Computer Vision, Dynamic Texture Recognition, Texture analysis and Applications
Dr. Deepshikha Tiwari is currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. She obtained her B.E. from the RGPV, Bhopal, India, and M. Tech. from B.I.T. Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand), India. She received her PhD degree from JUET, Guna, in 2016. She also worked as Project Engineer in Wipro Technologies for 2 years.
- Assistant Professor, T.I.E.T, Patiala, Punjab, 01:06:18 to Till Date.
- Assistant Professor, J.U.E.T., Guna, M. P., 24:07:09 to 30:05:18.
- Project Engineer, Wipro Technologies, Hyderabad, 26:08:2007 to 10:07:2009
Current membership in professional organizations
- Computer Society of India
Honors and awards
- Received Young IT Professional Award from CSI in 2017
- Received fellowship form MP council of science and technology in 2017
- Received MHRD scholarship during M. Tech (2005-2007)
Service activities (within and outside of the institution)
- Attended 1 week IUCEE workshop at JUIT, Waknaghat, Solan, HP
- Delivered a invited Lecture on “Dynamic Texture Recognition” at Technocrats Institute of technology, Bhopal
Publications and other Research Outputs
List of research publications in SCI/SSCI/SCIE/SSCIE & equivalent management journals
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "Dynamic Texture Recognition Based On Completed Volume Local Binary Pattern", Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing, 26 (1), pp. 563-576, 2016. [IF: 1.365]
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "Improved Weber's Law Based Local Binary Pattern for Dynamic Texture Recognition", Multimedia Tools and Application, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 6623- 6640, 2017. [ IF: 1.530]
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "A Novel Scheme Based on Local Binary Pattern for Dynamic Texture Recognition", Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 150, pp. 58-65, 2016. [IF: 2.498]
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "An auto tuned noise resistant descriptor for dynamic texture recognition", Multimedia Tools and Application, vol.76, no.20, pp. 21225-21246, 2017. [IF: 1.530]
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "Dynamic texture recognition using multiresolution edge weighted local structure pattern", Computers & Electrical Engineering, vol. 62, pp. 485-498, 2017. [IF: 1.570]
List of research publications in Non-SCI/Non-Impact journals
- Deepshikha Tiwari, Vipin Tyagi, "Digital Image Compression", Indian Science Cruiser, vol. 31(6),pp. 44 -50, 2017.
- P.K. Pandey, D. Tiwari, "Temperature Variation on Rough Actor-Critic Algorithm", Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 1.1, pp. 103-107, 2009.
- Punit Pandey, Deepshikha Pandey, "Reinforcement Learning by Comparing Immediate Reward", International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, vol.8, No.5, pp. 210-214, Aug 2010. [Scopus, IF: 0.55]
Publication of papers in conference proceedings and other publications
- 1. D. Pandey and P. Pandey, "Approximate Q-Learning: An Introduction," in Proc. 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Bangalore, pp. 317–320, Feb. 2010.
- P. Pandey and D. Pandey, "Reduct Based Q-learning: an Introduction", in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communication, Computing & Security, ICCCS'11, NIT Rourkela, pp. 285–288, Feb. 2011.
- Deepshikha Tiwari, "An adaptive spatiotemporal feature descriptor for dynamic texture recognition", 32nd M.P. young science congress, Vigyan bhavan, Bhopal, India, pp. 51-51, March 10-11, 2017.