Associate Professor and Head
Bioinorganic Chemistry, Heterogeneous Catalysis, Biofuels, Diesel fuel additives from Vegetable Oils and Glycerol Transformation
12 (As on July, 2017)
Bioinorganic Chemistry, Heterogeneous catalysis, Biofuels, Diesel fuel additives from vegetable oils and glycerol transformation
Coordination chemistry, Basic inorganic chemistry, Bioinorganic chemistry, Organometallics and Catalysis
Education and Training:
- 2005-2006: Post Doctoral Fellow, Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd.
- 2000-2005: Ph.D.; Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- 1998-2000: M.Sc.(Chemistry); Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (formerly Univ. of Roorkee).
- 1995-1998: B.Sc.; K. L. D. A. V. Degree College Roorkee.
Associate Professor (July 2013 – Present)
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
Assistant Professor (July 2006 – June 2013)
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
CSIR-JRF/SRF (July 2001-July 2005)
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
NET-JRF Qualified and GATE qualified (93.6 percentile)
- IASc-INSA-NASI Summer Research Fellowship -2009
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), SCBC, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology:
- PCY102 Inorganic Chemistry
- PCY202 Coordination Chemistry
- PCY303 Polymer Chemistry
- PCY402 Special Topics in Chemistry (Bioinorganic and Solid State Chemistry)
- PCY305 Inorganic Synthesis lab
- B.E./B.Tech., Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology:
- UCB 008: Applied Chemistry: Lecture, Tutorials & Practicals
Prof. Cheol Sang Kim, “Preparation of hybrid nanostructures for the energy conversion and renewable energy systems using chemical and photochemical techniques”, Bionanosystem Lab, Department of Bionanosystem Engineering, Graduate School, Chonbuk National University, Republic of Korea
Life Member of Chemical Research Society of India (membership no: 1122)
- Head, school of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Warden, Hostel H, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Student counselor, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Member, Project implementation group DST-FIST scheme awarded to School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Visiting consultant- State program management cell (department of water supply and sanitation), Punjab
- Involved in the establishment of the World band and Govt. of India funded water testing laboratory in Punjab.
- Organized, National Science Day Celebration on 20th February, 2016
- Organized, National Science Day Celebration on 28th February, 2015
- Organized one day workshop on “Basics and Applications in catalysis” held on 24th February 2014.
- Organized “National Conference on Innovative Molecules for Sustainable Future NCIMSF-2013” held during 24-26 October, 2013.
- Organized one day workshop on “Basics and Applications of Instrumentation Techniques in Chemistry” held on 18th February 2013.
- Organizing committee member of “National Symposium on Green Chemistry: Applications in Science & Technology” held during 5-6 Feb., 2009.
Ph.D. thesis ongoing:
||Active metal supported mesoporous materials as solid catalysts for transesterification of triglycerides
||Synthesis of heterogeneous catalysts for the transformation of glycerol.
||Mukesh Chand Agarwal*
||Modulating Protein Stability and Dynamics by denaturants and antimicrobial preservatives
||Mixed metal oxide as catalysts for acetin synthesis from glycerol
||Magnetic particle supported heterogeneous catalysts for the
transesterification of triglycerides
||Heteropolyacids based heterogeneous catalysts for the transesterification of triglycerides.
* Co-supervisor Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Central Univ. Bhatinda
Ph.D. Thesis Completed:
||Studies on cetane number and lubricity of additives from vegetable oils
||Completed Nov, 2011
||Heterogeneous catalysis for biodiesel production from triglycerides
||Completed, Jan, 2014
||Lipase catalyzed transesterification reactions of triglycerides
||Completed, June, 2014
||Agricultural based low cost adsorbents for the removal of metal ions from aqueous solutions
||Preparation and characterization of mixed metal oxides for transesterification of triglycerides
||Competed, Sept, 2014
||Calcium and zirconium oxide based solid catalysts for the transesterification of low quality triglycerides
||Completed, Aug, 2015
||Computational analysis of transcriptome and prediction of transcript using RNA-Seq data of Mus Sp.
