Communication & Networking
Dr. Gitanjali Chandwani Manocha is working with ECE Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2019. She did her PhD degree in Optical Networks from IIT Kharagpur in April 2019. Her research interests include Software Defined Networks, Optical Networks, Molecular Communication & Wireless communication.
- Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur) in Optical Networks
- M. Tech (IIT Kharagpur) in Telecommunication Systems Engineering (9.39 CGPA)
- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications/ Pune University / First class with Distinction
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 12 years
- February 2004 – July 2008: Lecturer, EC Department GEIT Dehradun .
- August 2011 – March 2019: Assistant Professor, EC Department GEU Dehradun.
- Optical Networks
- Computer Networks
- Telecommunication Switching and Networks
- Optical Communication
- Wireless Communication
- Communication Systems (Analog & Digital)
- Software Defined Networks
- , Optical Networks
- Molecular Communication
- Wireless communication.
- Manocha, Puneet, Gitanjali Chandwani, and Soumen Das. "Dielectrophoretic Relay Assisted Molecular Communication for In-Sequence Molecule Delivery." IEEE transactions on nanobioscience 15.7 (2016): 781-791.. [SCI Impact Factor 1.927].
- Chandwani, Gitanjali, RajatSen, and DebasishDatta. "Comprehensive design methodology for control and data planes in wavelength-routed optical networks." Photonic Network Communications 33.3 (2017): 243-257. [SCI Impact Factor 1.328].
- Devi, Pukhrambam Bijaya, et al. "Capacity of dual-branch MRC system over correlated Nakagami-m fading channels with non-identical fading parameters and imbalanced average SNRs." International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing 13.2 (2017): 151-163 [SCI Impact Factor .17].
- Devi, PukhrambamBijaya, et al. "Capacity of Dual Branch MRC System Over Correlated Nakagami-m Fading Channels-A Review." Wireless Personal Communications 98.2 (2018): 1735-1752. [SCI Impact Factor 0.929].
- Singh, Deepshikha, and Gitanjali Chandwani. "Carbon-aware routing in software defined inter data center network." 2015 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommuncations Systems (ANTS). IEEE, 2015.
- Chandwani, Gitanjali, and Debasish Datta. "Comprehensive design for control and data planes in wavelength-routed optical networks." 2012 National Conference on Communications (NCC). IEEE, 2012
- Chandwani, Gitanjali, Soumendra Nath Datta, and Saswat Chakrabarti. "Relay assisted cellular system for energy minimization." 2010 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON). IEEE, 2010.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- GATE Qualified: 2007, 2008
- GRE & TOFEL Qualified