Partition Theory, Enumerative Combinatorics, Number Theory
Meenakshi Rana is Associate Professor in School of Mathematics, at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. She Joined Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology in 2008. She is currently the Principal Investigator of two major research Projects in Partition Theory/Enumerative Combinatorics and has keen interest in the related areas. Formerly she worked at CIET, Rajpura for three years, and before that she worked at SSIET, Derabassi for a year. Dr. Rana has published 12 reviewed publication,1 book chapter. Her current H-Index is 10, according to SCOPUS bibliometrics (November 2015). Apart from her research interest she is highly enthusiastic teacher and enjoys lecturing to her students.
- Project Title: on q-series, split n-color partitions and F-partitions
Time : From 2016 --
Project No. 25(0256)/16/EMR-II
Funding Agency: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Project Title: On Combinatorics of q-Series, Rogers- Ramanujan type identities and Split n-Color Partitions
Time : From 2016 --
Project No. 2/48(18)/2016/NBHM(R.P.)/R&D II/14983
Funding Agency: National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Life member of Ramanujan Mathematical Society(644)
- Life member of Indian Mathematical Society(R-10- 131)
- Life member of Society for Special function and their Applications(804)
- Life member of Indian Science Congress(L-16404)
- Life member of Punjab Academy of Sciences(L-1406)
List of Publications
- M. Goyal and M. Rana, “ On Central Tendencies of the Parts in Certain Restricted Partitions”, Mathematical Reports, 2016.(SCI)
- M. Rana, J. K. Sareen And D. Chawala, “On Generalized q-Series and Split (n+t)-Color Partitions”, Utilitas Mathematica, (2015) (Accepted) (SCI)
- S. Sharma, M. Rana, “Combinatorial interpretations of mock theta functions by attaching weights”, Discrete Mathematics 341 (2018) 1903–1914. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.578)
- M. Rana and M. Goyal, “On Combinatorics of Modified Lattice Paths and Generalized q-series”, Contributions to Discrete Math.,, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp 136-149, ISSN 1715-0868, 2018 . (IMPACT FACTOR-0.28)
- M. Rana and J. K. Sareen, “Split (n+t)-Color Partitions and 2-Color F-Partitions”, Contributions to Discrete Math., Vol. 12, No. 2, pp 115-145, ISSN 1715-0868, 2017. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.28)
- J. K. Sareen and M. Rana, “Four-way combinatorial interpretations of some Rogers-Ramanujan type identities”, ARS -Combinatoria, 133(2017), pp 17-35. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.268)
- M. RANA, “Partition Theoretic Interpretations Of The A2 Rogers-Ramanujan Identities”, ARS -Combinatoria, 130 (2017), PP 119-129. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.268)
- J. K. Sareen and M. Rana, “Combinatorics of Tenth Order Mock Theta functions”, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Math. Sci), Vol. 126, No. 4, November 2016, pp. 549-556. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.371)
- A K Agarwal AND M Rana, New combinatorial versions of Gollnitz- Gordon identities, Utilitas Mathematica, VOL. 79 (2009), PP. 145-155. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.28)
- M RANA AND A K AGARWAL, On an extension of a combinatorial identities, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Math. Sci), VOL. 119, NO. 1, (2009), PP. 1-7. (IMPACT FACTOR-0.371)
- M. Rana and J. K. Sareen, “On Combinatorial Extensions of Some Mock Theta Functions Using Signed Partitions”, Advances in Theoretical and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 10, No.1, pp 15-25 (2015)
- A.K. AGARWAL AND M RANA, “Combinatorial interpretation of a generalized basic series”, Analytic Number Theory, approximation Theory, and special functions, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4939-0258-3_7 HMS-Volume, Springer, 215-225 (2013).
- A K Agarwal and M Rana, Two new combinatorial interpretations of a fifth order mock theta function, Journal of The Indian Mathematical Society, Special Centenary Volume (1907-2007), (2009), pp 11-24.
- M Rana and A K Agarwal, Frobenius partition theoretic interpretation of a fifth order mock theta function, Canadian Journal of Pure & Applied Sciences, Vol. 3, No.2, (2009), pp. 859-863.
- M.Rana, “Split (n+t)-Color Partitions and 2-Color F- Partitions”, Connections in Discrete Mathematics, 15-19 June, 2015, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada.
- M. Rana, “q-Series and Split (n+t)-Color Partitions”, International Conference on Special Functions and their Applications, 9-11 September 2016, JamiaMilliaIslamia, New Delhi
- M.Rana, “On Split (n+t)-Color Partitions, 2-Color F- Partitions and Mock Theta Functions”, South Asian Mathematics Research Scholars Meet , 8-9 May, 2015,South Asian University, New Delhi.