||Completed, April, 2016
* Co-supervisor Dr. Satnam Singh,
M.Sc. dissertations completed:
||Title of projects
||Year of completion
||Transesterification of Triglyceride Using Potassium Impregnated Mg/Al Hydrotalcite!
||Synthesis and Characterization of SO42- Loaded Mixed Oxides Heterogeneous Catalyst: Application in Bio-lubricants
||Ni Impregnated Zn/Cao As Heterogeneous Catalyst For Triglyceride Transesterification And Kinetic Modelling*
||Li-Zr/CaO USED AS A HETEROGENEOUS CATALYST IN BIODIESEL PRODUCTION AND IN HIGH PRESSURE REACTOR#
||Synthesis of Different Morphological Nanostructures of Titanium Dioxide and to study their Photocatalytic Applications@
||Nickel impregnated calcium oxide as a heterogeneous catalyst for biodiesel production from cottonseed oil
||Preparation of heterogeneous catalyst for the transesterification of waste cotton seed oil
||Activity of the immobilized Candida rugosa lipase
||Hydrolytic activity of physically adsorbed lipase on SBA-15
||Mandeep Kaur Chahal
||Preparation and characterization of pure and hybrid MCM-41 & MCM-48
||Triacetin synthesis using homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts
||Lithium supported magnesium oxide as a heterogeneous catalyst for biodiesel production from mutton fat
||Preparation of zinc oxide supported heterogenous catalyst for the transesterification of cotton seed oil
||Effect of Na+ and K+ on Lipase Catalyzed Hydrolysis of Ester
||Active site of lipase from XRD and SiteEngine: A Comparison
||Lipase catalyst from Pseudomonas sp. for the transesterification of vegetable oil
||Effect of metal ions and organic molecules on lipase catalyzed hydrolysis of p-nitrophenyllaurate: a triglyceride mimic
||Biodiesel production using alkali metal doped heterogeneous catalyst and lipase enzyme from Pseudomonas sp.
Co supervisors: * Dr Rajkumar Gupta/Chemical Engg; # Dr H. Bhunia Chemical Engg; @ Dr. B Pal;
! Dr. Soumen Basu
Ongoing/completed sponsored/consultancy projects:
||Title of Project
||Amount (Rs./ Lakhs)
||Smart GlucoBinder: Design and Synthesis of Small Glucose Binder Molecule using Computational Intelligence Approach (Sanction Letter No. ECR/2016/001231; Co-Investigator)
||Mixed metal oxides as heterogeneous catalysts for the triacetin synthesis (Sanction letter No. EMR/2014/000090).
||Alkali metal supported transition metal oxides as solid catalyst for the transesterification of jatropha and karanja oils
||Zirconia supported solid catalyst for simultaneous transesterification and esterification of high free fatty acid containing triglycerides
||2011-14 (3 yr) (Completed)
||Biodiesel preparation from low quality feed stock using immobilized biocatalyst
||2009-10 (1 yr) (Completed)
||Synthesis and evaluation of multifunctional diesel fuel additives from vegetable oils
||2007-2010 (3 yr) (Completed)
||Heterogeneous catalysts for biodiesel production (Co-Investigator)
||2009-12 (3 yr)
||Biodiesel generation through whole cell and enzyme catalyzed transesterification (Co-Investigator)
||2007-08 (1yr) (Completed)
||Bio Diesel synthesis from Jatropha and waste cooking oil under conventional heating and ultrasonic wave conditions using heterogeneous catalyst methods
||Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
||2007-08 ( 1 yr) (Completed)
||Consultancy: Water sample analysis from “Punjab water supply and sewerage subdivision, Nangal”
||Punjab water supply and sewerage board
||Testing of quality and accuracy of field test kits
||Department of water supply and sanitation, CCDU, Punjab
Research papers REVIEWED
- Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society)
