Mechanical Engineering Department
- PhD (2015) Mechanical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, Punjab, India Thesis: Mechanical characterization of Collagen at small length scales using Computational and Experimental methods
- M.E. (2009) Applied Mechanics Department, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi, India Thesis: Study of the behaviour of the bolted pipe flange joints under creep using Finite Element methods and Analytical methods
- B.E. (2005) Mechanical Engineering Department, Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) Bhaddal, Punjab, India
- June, 2016 - Present: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India
- August, 2015 - May, 2016: Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Chandigarh University, Punjab, India (10 months)
- July, 2010 - June, 2015: Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, Punjab, India (5 years)
- July, 2009 - May, 2010: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India (11 months)
- August, 2005 - July, 2007: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) Bhaddal, Punjab, India (2 years)
- Mechanics of Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Machine Design
- Mechanical Vibration
- Fracture Mechanics
- Mechanics and Elasticity of Nanostructures (i.e. Protein Molecules, Metals, Nano-composites, etc.) using Computational and Experimental methods like Atomistic modelling, Nano-indentation, AFM, etc.
- Design, Analysis and Optimization of Engineering Structures
- Biomechanics; Biological and Bio material characterization; Biomedical Engineering, Instrumentation and Bio-implants
- Finite Element modelling (FEM); Multi-scale modelling
- Saini, K. and Kumar, N., “Torsional deformation behavior of cracked gold nano-wires”, Acta Mechanica, (2014) 225 (3) 687-700.
- Saini, K. and Kumar, N., “Effect of surface crack and its size on mechanical characteristics of Gold nano-wires”, Procedia Material Science, 2014 (6) 161–170.
- Saini, K. and Kumar, N., “Mechanical Response of Collagen Molecule under Hydro-static Compression”, Material Science and Engineering C, 2015 (49) 720–726.
- Brown P.S., Talbot E.L., Wood T.J., Egan M.J., Wu J.J., Saini K., Kumar N., Bain C.D., Badyal J.P.S. “Controlling pico-litre droplet impact dynamics by tailoring the solid subsurface”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Volume 481, 215-221 (2015).
- Badhyal S., Saini K., Dhiman V., Kumar A., Bhadada S. K., Kumar, N., “Pilot study for evaluating the micromechanical properties of bone in Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) and Osteoporosis patients”, 9th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ISMBR), 7th -8th Sep., 2013, Sher e Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS), Jammu & Kashmir, India.
- Saini K. and Kumar N., “Structural changes in Collagen protein molecules under high hydrostatic pressures”, Mechanical Manipulations (MM-2013) 15th-26th April, 2013, National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Bangalore, India.
- Saini K. and Kumar N., “Intrinsic compressibility and volume compression in Collagen proteins by Molecular Dynamics Simulation at high pressures”, International Conference on Design of Biomaterials (BIND), 09-11 December, 2012, IISc Bangalore, Bangalore, India.
- Saini, K. and Kumar N., “Effect of crack length on torsional mechanical characteristics of Gold nano-wires”, NMC 2012 – 9th International Workshop on Nano-mechanical Sensing, 6th -8th June, 2012, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India.
- Saini K. and Kumar N. and Singh S. “Torsional characteristics of defected Gold nano-wire”, Research Scholar’s Day at IIT Ropar, 2nd Feb., 2012, Punjab, India.
- Saini K. and Kumar N., “Effect of axial relaxation on the torsional behavior of cracked nano-wires”, Fourth International Conference on Structural Stability and Dynamics (ICSSD-2012), 4th-6th January, 2012, Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur, India.
- Saini K. and Kumar N., “Mechanical characteristics of cracked gold nano-Wires under torsional loading”, Materials Science & Technology 2011, Conference & Exhibition, 2011, 16th-20th Oct., 2011, Columbus, Ohio, United States
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Research Fellowship by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi for pursuing Ph.D. at IIT Ropar, Punjab (July, 2010 – June, 2014 for Ph.D.)
- International Travel Award by Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi for presentation at International Conference on Bio-Tribology (ICoBT-14)