Contact No.: 07549035031
I am working as a lecturer in School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. I joined the institute in August, 2016. My broad area of research is Theoretical seismology, Applications of partial differential equations.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Life member (2015) – Society of Applied Mathematics, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad, India
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Pramod Kumar Vaishnav, Santimoy Kundu, S M Abo-Dahab, and Anup Saha (2017) On Love wave behavior in composite fiber-reinforced structure, International Journal of Geomechanics (ASCE SCIIF=1.21), Vol. 17, Issue 9, pp. 1-16.
- Pramod Kumar Vaishnav, Santimoy Kundu, Shishir Gupta, and Anup Saha (2016) Propagation of Love- type Waves in Porous Medium over an Orthotropic Semi-Infinite Medium with Rectangular Irregularity, Mathematical Problems in Engineering (SCI IF=0.8), Vol. 2016, pp. 1-9.
- Santimoy Kundu, Shishir Gupta, Pramod Kumar Vaishnav and Santanu Manna (2016) Propagation of Love waves in a heterogeneous medium over an inhomogeneous half-space under the effect of point source, Journal of Vibration and Control (SCI IF=2.1) Vol. 22, pp. 1-12.
- Anup Saha, Santimoy Kundu, Shishir Gupta, and Pramod Kumar Vaishnav (2016) Effect of irregularity on torsional surface waves in an initially stressed anisotropic porous layer sandwiched between homogeneous and non-homogeneous half-space, Journal of Earth System Science (SCI IF=0.95), Volume 125 Issue 4 June 2016 pp 885-895.
- Anup Saha, Santimoy Kundu, Shishir Gupta, and Pramod Kumar Vaishnav (2016) SH Wave Propagation in a Finite Thicker Layer of the Void Pore Sandwiched by Heterogeneous Orthotropic Media, International Journal of Geomechanics (ASCE IF=1.21), Published DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000807.
- A. Saha, S. Kundu, P.K. Vaishnav, S. Gupta (2017) Effect of irregularity on torsional surface waves in an initially stressed porous layer sandwiched between two non-homogeneous half-spaces, Proceedings Of National Academy Of Sciences Section A: Physical Sciences (Springer, SCI IF=0.43). Accepted(25- Aug-2017)
- Pramod Kumar Vaishnav and Santimoy Kundu (2016) Propagation of torsional Surface wave in anisotropic layer between two half-Spaces, Procedia Engineering, Volume 144, 2016, Pages 1270–1277.
- Pramod Kumar Vaishnav, Santimoy Kundu, S M Abo-Dahab, and Anup Saha (2017) Torsional Surface Wave Propagation in Anisotropic Layer Sandwiched Between Heterogeneous Half-Space, Journal of Solid Mechanics. Vol. 9(1), pages. 213-224.
- Anup Saha, Santimoy Kundu, Shishir Gupta, and Pramod Kumar Vaishnav (2015) Love Waves in a Heterogeneous Orthotropic Layer Under Initial Stress Overlying a Gravitating Porous Half-Space, Proceeding of National Science Academic. Published Vol. 81(5) pp. 1193-1205.
Description of Research Interests:
Wave propagation is multi-model phenomena, and hence the analysis becomes quite complex when the problem is solved in the time domain. In wave propagation problems, we are concerned about two parameters, namely the wave number and the speeds of the propagation. There are many types of seismic waves that can be generated in structure like: Love wave, Rayleigh wave, Torsional wave, Stoneley wave, P- wave, S-wave etc.