MANETs, WSN, Complex Networks
- PhD I.I.T. Kanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pardesh. India (July 2011 – June 2015) (CPI 7.0)
- M.Tech Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab. India (December- 2008) (70.05%)
- B.Tech Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab. India (June- 2001 )(70.25%)
- 10+2 Govt. model senior secondary school, Sector 20, Chandigarh. India (March - 1997)(75%)
- Matric Govt. model high school, Sector 28D, Chandigarh. India (March- 1995)(70.8%)
- Working as Visiting Assistant Prof.Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab. India.(July 2015 onwards)
- Worked as Assistant Prof. Chitkara University, Rajpura, Punjab. India.(July 2008 – June 2011)
- Worked as Senior Lecturer R.I.M.T. Engg College, MandiGobindgarh, Punjab. India.(July 2004 – June 2008)
- Worked as Lecturer A.I.E.T., Faridkot, Punjab. India.(Oct 2001 – June 2004)
PhD Thesis Title
- Address Auto-Configuration Protocols and their message complexity in Mobile Adhoc Networks Abstract: My research work focusses on designing of Address auto-configuration protocols (AAPs) in mobile adhoc networks. The main job of AAP is to configure each node uniquely with minimum latency and minimum message overhead. Moreover, nodes are free to move randomly in MANETs, that results in frequent network mergers as well as splits. So, the AAP also needs to maintain the address uniqueness of each node, during the network mergers and when the network splits. My research also focusses on minimizing the message overhead required by a new node to perform autoconfiguration process as well as to minimize the partitioning and merger overhead. Apart from message overhead the other objective is to reduce the latency time required for address allocation procedure.
- Amit Munjal and Yatindra Nath Singh, An improved auto-configuration protocol variation by improvising MANETconf, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecom-munications Systems (ANTS) 2014, New Delhi, 14-17, Dec 2014.
- Amit Munjal and Yatindra Nath Singh, Message Complexity Analysis of Address AutoCon-figuration Protocols in MANETs, in IEEE TENCON 2014, Bangkok, Thailand, 22-25 Oct 2014.
- Amit Munjal, Yatindra Nath Singh, AKrishna Phaneendra and A. Roy IPv4 based Hierarchical Distributive Auto-Configuration Protocol for MANETs, in IEEE TENCON 2014, Bangkok, Thailand, 22-25 Oct 2014.
- Amit Munjal, Yatindra Nath Singh, AKrishna Phaneendra and A. Roy Scalable Hierarchical Distributive Auto-Configuration Protocol for MANETs, International Conference on Signal-Image Technology and Internet-Based Systems (SITIS), Kyoto, Japan 2013, pp. 699-705, doi:10.1109/SITIS.2013.114, 2-5 Dec 2013.
- Amit Munjal, T.L.Singal Improvement in Performance of MC-CDMA System using Itera-tive LDPC Code in International Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON-2011), July 18-20, 2011.
- Amit Munjal Acoustic ECHO Cancellation using LMS in International Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON-2009), October 23-24, 2009.
- Amit Munjal and Gurpal Singh,”Comparison of Adaptive Algorithms for Acoustic Echo Can-cellation” in International Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WECON-2008), 18-19 Oct, 2008.
- Amit Munjal, Rajiv Tripathi and Yatindra Nath Singh, Balancing Energy Consumption Us-ing Cluster Based Approach in Wireless Sensor Network, Twentieth National Conference on Communications (NCC-2014), IIT Kanpur, 28 Feb-02 Mar 2014.
- Amit Munjal, Anurag Singh, Yatindra Nath Singh, Using Complex Network in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. ICEIT Conference on Advances in Mobile Communications, Networking and Computing, New Delhi, 27-28 Sept 2013.
- Amit Munjal, Vibha Aggarwal, Gurpal Singh, RLS Algorithm for Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Proc. of 2nd National Conference on Challenges & Opportunities in Information Technology (COIT-2008), RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh. March 29, 2008.
- Amit Munjal and Monica Mehra,”Overview of Adhoc Networks”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Wireless Communication and E-security (WCES-2007), 11-12 Jan, 2007.
- Monica Mehra, Amit Munjal Free Space Optics, Proc. of National Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics and Communication Technologies (RAECT-2006), GNDEC Ludhiana, November 9-10, 2006.
- Amit Munjal, Gurpal Singh Load Balancing in WLANs Proc. of National Conference on Wireless Networks & Embedded Systems (WNES 2006) on July 28, 2006.
International Journal Papers
- Amit Munjal and Yatindra Nath Singh, Review of stateful autoconfiguration protocols, Journal of Adhoc networks, Elseiver.
Short term courses attended
- ”School of Advanced Algorithms” at IIIT Jabalpur June 11-14, 2013.
- ”Workshop on MSP430” at Chitkara University, Punjab 20-21 Jan, 2011
- ”Workshop on Mobile Robotics” at Chitkara University, Punjab 3-7 Jan, 2011
- ”Applications of Lab View in Engg.” at B.B.S.B.E.C. Fatehgarh Sahib July 21-23, 2010.
- ”FDP on Analog System Design.” at Texas Instruments, Bangalore Nov 15-19, 2010.
- ”Wireless Sensor Networks” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Sept 20-24, 2010.
- ”Mobile Computing and Wireless Networks” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Jan 05-16, 2009.
- ”Mobile Computing” at NITTTR, Chandigarh July 24-28, 2006.
- ”Digital System Design” at NITTTR, Chandigarh May 08-12, 2006.
- ”Smart Antenna” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Dec 19-23, 2005.
- ”Process control using microcontrollers” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Apr 04-08, 2005.
- ”Multimedia Technology” at NITTTR, Chandigarh June 07-18, 2004.
- ”Industrial Automation using PLCs” at NITTTR, Chandigarh May 24-28, 2004.
- ”Modern Communication Systems” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Dec 01-05, 2003.
- ”VLSI Design” at NITTTR, Chandigarh Sept 08-12, 2003.
- ”Optical Fiber Technology and Applications” at GNDEC Ludhiana Dec 09-21, 2002.
Conferences and Courses organized
- Organized a two-day workshop on Low Power Embedded Systems using MSP430 on Jan-uary 20-21, 2011 with resource persons: Dr. C.P Ravikumar, Technical Director, University Relations, Texas Instruments, Bangalore and Mr. Sultan Mohiyuddin, Cranes Software Inter-national Ltd, Bangalore
- Organised an International Conference on Wireless Networks and Embedded Systems (WE-CON 2011) Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chitkara University Punjab, Rajpura District: Patiala-140 401, India
- Semiconductor Complex Limited, Mohali — At VLSI : WAFER FAB department( six months)
- Programming and Scripting Languages: C, C++
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Tools: Latex, Adobe Photoshop
- ”To extract various MOS transistor parameters for Reliability test of C1h (1.3 micron CMOS technology) process”
- Project Details: To study various MOS parameters and to write program in basic language to extract those parameters for their reliability test.
Intercom cum Security System
- Project Details: Inter communication with in Four-Five hundred meters using master slave config-uration.