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (American Chemical Society)
- Fuel (Elsevier)
- Energy Conversion and Management (Elsevier)
- Energy Sources, Part A (Taylor and Francis)
- Fuel Processing Technology (Elsevier)
- Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Green Energy
- RSC Advances
- Environment Progress and Sustainable Energy (John Wiley & Sons)
Research Board Member: Delhi Technological University, Delhi
External examiner, for several institutes viz., Shri Guru Garanth Sahib World University, Mahrishi Markandeshvar University, Panjabi University, etc.,
- Amjad Ali “Biodiesel: A greener and sustainable alternate to the conventional diesel fuel (Editorial)” Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment, 2013, 17 (1), 1-2. (IF 0.62)
INDIAN PATENTS FILED
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali, A solid catalyst for biodiesel production and a process for its preparation. (Patent Application No: 2358/DEL/2012)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, A solid catalyst composition and process for its preparation (Patent Application No: 3358/DEL/2013)
PEER REVIEWED/SCI publications
- Ashutosh Singh, Amjad Ali, Jogendra Behera, Shih-Sheng Sun, Vadapalli Chandrasekhar, Ranjay K.D. Tiwari, Thermally Induced 1D to 2D Polymer Conversion Accompanied by Major Packing Changes in a Single-Crystal-to-Single-Crystal Transformation. CrystEngComm 2018, 20, 2346. (IF 3.30)
- Mandeep Kaur, Rashi Malhotra, Amjad Ali, Tungsten Supported Ti/SiO2 Nanoflowers as Reusable Heterogeneous Catalyst for Biodiesel Production Renew. Energy 2018, 116, 109. (IF 4.90)
- Rashi Malhotra, Amjad Ali, Lithium-doped ceria supported SBA−15 as mesoporous solid reusable and heterogeneous catalyst for biodiesel production via simultaneous esterification and transesterification of waste cottonseed oil. Renew. Energy 2018, 119, 32. (IF 4.90)
- Navneet Kaur, Ranjana Prakash and Amjad Ali, 1H NMR assisted quantification of glycerol carbonate in the mixture of glycerol and glycerol carbonate. Talanta, 2018, 178, 1001. (IF 4.24)
- Navneet Kaur, Ranjana Prakash and Amjad Ali, 1H NMR assisted quantification of glycerol carbonate in the mixture of glycerol and glycerol carbonate” Talanta, 2017, Accepted for the publication (IF 4.16)
- Manpreet Kaur Aulakh, Nishi Arora, Ashish Kumar, Amjad Ali and Bonamali Pal, “Effect of Different Shapes of TiO2 Nanoparticles on the Catalytic Photodegradation of Salicylic Acid under UV Light,J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2017, 17, 5303–5309 (IF 1.338)
- Dinesh Kumar, KM Abida and Amjad Ali, “Aminolysis of triglycerides using nanocrystalline nickel doped CaO as an efficient solid catalyst”,RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 66822-32.(IF 3.7)
- Dinesh Kumar, Soo Min Kim and Amjad Ali, “Solvent-free one step aminolysis and alcoholysis of low-quality triglycerides using sodium modified CaO nanoparticles as solid catalyst” RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 55800-08. (IF 3.7)
- Dinesh Kumar, Hyeon Kuk and Amjad Ali “One-pot solvent-free synthesis of fatty acid alkanoamides from natural oil triglycerides using alkali metal doped CaO nanoparticles as heterogeneous catalyst” J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 2016, 38, 43-49. (IF 3.5)
- Dinesh Kumar, and Amjad Ali, “Direct synthesis of fatty acid alkanolamides and fatty acid alkyl esters from high free fatty acid containing triglycerides as lubricity improvers using heterogeneous catalyst” Fuel, 2015, 159, 845–853. (IF 3.5)
