Mathematical modelling of transport processes, Traffic flow
Dr. Isha Dhiman is currently working with School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. She joined the department in July 2016 after completing her doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab. Her area of research is mathematical modelling of intracellular transport and traffic flow. She has presented her research work globally at many international and national conferences. Her research articles are published in international journals of repute and have got 194 citations. She has taught UG as well as PG students various subjects namely Advanced Calculus, Optimization Techniques, and Numerical Analysis. Link to google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=r9zJDxIAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
- Ph.D. (2016)from IIT Ropar in mathematical modelling and analyses of various transport processes
- M. Sc. (Hons. School) (2009) in Mathematics from Panjab University, Chandigarh
- B.Sc. (2004) from M. M. Modi College, Punjabi University, Patiala
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 2 years 4 months (post PhD) and 2 years (pre PhD)
- July 2018- till date: Assistant Professor, School of Mathematics, TIET.
- July 2016- June 2018: Lecturer School of Mathematics, TIET
- July 2011- December 2011: Lecturer School of Mathematics and Computer Applications, Thapar University
- January 2010- June 2011: Lecturer, SUSWEC Tangori, Mohali
- Optimization Techniques
- Numerical Analysis
- Advanced Calculus
- Number Theory
- Mathematical Modeling
- Traffic flow
- Intracellular Transport
- Monte Carlo Simulations
- A.K. Gupta, I. Dhiman, Coupling of two asymmetric exclusion processes with open boundaries, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 392, 6314-6329 .
- A.K. Gupta, I. Dhiman, Asymmetric coupling in two-lane simple exclusion processes with Langmuir kinetics: Phase diagrams and boundary layers, Physical Review E, 89 (02), 022131-1 - 0221315.li>
- I Dhiman, A K Gupta, Effect of coupling strength on a two-lane partially asymmetric coupled totally asymmetric simple exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics, Physical Review E, 90, 012114-1 to 012114-11.
- I Dhiman, A K Gupta, Two-channel totally asymmetric simple exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics: The role of coupling constant, Euro Physics Letters, 107, 20007-p1 to 20007-p6.
- I Dhiman, A K Gupta, Collective dynamics of an inhomogeneous two-channel exclusion process: Theory and Monte Carlo Simulations, Journal of Computational Physics, 309, 227-240.
- I Dhiman, A K Gupta, Origin and dynamics of a bottleneck-induced shock in a two-channel exclusion process, Physics Letters A, 380, 2038-2044
- I Dhiman, A K Gupta, Steady-state dynamics of an inhomogeneous two-channel TASEP with Langmuir kinetics, International Journal of Modern Physics C, 29, 1850037
- AK Gupta, I Dhiman, Phase Diagram of a continuum traffic flow model with a static bottleneck, Non Linear Dynamics, 79, 663-671.
- AK Gupta, I Dhiman, Analyses of a continuum traffic flow model for a nonlane-based system, International Journal of Modern Physics C, 25, 1450045.
- AK Verma, AK Gupta, I Dhiman, Phase diagrams of three-lane asymmetrically coupled exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics, Euro Physics Letters, 112, 30008
Message to Students & Community
Hard work has no alternative.