- M.Rana, “On Combinatorics of RRI”, 18 th Punjab Science Academy Annual Conference, 7-9 February, 2015, DeshBhagat University, MandiGobingarh, Punjab, India.
- M.Rana, “On some extension of Tenth order mock theta functions”, International Conference of Special Functions and Their Applications, 16-18 October, 2014, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India.
- M.Rana, “Three way combinatorial interpretations of some RRI”, International Conference of Special Functions and Their Applications, 13-15 December, 2013, MVNIT, Jaipur, India.
- M.Rana and H.Kaur, “Combinatorial interpretations of some tenth order mock theta functions”, National Conference on Advances in Mathematics & its Applications in Mathematics & its Applications, 25-27 June, 2013, NIT, Hamirpur, India.
- M.Rana, “Partition theoretic interpretations of Some double series q- identities”, International Conference of Special Functions and Their Applications, 27-29 June, 2012, SVNIT, Surat, India.
- M.Rana, “Partition theoretic interpretations of RR type identities”, Twenty first International conference of forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, 15-17 Dec, 2012, P.U., Chandigarh, India.
- M.Rana, “On a fifth order mock theta function”, 98 th Indian Science Congress, 3-7 Jan, 2011, SRM University, Chennai, India.
- M.Rana and A.K.Agarwal, “New combinatorial versions of Gollnitz-Gordon identities” 11 th Punjab Science congress, 7-9 Feb, 2008, T. U., Patiala, India.
- M.Rana andA.K.Agarwal, “Partition theoretic interpretation of a fifth order mock theta function” 74 rd annual conference of IMS, 27-30 Dec, 2008, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India.
- M.Rana and A.K.Agarwal, “On a Combinatorial identity”, 73 rd annual conference of IMS, 27-30 Dec, 2007, University of Pune, Pune, India.
- “q-Series and Split (n+t)-Color Partitions” International Conference on Special Functions and their Applications, 9-11 September 2016, JamiaMilliaIslamia, New Delhi
- “On Multiple Integrals and its applications in engineering, October 20, 2015, Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran, Mohali, Punjab, India.
- “On some extension of Tenth order mock theta functions”, International Conference of Special Functions and Their Applications, 16-18 October, 2014, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India.
- “Applications of Mathematics in Engineering, Rayat and Behra Institute for Women, Khrar, Mohali, February 07, 2014.
- “Three way combinatorial interpretations of some RRI” International Conference of Special Functions and Their Applications, 13-15 Dec, 2013, MVNIT, Jaipur, India.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded for $750 by Simon Fraser University, Burnaby for participating in conference “Connections to Discrete Mathematics”
- Awarded by best paper in Number Theory/Algebra in Indian Mathematical Society Annual Conference (IMS) - 2007
- 2nd Rank in M.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics, Panjab University,2003
- 4th Rank in B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics, Panjab University, 2001
- Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada Jun 15- June 24 (Conference)
- Trinity College Dublin, Jan 06-Feb 24, 2018 (Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Program)
- Ms. Jasdeep Kaur, 2016 “Rogers-Ramanujan identities type identities and Combinatorics”.
- Ms. Vasudha (Pursuing)
- Ms. Prabsimrat (Pursuing)
- Shruti Sharma, (Pursuing)
- Amrinder Kaur 2017, “On plane partitions and colored partitions”
- Priyanka, 2016, ‘‘ A survey on colored partition and q-series”
- Diksha Chawala, 2015, “Rogers-Ramanujan Identities and split (n+t) color Partition”
- Nisha, 2015, “On Study of Lattice Paths”
- Shelja Dutta, 2014, “On n-colour Compositions”
- Avneet Kaur, 2013, “A Study of ordinary, colored and signed Gollnitz-Gordon identities”
- Rajni Mittal, 2012, “A Study of Gollnitz-Gordon identities”
- Richa Bansal, 2011, “A Study of Guassian polynomial”
- Rajni Bansal, 2011, “Combinatorial interpretations of Rogers-Ramanujan identities and their analogues”
- Inderpal Singh, 2010, “A Study of Coloured partitions”
- Warden-PG hostel, Thapar University
- School Profile Coordinator, School of Mathematics.
- President, Thapar Mathematical Society
- Vice President - Kalam (Under privileged children society)
- Faculty Advisor - Gender Champions Society for students
Description of Research Interests
Meenakshi Rana is interested in understanding and studying the basic series identities combinatorially as well as analytically. Her motivation is Ramanujan’s Mock Theta Functions. Her recent work include the interpretations of many basic series and mock theta functions using colored partitions, lattice paths, F- partitions and a special class of infinite matrices. She had obtained the generalization of Göllnitz – Gordon identities using mentioned tools. She also used the convolution properties and ordinary partitions to interpret some A 2 Rogers-Ramanujan type identities. Her current interest are in establishing direct bijections between different combinatorial tools and their combinatorial connections.