- Dinesh Kumar, Soo Min Kim and Amjad Ali, “One step synthesis of fatty acid diethanolamides and methyl esters from triglycerides using sodium doped calcium hydroxide as a nanocrystalline heterogeneous catalyst” New J. Chem., 2015, 39, 7097-104 (IF 3.01)
- Ahmad Firoz, Adeel Malik, Sanjay Kumar Singh, Vivekanand Jha, and Amjad Ali, “Identification of hub glycogenes and their nsSNP analysis from mouse RNA-Seq data” Gene, 2015, 574,235–246 (IF 2.13)
- Vishal Mutrej, Satnam Singh, Tajbir Kaur Minhas and Amjad Ali, “Nanocrystalline potassium impregnated SiO2 as heterogeneous catalysts for the transesterification of karanja and jatropha oil” RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 46890-96. (IF 3.7)
- Madhu Katiyar and Amjad Ali, “One-Pot Lipase Entrapment Within Silica Particles to Prepare a Stable and Reusable Biocatalyst for Transesterification” J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 2015, 92, 623–632 (IF 1.7)
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali “An Efficient and Reusable Li/NiO Heterogeneous Catalyst for Ethanolysis of Waste Cottonseed oil” Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 2015, 117, 550-560. (IF 2.033)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Preparation and application of Ce/ZrO2â€’TiO2/SO42- as solid catalyst for the esterification of fatty acids” Renew. Energy, 2015, 81, 421-431. (IF 3.361)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Biodiesel production via ethanolysis of jatropha oil using molybdenum impregnated calcium oxide as solid catalyst”, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 13285-95 (IF 3.7)
- Joginder Singh, Vinit Prakash and Amjad Ali, “Desalination of Cd2+ and Pb2+ from paint industrial wastewater by Aspergillus niger decomposed Citrus limetta peel powder”
Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2015, 8, 2523-2532 (IF 2.344)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Lithium zirconate as solid catalyst for simultaneous esterification and transesterification of low quality triglycerides” Appl. Catal. A Gen., 2015, 289, 193-202. (IF 3.674)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “One-pot transesterification and esterification of waste cooking oil via ethanolysis using Sr:Zr mixed oxide as solid catalyst” RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 43671-81. (IF 3.708)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Kinetics and reusability of Zr/CaO as heterogeneous catalyst for the ethanolysis and methanolysis of Jatropha crucas oil” Fuel Process. Technol., 2014, 119, 173–184. (IF 2.81)
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali “Potassium fluoride impregnated CaO/NiO: An efficient heterogeneous catalyst for transesterification of waste cottonseed oil” Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 2014, 116, 80–88 (IF 2.26)
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali “Ethanolysis of waste cottonseed oil over lithium impregnated calcium oxide: Kinetics and reusability studies” Renew. Energy,2014, 63, 272-279 (IF 2.98)
- Joginder Singh, Vinit Prakash and Amjad Ali “Removal of lead (II) from synthetic and batteries waste water using agricultural residues in batch/column mode” Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2014, 11, 1759–70. (IF 2.344)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali,“Potassium ion impregnated calcium oxide as nanocrystalline solid catalyst for the biodiesel production from waste cotton seed oil”, Energ. Source. Part A, 2014,36, 1093–1102. (IF 0.31)
