivastava, Satish Kumar Sharma, Process parameters optimization for enhanced microhardness of AA 6063/ SiC surface composites fabricated via Friction Stir Processing (FSP). Materials Today: Proceedings (Elsevier), Volume 3, Issue 10, Part B, 2016, Pages 4151–4156. (Scopus indexed).
- 6. Manu Srivastava, Sachin Maheshwari,T.K. Kundra, Sandeep Rathee, Satish Kumar Sharma, “Virtual Design, Modelling and Analysis of Functionally graded materials by Fused Deposition Modeling", Materials Today: Proceedings (Elsevier), Volume 3, Issue 10, Part B, Pages 3660-3665, 2016. (Scopus indexed).
- 7. Brijpal Singh, Satish Kumar Sharma, Z.A. Khan, Arshad N. Siddiquee, Sachin Maheshwari “Effect of flux composition on tensile strength and percentage elongation of welds, Archives of Mechanical Engineering, (De-Gruyter), Vol. 63, issue 3, pages 337-354, 2016, (Scopus indexed).
- 8. Aditya Kumar, Sachin Maheshwari and Satish Kumar Sharma “Fuzzy logic optimization of weld properties for saw using silica based agglomerated flux", Procedia Computer Science (Elsevier), Vol. 57, pp. 1140-1148, 2015. (Scopus indexed).
- 9. Aditya Kumar, Sachin Maheshwari and Satish Kumar Sharma “Optimization of vickers hardness and impact strength of silica based fluxes for submerged arc welding by Taguchi method" Materials Today: Proceedings, (Elsevier), Vol. 2, Issue 4-5, pp. 1092-1101, 2015. (Scopus indexed).
- 10. Satish Kumar Sharma, Rahul Dev Gupta, Anish Kumar and Bhim Singh “Supplier issues for lean implementation", International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.3, pp. 3900-3905, 2011.
Book /Chapter Publications
- 1. Sunil Dhull, Satish Kumar Sharma and Sanjay Kahira, Chapter Productivity management", contributed in book titled "Case Studies in Management", MJP Publishers, Chennai. ISBN 978-81-8094-098-9. pp-275-291., 2011.
1. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari, Experimental investigation of ductile to brittle transition behaviour of X80 HSLA steel", in proceedings of 25th International Conference on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials (PFAM-XXV), January 22-25, 2017, held at University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- 2. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwar, Effects of process parameters on arc characteristics of submerged arc welding", in proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Production and Industrial Engineering (ICAPIE-2016), 9-10 December, 2016, DTU-Delhi, India. (ISBN: 978-93-85909-51-1), Page: 265-269.
- 3. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwar, Hydrogen embrittlement in welded strucutres of high strength pipeline steels", communicated in IVth International Conference on Production & Industrial Engineering (CPIE-2016), 19-21 December, 2016, NIT-Jalandhar, Punjab, India. (ISBN: )
- 4. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari, A review on thermo-mechanical simulation studies for welding of high strength micro-alloyed pipeline steels", in Proceedings of 4th international conference Simulation & Processing of Steels (Simpro’16), February 10-12, 2016, SAIL Ranchi, India. (ISBN: 978-93-85919-86-2), Page: 540-551.
- 5. Satish Kumar Sharma and Sachin Maheshwari,A review on failure of HSLA steel welds in oil and gas pipelines", in Proceedings of 23rd international conference Processing & fabrication of Advanced Materials (PFAM-XXIII), December 05-07, 2014, IIT Roorkee, India.(ISBN: 978-93-84588-18-2 (vol. 2)), Page: 1210-1215.
- 6. Satish Kumar Sharma and Bhim singh and R.D. Gupta, Significance of Supplier Management in Lean Implementation in proceeding of 2nd International Conference Production & Industrial Engineering (CPIE-2010), NIT Jalandhar on 03-05 Dec 2010, (ISBN 978-81-920453-0-6), Page: 1305-1310.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Teaching-cum-Reserach Fellowship (TRF) 2013-2017 at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE-2013)
- Excellence Award: PIET management appreciated me for my services given in department of Mechanical Engineering
Workshop, Summer School & FDP Conducted
- 1. One week short term course on "Design of experiments & Advanced Optimization Techniques (DEAOT-2017)" at PIET Samalkha, Panipat from 10-14 July 2017.
Workshop, Summer School & FDP Attended
- 1. AICTE sponsored Two week summer school on "Theory & Practical Applications of FEM" in NCCE Israna, from 14 June to 25 June 2010.
- 2. AICTE sponsored One week summer school on "Industrial Engineering: Current Paradigm & Future" in NIT Jalandhar, from 12 July to 16 July 2010.
- 3. Two days workshop on "NPTEL (National Programme for Technology enhanced Learning)" organized by MHRD, Govt. of India held at IIT Madras from 05-06 April 2011.
- 4. IIW sponsored one day workshop on "Development in ARC Welding" in SVEC Ganaur on 18th April 2011.
- 5. AICTE sponsored one week Staff Developed Programme on "Making Magic of Teaching" from 27 June - 02 July 2011.
- 6. One week workshop on "AEOTIT-2013 (Advanced Engineering Optimization Through Intelligence Techniques)" organized by SVNIT, Surat from 07-11 January 2013.
- 7. QIP sponsored one week course on "Advanced Aerospace Materials: Processing, Characterization and Applications" in department of Metallurgy and materials at IIT Roorkee from 01st June to 05th June 2015.
- 8. One week short term course on "Advanced Materials and Characterization" in department of Physics, NIT Kurukshetra from 08 June to 12th June 2015.
- 9. One week TEQIP sponsored FDP on "Recent Development and Challenges in Materials and Manufacturing Processes" in department of Mechanical Engineering, DTU Delhi from 25th July to 29th July 2016.
- 10. One week TEQIP sponsored FDP on "Multi-criteria Decision Making Methods and Analysis (MCDMA)" in department of Mechanical Engineering, DCRUST Murthal, Haryana from 09th September to 13th September 2016.
Message to Students & Community:
- Learning comes through participation.
- Start doing the small things, one day you will find yourself doing the impossible.