Power System Protection
Dr. Amrita Sinha is working with EIED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since July, 2013. She has completed her PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT BHU, Varanasi in June 2010. Her research interests include Protection of Power System & Machines and Artificial Intelligence application to protection of Microgrid.
- Ph.D. (IIT BHU) in Electrical Engineering specialisation in Protection
- B.Sc.(Engg.) in Electrical Engineering / P.U. Bihar / First class (74.6%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 20 years
- October 1989 – August 1991: Junior Manager, Electrical Repair Shop, Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant, Vizag.
- December 1991 – August 1993: Lecturer, Industrial Electronics Engineering Department, Agnel Polytechnic, Vashi, New Bombay.
- August 1994 – December 1997: Senior Lecturer, Electronics Engineering Department, National Polytechnic, Jammu.
- January 1998 – July 2000: Guest Lecturer, Electrical Engineering Department, REC, Srinagar Camp Classes, Jammu.
- April 2002 – March 2003: Lecturer, Electrical Engineering Department, Azad Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow.
- July 2010 – June 2013: Visiting Faculty, Electrical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Patna.
- August 2012 – May 2013: Academic Head & Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Bihta, Patna.
- Switchgear & Protection
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Protection of Transmission Lines, Machines and Microgrid
- Application of Artificial Intelligence to Protection
- Amrita Sinha, D. N. Vishwakarma and R. K. Srivastava, “Modeling and Real Time Simulation of Internal Faults in Turbogenerators”, Electric Power Comp. & Sys., 37(4) (2009) 957-969. [SCI Impact Factor 0.888]
- Amrita Sinha, D. N. Vishwakarma and R. K. Srivastava, “Modeling and Simulation of Internal Faults in Salient-pole Synchronous Generators with wave windings”, Elec. Power Comp. & Sys., 38(1) (2010)100-114. [SCI Impact Factor 0.888]
- Amrita Sinha, D. N. Vishwakarma and R. K. Srivastava, “Modeling and Simulation of Internal Faults in Synchronous Generators for Robust Numerical Protection”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Conversion, 3(1/2) (2011) 111-126. [Scopus Impact Factor 0.43]
- Amrita Sinha, and D. N. Vishwakarma, “Pattern Classification based Intelligent Numerical Protection of Salient-pole Synchronous Generator using Neural Networks”, Journal of Electrical Systems (JES), 9(1) (2013) 125-136 [ESCI Impact Factor 0.2]
- Bhawna Nidhi, Ramesh Kumar, A. Sinha, “Neural Network and Fuzzy Logic Based Protection of Series Compensated Double Circuit Transmission line”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), 3(1) (2013) 1545-1551.
- Harish Balaga, Amrita Sinha, and D. N. Vishwakarma, “Numerical Differential Protection of Power Transformer using ANN as a Pattern Classifier”, International Conference on Power, Control and Embedded Systems, Allahabad, India, Nov. 29- Dec.1 (2010)
- Ranjeet Kumar, Amrita Sinha and G.K. Choudhary, “A new digital distance relaying algorithm for first-zone protection for series-compensated double-circuit transmission lines”, Third International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications, Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology (RSET), Kochi, Kerala, India, Aug 29-31 (2013), pp.102-106.
- Gagan Garg and Amrita Sinha, “An improved method for protection of three phase induction motor using microcontroller”, International Conference on Power, Control and Embedded Systems, Allahabad, India, Dec. 26 - Dec.28 (2014), pp. 1-6.
- Amita Kumari and Amrita Sinha, “A Review On Co-Ordination And Control Of Hybrid Ac-Dc Microgrid” IEEE International conference on Power Electronics (IICPE-2016), Patiala, Nov. 17- Nov 19 (2016).
Message to Students & Community
“What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Alfred Mercier