- Amjad Ali, Priyanka and Dinesh Kumar, “Sodium impregnated zinc oxide as a solid catalyst for biodiesel preparation from a variety of triglycerides”, Energ. Source. Part A, 2014, 36 (18), 1999-2008. (IF 0.31)
- Vishal Mutreja, Satnam Singh and Amjad Ali, “Potassium impregnated nanocrystalline mixed oxides of La and Mg as heterogeneous catalysts for transesterification” Renew. Energy, 2014, 62, 226-233. (IF 2.98)
- Ahmad Firoz, Adeel Malik, Sanjay Kumar Singh Vivekanand Jha and Amjad Ali, “Comparative Analysis of Glycogene Expression in Different Mouse Tissues Using RNA-Seq Data” Int. J. of Genomics, 2014, Article ID 837365, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/837365 (IF 1.83)
- Madhu Katiyar and Amjad Ali, “Effect of metal ions on the hydrolytic and transesterification activities of Candida rugosa lipase” J. Oleo Science, 2013, 62 (11), 919-924. (IF 1.20)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, “Transesterification of low quality triglycerides over Zn/CaO heterogeneous catalyst: kinetics and reusability studies” EnergyFuels, 2013, 27, 3758-3768 (IF 2.72)
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Lithium Ions Supported Magnesium Oxide as Nano-Sized Solid Catalyst for Biodiesel Preparation from Mutton Fat” Energ. Source. Part A, 2013, 35(2), 184-192.(IF 0.31)
- Rajvinder Kaur, Joginder Singh, Rajshree Khare, Swaranjit Singh Cameotra, Amjad Ali, “Batch sorption dynamics, kinetics and equilibrium studies of Cr(VI), Ni(II) and Cu(II) from aqueous phase using agricultural residues” Appl. water sci., 2013, 3, 207–218
- Joginder Singh, Renu Sharma, Amjad Ali, “Application of Acacia karroo Charcoal for Desalinating Ni (II) and Zn (II) from Aqueous Solutions in Batch Mode” J. Water Reuse Desal., 2013, 3 (3), 268–276
- Joginder Singh, Amjad Ali and Raman Kumar,“Removal of Ni2+, Cu2+ and Zn2+ Using Different Agricultural Residues:Kinetics, Isotherm modeling and Mechanism via Chemical blocking” Asian J. Chem., 2013, 25 (11), 6377-86 (IF 0.19)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, “Nanocrystalline K-CaO for the Transesterification of a Variety of Feedstocks: Structure, Kinetics and Catalytic Properties” Biomass Bioenerg., 2012, 46, 459-468 (IF 3.80)
- Vishal Mutreja, Satnam Singh and Amjad Ali, “Sodium aluminate as catalyst for transesterification of waste mutton fat” J. Oleo Science, 2012, 61(11), 665-669. (IF 1.09)
- Madhu Katiyar and Amjad Ali, “Immobilization of Candida rugosa lipase on MCM-41 for the transesterification of cotton seed oil” J. Oleo Science, 2012, 61(9),469-475. (IF 1.09)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, “Ti/SiO2 as a Nanosized Solid Catalyst for the Epoxidation of Fatty Acid Methyl Esters and Triglycerides”, EnergyFuels, 2012, 26, 2953−2961 (IF 2.72)
- Joginder Singh and Amjad Ali, “Kinetics, Thermodynamics and Breakthrough Studies of Biosorption of Cr (VI) using Arachis hypogeal Shell Powder” Res. J. Chem. Environ., 2012,16 (1), 69-79.(IF 0.62)
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Lithium ion impregnated calcium oxide as nano catalyst for the biodiesel production from karanja and jatropha oil”, Renew. Energy, 2011, 36, 2866-2871.(IF 2.98)
- Vishal, Satnam Singh and Amjad Ali, “Biodiesel from mutton fat using KOH impregnated MgO as heterogeneous catalysts”, Renew. Energy, 2011, 36, 2253-2258,(IF 2.98)
- Amjad Ali, Mandeep Kaur and Upasna Mehra, “Use of immobilized Pseudomonas sp. as whole cell catalyst for the transesterification of used cotton seed oil”, J. Oleo Science, 2011, 60, (1) 7-10
