Linear & nonlinear programming, convex analysis, vector optimization, combinatorial optimization
Designation and Subjects Taught
For UG: Optimization Techniques, Mathematics I, II
For PG: Functional Analysis, Real analysis, Operations Research, Probability and Statistics
Nonsmooth minimax fractional programming problems
Funded by Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Life member of the Operational Research Society of India (ORSI)
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Sheena Chhabra, Ravi Kiran, Sah, A. N., Vikas Sharma Information and Performance Optimization: A study of Indian IPOs during 2005-2012 Accepted for publication to Program (2017).
- Vikas Sharma, Kalpana Dahiya, Vanita Verma, A ranking algorithm for bi-objective quadratic fractional integer programming problems, Optimization 66(11), 1913-1929 (2017).
- Sonali,Navdeep Kailey, Vikas Sharma, On second order duality of minimax fractional programming with square root term involving generalized B-(p,r)-invex functions, Annals of Operations Research, 244(2), 603-617 (2016).
- Vikas Sharma, Kalpana Dahiya, Vanita Verma, A class of integer linear fractional bilevel programming problems, Optimization, 63(10), 1565-1581(2014).
- Vikas Sharma, Kalpana Dahiya, Vanita Verma, Capacitated two-stage time minimization transportation problem Asia Pacifc Journal of Operational Research, 27(4), 457-476 (2010).
- Vikas Sharma, Rita Malhotra, Vanita Verma Cost pipeline trade- o_ in a transportation problem,Yugoslavian Journal of Operational Research, 23(2), 197-211( 2013).
- Kalpana Dahiya, Vikas Sharma, Vanita Verma An iterative algorithm for a class of nonlinearinteger bilevel programming problems with box constraints, Asian European Journal of Mathe-matics, 5(3), 1250032 (2012).
- Vikas Sharma Multiobjective integer nonlinear fractional programming problem: A cutting plane approach, Opsearch, 49(2) 133-153, (2012).
- Vikas Sharma, Kalpana Dahiya, Vanita Verma A note on a two-stage interval time minimization transportation problem, ASOR Bulletin, 27(3), 12-18, (2008).
Awards and Honours
- Awarded Hans Raj Gupta memorial scholarship from the Department of Mathematics in the year 2000.
- Qualified the Joint CSIR - UGC Junior Research Fellowship in June 2005 in the subject of Mathematical Sciences.
- Qualified GATE - 2005 with 85.26 percentile.
- Awarded Junior Research Fellow (UGC) from Feb 10, 2006 to Feb 9, 2008 in the Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (UGC) from Feb 10, 2008 to June 3, 2009 in the Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Reviewer for American Mathematical Society (AMS) with reviewer id: 131729
Description of Research Interests
His research interests include the application of vertex search algorithm to linear, nonlinear, multiobjective, bilevel programming and to phased transportation problems. Presently he is working on some scalarization techniques to obtain nondominated pairs for multiobjective integer programming problems. Another areas he is exploring now a days is duality relations in minimax programming problems using generalized convex functions.