Visiting Assistant Professor
Bidirectional dc-dc converter, charging of plug-in electric vehicle (PEV), and renewable energy sources.
Dr. Ankit Kumar Singh is working with Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2018. he has completed his PhD degree in Power Electronics from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, India in 2018.
- Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee) in Power Electronics
- M. Tech in Power System , NIT Hamirpur (H.P.) First class (9.31 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (UPTU, Lucknow) First class (73.32%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 4 years
- Feburary 2009 & July 2011: Lecturer, BBDNITM, Lucknow.
- July 2018 to till date : Assistant Professor, EIED, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy
- Switch-Mode Power Supply
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Renewable Energy application in EV charging
- High gain DC-DC converter for EV and DC-Microgrid Applications
- Wireless Power Transmission
- Multilevel DC-DC Converter
- Ankit Kumar Singh, Manoj Badoni and Yogesh Tatte: A Multifunctional Solar PV and Grid Based On-Board Converter for Electric Vehicles, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2020.2971971, 2020. [SCI Impact Factor 5.33].
- Ankit Kumar Singh, KA Chinmaya and Manoj Badoni: Solar PV and Grid Based Isolated Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicles, IET Power Electronics, vol. 12, no. 14, pp. 3707 - 3715, 2019. [SCI Impact Factor 3.11].
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: Single-Phase Bidirectional AC/DC Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicles With Reduced Conduction Losses, IET Power Electronics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 140–148, 2018. [SCI Impact Factor 3.11].
- Yogesh Tatte, Mohan Aware and Ankit Kumar Singh: The Performance Improvement of Direct Torque Controlled Five-Phase Induction Motor in Context of Common-Mode Voltage, Torque Ripple and Demagnetization under Low Speed Region, IET Power Electronics, DOI: 10.1049/iet-pel.2019.0855 . [SCI Impact Factor 3.11].
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: Single-Stage ZETA-SEPIC Based Multifunctional Integrated Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicles,” IET Electrical System in Transportation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 101–111, 2018. .
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: An Integrated Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicles with Reduced Sensor Requirement,” IET Electrical System in Transportation vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 75–85, 2019. .
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: A Multifunctional Single-Stage Power Electronic Interface for Plug-in Electric Vehicles Application, Electrical Power components and Systems, vol. 46,no. 2, pp. 135–148, 2018. . [SCI Impact Factor .899].
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: An Efficient Single-Stage Based Power Electronic Interface for Plug-in Electric Vehicles, IETE Technical Review, DOI: 10.1080/02564602.2019.1584055(2019). . [SCI Impact Factor 1.33].
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak: An Improved Two-Stage Non-Isolated Converter for On-Board Plug-in Hybrid EV Battery Charger. Int. Conf. on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPEICES), DTU Delhi, 2016. pp. 1–6.
- Ankit Kumar Singh, M.K. Pathak, Rao, Y.S.: A New Two-Stage Converter with Reduction of DC-Link Capacitor for Plug-in Electric Vehicle Battery Charger. Int. Conf. on Computational Intelligence Communication Technology (CICT), 2017, ABES, Ghaziabad, pp. 1–6.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Siliver Medal in M.Tech (Power System)
Message to Students & Community
There is no secret ingredient it is just you.