- Mistu Dey, Amjad Ali, Amitabha Acharya and Chebrolu P Rao, “1,3-Di-petido-conjugates of calixarene and its di-OCH3 derivatives: Synthesis, characterization and phosphate recognition” Ind. J. Chem., 2010, 49B, 1098-1108. (IF 0.648)
- Chandni Mathur, Ranjana Prakash, Amjad Ali, “Jasminder Kaur, S. Singh Cameotra, and N. Tejo Prakash,“Emulsification and hydrolysis of oil by a soilborne fungus, Syncephalastrum racemosum”, Defence Sci. J., 2010, 60 (3), 251-254. (IF 0.22)
- Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, “Nanocrystalline lithium ion impregnated calcium oxide as heterogeneous catalyst for transesterification of high moisture containing cotton seed oil”, EnergyFuels, 2010, 24 (3) 2091-2097. (IF 2.72)
- Amjad Ali, Roymon Joseph, Bernard Mahieu and Chebrolu P. Rao,“Synthesis and characterization of a (1+1) cyclic Schiff base of a lower rim 1,3-diderivative of p-tert-butylcalixarene and its complexes of VO2+, UO22+, Fe3+, Ni2+, Cu2+ and Zn2+”, Polyhedron,2010, 29, 1035–1040. (IF 1.80)
- Amjad Ali, Chebrolu P. Rao and Philippe Guionneau, “Influence of alkali and alkaline earth ions on the O-alkylation of the lower rim phenolic-OH groups of p-tert-butyl-calixarene to result in amide-pendants: Template action of K+ and the structure of K+ bound tetra-amide derivative crystallized with a p-tert-butylcalixarene anion”, J. Chem. Sci., 2008, 120 (2), 237–247. (IF 1.12)
- Roymon Joseph, Ankur Gupta, Amjad Ali, and Chebrolu P. Rao, “Fluorescence and absorption studies on the selective recognition of iodide by lower rim 1,3-bis(aminoethoxy)-p-t-butyl-calixarene derivative”, Ind. J. Chem., 2007, 46A, 1095-1100. (IF 0.787)
- Amjad Ali, Sunita Salunke-Gawali, Chebrolu P. Rao and Jorge Linares, “Mono- and di-nuclear Cu(II) complexes of p-tert-butyl-calixarene-1,3-diacid derivative: A comparative study of their characterization and catecholase mimetic activity”, Ind. J. Chem., 2006, 44A, 853-857 (IF 0.787)
- Amjad Ali, Swaran J.S. Flora, Geetu Saxena, Erkki Kolehmainen, Bernard Mahieu and Chebrolu P. Rao, “Synthesis and characterization of Sn(IV) complexes of lower rim 1,3-diacid derivative of calixarene and their protective effects on tissue oxidative stress and essential metal concentration in lead exposed male Wistar rats”, J. Inorg. Biochem., 2006,100, 206-213. (IF 3.13)
- Ajeet Kumar, Amjad Ali, and Chebrolu P. Rao, “Photo-physical behavior as chemosensor properties of anthracene-anchored 1,3-di-derivatives of lower rim calixarene towards divalent transition metal ions”, J.Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 2006, 177, 164–169. (IF 2.36)
- Amjad Ali and C. P. Rao, “Formation of mono- and di-amide-calixarene derivatives from the reaction of p-t-butyl-calixarene and α-chloro-N,N-diethylacetamide in the presence of sodium hydride” , Ind. J. Chem., 2005, 44B, 549-552. (IF 0.648)
- Amjad Ali, S. Salunke-Gawali, Chebrolu P. Rao and Jorge Linares, “A First report of the complexes of 5, 11, 17, 23-tetra-tert-butyl-25, 27-diethoxycarboxymethoxy-26,28-dihydroxycalixarene with Mn(II), Fe(III), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II)” , Inorg. Chem. Commun., 2004, 12, 1298-1301.
- A. K. Sah, Amjad Ali, E. K. Wegelius, K. Rissanen and C. P. Rao, “A soluble complex of Zn(II) with N2O4 core: A structural study” , Ind. J. Chem. 2003, 42A, 1888-91. (IF 0.787)
Publications in Conference Proceedings
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Methanolysis of JatrophaOil Employing Mg-Zr/CaO as Heterogeneous Catalyst, Exploring Basic and Applied Sciences for Next Generation Frontiers” (EBAS 2014) on 14-15th November 2014, 180-184. ISBN-978-93-5107-313-0, Elsevier.
