Dr. Vikas Tyagi Assistant Professor
Contact No.: +91-9540683404
Diversity-oriented synthesis of N-heterocycles, Isocyaanide chemistry, Carbene and nitrene insertion reactions, Development of biocatalyst for non-natural reactions, medicinal chemistry.
1. Myoglobin-catalyzed C-H functionalization of unprotected indoles David A. Vargas, Antonio Tinoco, Vikas Tyagi, and Rudi Fasan, Angew. Chem. Int. ad., 2018, 57, 9911-9915, (Impact Factor: 12.1).
2. Use of Protein Kinase–Focused Compound Libraries for the Discovery of New Inositol Phosphate Kinase Inhibitors, Ana C. Puhl-Rubio, Michael A. Stashko, Huanchen Wang, P. Brian Hardy, Vikas Tyagi, Bing Li, Xiaodong Wang, Dmitri Kireev, Henning J. Jessen, Stephen V. Frye, Stephen B. Shears and Kenneth H. Pearce, SLAS Discovery, 2018, 1-7, (Impact Factor: 2.4).
3. Highly diastereo- and enantioselective synthesis of trifluoromethyl-substituted cyclopropanes via myoglobin-catalyzed transfer of trifluoromethylcarbene, Antonio Tinoco, Viktoria Steck, Vikas Tyagi, and Rudi Fasan, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2017, 139, 5293-5296 (Impact Factor: 14.3).
4. Gram-scale synthesis of chiral cyclopropane-containing drugs using engineered myoglobin catalysts with complementary stereoselectivity, Priyanka Bajaj, Gopeekrishnan Sreenilayam, Vikas Tyagi and Rudi Fasan, Angew. Chem. Int. ed., 2016, 55, 16110-16114, (Impact Factor: 3.177), (Impact Factor: 12.1).
5. Biocatalytic synthesis of allylic and allenyl sulfides via a myoglobin-catalyzed Doyle-Kirmse reaction, Vikas Tyagi, Gopeekrishnan Sreenilayam, Priyanka Bajaj, Antonio Tinoco and Rudi Fasan, Angew. Chem. Int. ed., 2016, 55, 13562-13566 (Impact Factor: 12.1).
6. Chemoenzymatic synthesis and antileukemic activity of novel C9- and C14-functionalized parthenolide analogs, Vikas Tyagi, Hanan Alwaseem, Kristen M. O’Dwyer, Jessica Ponder, Qi Ying Li a, Craig T. Jordan, and Rudi Fasan, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 24, 3876–3886, (Impact Factor: 2.8).
7. Myoglobin-catalyzed olefination of aryl aldehydes, Vikas Tyagi, and Rudi Fasan, Angew. Chem. Int. ed., 2016, 55, 2512–2516, (highlighted in Synform), (Impact Factor: 12.1).
8. Intermolecular carbene S-H insertion catalysed by engineered myoglobin-based catalysts, Vikas Tyagi, Rachel B. Bonn, and Rudi Fasan, Chemical Science, 2015, 6, 2488-2494 (highlighted in Nature chemistry), (Impact Factor: 8.6).
9. Highly diastereo- and enantioselective olefin cyclopropanation via engineered myoglobin-based catalysts Melanie Bordeaux*, Vikas Tyagi*, and Rudi Fasan, Angew. Chem. Int. ed., 2015, 54, 1744-1748, (*authors have equal contribution) (highlighted as Journal cover page and in Synfacts) (Impact Factor: 12.1).
10. Diversity-oriented reconstruction of primitive diketopiperazine-fused tetrahydro-b carboline ring systems via Pictet–Spengler/Ugi-4CR/deprotection-cyclization reactions, Irfan Khan, Shahnawaz Khan, Vikas Tyagi, Pradeep Singh Chouhan and Prem M. S. Chauhan, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 10271, (Impact Factor: 3.8).
11. A natural product inspired hybrid approach towards the synthesis of novel pentamidines based scaffolds as potential anti-parasitic agents, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan, Rahul Shivahare, Khushboo Srivastava, Suman Gupta, Saqib Kidwai, Kumkum Srivastava, S. K. Puri and Prem M. S. Chauhana, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2013, 23, 291–296, (Impact Factor: 2.4).
12. Facile synthesis of diverse isoindolinone derivatives via Ugi-4CR followed by Cu-catalyzed deamidative C(sp2)–C(sp3) coupling, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Tetrahedron Letter, 2013, 54, 1279-1284, (Impact Factor: 2.5).
13. A simple and efficient microwave-assisted synthesis of substituted isoindolinone derivatives via ligand-free Pd-catalyzed tandem C-C/C-N coupling reaction, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Synlett, 2013, 24, 0645–0651, (Impact Factor: 2.3).
14. Ugi 4-CR with tandem deprotection, cyclization and Pictet-Spengler reaction: A concise route to N-fused polycyclic indolediketopiperazine alkaloid analogue, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan, and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Synlett, 2013, 24, 1291-1297, (Impact Factor: 2.3).
15. An expedient base mediated desulfitative dimethylamination, oxidation, and etherification of the 2-(methylthio)-1H-imidazole-5(4H)-one scaffolds using N, N-dimethylformamide and aliphatic alcohol,Shahnawaz Khan, Vikas Tyagi, Rohit Mahar, Vikas Bajpai, Brijesh Kumar and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Synthesis, 2013, 45, 2405-2412, (Impact Factor: 2.7).
16. Skeletal Diverse Synthesis of N-Fused Polycyclic Heterocycles via the Sequence of Ugi- type MCR and CuI Catalyzed Coupling/Tandem Pictet-Spengler Reaction, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan, Vikas Bajpai, Harsh M. Gauniyal, Brijesh Kumar and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2012, 77, 1414–1421, (Impact Factor: 4.8).
17. A ligand free Pd-catalyzed cascade reaction: An access to the highly diverse Isoquinolin-(2H)-one derivatives using isocyanide and Ugi-4CR synthesize amide precursors, Vikas Tyagi, Shahnawaz Khan, Archana Giri, Harsh M. Gauniyal, B. Sridhar and Prem M. S. Chauhan, Organic letter, 2012, 14, 3126-3139 (highlighted in Synfacts) (Impact Factor: 6.5).