Theoretical Computer Science and Software Testing
Contact No.: 09417192867
Dr. Ajay Kumar is an assistant professor at the computer science and engineering department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India. He obtained his PhD degree in Theoretical Computer Science from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and M.Tech. from Kurukshetra University in 2013 and 2004 respectively. He has thirteen years of teaching experience in the area of Theory of Computation, Software Testing and Programming Languages. His research interest focuses on theoretical computer science, quantum computing and software testing.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies:
Life time membership of CSI
Publications and other Research Outputs:
SCI : 07 Non-SCI : 05
Recent SCI publications
- N. Kalra, A. Kumar, Fuzzy state grammar and fuzzy deep pushdown automaton, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems (Impact Factor 1.82), vol. 31(1), 249-258, 2016.
- N. Kalra, A. Kumar, State Grammar and Deep Pushdown Automata for Biological Sequences of Nucleic Acids, Current Bioinformatics (Impact Factor 1.00), 11(5), 2016.
- A. Kumar, A. K. Verma, An improved algorithm for the metamorphosis of semi-extended regular expressions to deterministic finite automata, The Computer Journal (Impact factor 1.02), 58(3), 448-456, 2015.
- A. Kumar, A. K. Verma, A Novel Algorithm for the Conversion of Parallel Regular Expressions to Non-deterministic Finite automata, Applied mathematics & Information Science(Impact factor 1.232), 8(1), 95-104, 2014.
Awards and Honours:
- NET, GATE Qualified
- Gold Medalist in M. Tech. Computer
Description of Research Interests:
Dr. Kumar is currently working in the area of regulated grammar and its application in bioinformatics. In addition, he is working in the area of model design of quantum automata.