- Navjot Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Sodium Impregnated Zirconia as a Solid Base Catalyst for the Transesterification of Waste Cotton Seed Oil” Exploring Basic and Applied Sciences for Next Generation Frontiers” (EBAS 2014) on 14-15th November 2014, 185-188.ISBN-978-93-5107-313-0, Elsevier.
- Mandeep Kaur and Amjad Ali, “Molybdenum impregnated nano silica used as heterogeneous catalyst for biodiesel production” International conference on Bioenergy, Environment & Sustainable Technologies (BEST-2013) (ISBN 978-81-926424-0-6).
- Mandeep Kaur, Dinesh Kumar and Amjad Ali, “Physicochemical properties of the biodiesel prepared from jatropha and used cottonseed oils in the presence of Li/CaO solid catalyst” proceedings of conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering, Macmillan Publishers India Ltd., 315-323, 2011.
- Amjad Ali, Dinesh Kumar, Vishal Mutreja, Vinod Sharma and Satnam Singh, “Biodiesel Preparation from used Cottonseed Oil Using Alkali Metal Ion Doped Calcium Oxide as Heterogeneous Catalyst” , proceedings of conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering, Macmillan Publishers India Ltd., 359-365, 2009.
Invited Talk/Outreach Activity
- Amjad Ali, Heterogeneous catalysts for the chemical transformation of triglycerides and glycerol, Expert lecture, March 10 2017, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun.
- Amjad Ali, Mixed metal oxides as heterogeneous catalysts for the chemical transformation of triglycerides and glycerol, February 24-25, 2017, Professor Ram Chand Paul National Symposium on Current Advances in Chemical Sciences, organized by Department of Chemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Amjad Ali, Chemical transformation of triglycerides and glycerol via mixed metal oxide based heterogeneous catalysts, Nov 11-12, 2016, National Conference on Recent Advances in Chemical Science, organized by Mahrishi Markedeshwar University, Mullana
- Amjad Ali, Biodiesel production from high free fatty acid containing vegetable oils in presence of heterogeneous catalysts, National conference on Biofuels & Bioenergy, June 12-13, 2015, organized by University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- Amjad Ali, Biodiesel production from high free fatty acid containing vegetable oils in presence of heterogeneous catalysts, One day national seminar on recent trends in physics and chemistry, 25th March, 2015, organized by S A Jain Degree College, Ambala
- Amjad Ali, Biodiesel production FROM High free fatty acid containing vegetable oils in presence of heterogeneous catalysts, KLDAV Degree College Roorkee 4th April, 2015
- Amjad Ali, Engineering Chemistry: Selected Topics, Gyan Jyoti Institute of Engg. & Tech. March 22, 2014
- Amjad Ali, Analytical and Instrumental methods of analysis: An Overview, 6-day hands on training program on Water and Wastewater Analysis, 24-29, June, 2013, organized by School of Environment Science and Technology, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (as resource person)
- Amjad Ali, Dual Functional Diesel Fuel Additives from Vegetable Oils, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemistry-Biology Interface, November, 3-5, 2011, organized by Department of Chemistry, Kumanun University, Nainital.
Presentation in International Conferences
- Dinesh Kumar, Vishal and Amjad Ali “Biodiesel from low quality feedstock using alkali metal ion doped calciumoxide as heterogeneous catalyst”2nd International Congress on Biodiesel: The Science and the Technologies, November, 15-17, 2009 organized by organized by American Oil Chemist’s Society (AOCS) and Euro Fed Lipid, The Westin Grand, Munich, Germany.
- Mandeep Kaur, and Amjad Ali, “Potassium fluoride impregnated CaO/NiO: An efficient heterogeneous catalyst for transesterification of triglycerides” 6th Workshop on Fats and Oils as Renewable Feedstock for the Chemical Industry, organized by Karlsruhe Istitute of Technology, March 17-19, 2013, Karlsruhe, Germany.