Mathematical modelling of transport processes, Traffic flow
Dr. Isha Dhiman is currently working as a lecturer in School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. She joined the department in July 2016 after completing her doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab. Her area of research is mathematical modelling of intracellular transport and traffic flow. She has presented her research work globally at many international and national conferences. Her research articles are published in international journals of repute and have got 119 citations. She has taught UG as well as PG students various subjects namely Advanced Calculus, Optimization Techniques, and Numerical Analysis.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI 09, Non-SCI 00
List of publications
- 2016: I. Dhiman and A. K. Gupta, Origin and dynamics of a bottleneck-induced shock in a two-channel exclusion process, Physics Letters A 380 (24), 2038-2044, Impact factor: 1.683.
- 2016: I. Dhiman and A. K. Gupta, Collective dynamics of an inhomogeneous two-channel exclusion process: Theory and Monte Carlo simulations, Journal of Computational Physics 309, 227-240 (2016), (1 citation), Impact factor: 2.434.
- 2015: A.K. Verma, A.K. Gupta and I. Dhiman, Phase diagrams of three-lane asymmetrically coupled exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics, Euro Phys. Lett. 112 (3) 30008 (2015), (1 citation), Impact factor: 2.095
- 2015: A. K. Gupta and I. Dhiman, Phase diagram of a continuum traffic flow model with a static bottleneck, Nonlinear Dynamics 79 (1) 663 (2015) (28 citations), Impact factor: 2.849.
- 2014: I. Dhiman and A.K. Gupta, Effect of coupling strength on a two-lane partially asymmetric coupled totally asymmetric simple exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics, Phys. Rev. E 90 012114 (2014) (5 citations), Impact factor: 2.288.
- 2014: I. Dhiman and A.K Gupta, Two-channel totally asymmetric simple exclusion process: The role of coupling constant, Euro Phys. Lett. 107(02) 20007 (2014) (5 citations), Impact factor: 2.095.
- 2014: A. K. Gupta and I. Dhiman, Analyses of continuum traffic flow model for a non-lane- based system, International Journal of Modern Physics C 25 (10) 1450045 (39 citations), Impact factor: 1.260.
- 2014: A.K. Gupta and I. Dhiman, Asymmetric coupling in two-lane simple exclusion process with Langmuir kinetics: Phase diagrams and boundary layers, Phys. Rev. E 89 (02) 022131 (16 citations), Impact factor: 2.288.
- 2013: A.K. Gupta and I. Dhiman, Coupling of two asymmetric exclusion process with open boundaries, Physica A 392(24) 6314-6329 (7 citations), Impact factor: 1.732.
Awards and Honours
- 2011: Qualified CSIR-UGC (JRF and NET) in Mathematics and Statistics with all India Rank-50.
- 2010:Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) in Mathematics with all India Rank-142.
- 2009: Qualified CSIR-UGC (JRF and NET) in Mathematics and Statistics with all India Rank-21.
- 2009: Qualified for NBHM (National Board of Higher Mathematics) fellowship to pursue Ph.D.
- 2009: Best project presentation, entitled Theory of Cyclotomy and cyclotomic polynomials at CHANDIGARH SCIENCE CONGRESS, Department of Mathematics, P.U. Chandigarh.
- 2007:V.C. Dumir fellow in M.Sc.(HS), Department of Mathematics, P.U. Chandigarh from July 2007 - May 2009.
- 2006: Received scholarship for securing 3 rd university position in B.Sc. from Punjabi University, Patiala.
- 2006: Won 2 nd prize in Science quiz at Guru Nanak Girls College, Ludhiana.
Description of Research Interests
Her research interests include the study of biological intracellular transport and understanding their non-equilibrium features. Most of her work is based on using discrete mathematical models named as exclusion process models. Specifically, she has studied multi-channel traffic systems under different physical environments.