Bio Medical Instrumentation
Dr.Jainy Sachdeva is currently Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Dr. Sachdeva obtained his Ph.D. in 2013. Dr. Sachdeva has about five years teaching experience. Her current area of research interest includes Biomedical Instrumentation, Biomedical Image Processing-Image Registration of CT-MR images, Segmentation of tumors on medical/digital images, Disease Classification, Identification of Alzheimer and Dementia using Pattern recognition techniques, Blood vessel and retinal segmentation on fundus retinal images.
||PTU/ A.I.E.T Faridkot
||Electronics & Instrumentation
||T.I.E.T Patiala/ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
||Electronics Instrumentation & Control
||Biomedical Image Processing
|I.E.T Bhaddal, Ropar
||19-07-2006 to 28-12-2007
|Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
||22-07-2016 - till date
Honors and awards
- MHRD Fellowship: 2008-2009
- National Doctoral Fellowship: 2009-2012
List of Publications
- Jainy Sachdeva, Vinod Kumar, Indra Gupta, Niranjan Khandelwal, Chirag Kamal Ahuja, “A novel content based active contour model for brain tumor segmentation”, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 694-715, 2012.
- Jainy Sachdeva, Vinod Kumar, Indra Gupta, Niranjan Khandelwal, Chirag Kamal Ahuja, “Brain tumor classification using dual level network ensemble”, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, vol 28,pp.1107-1120, 2012, DOI: 10.1002/cnm.2481.
- Jainy Sachdeva, Vinod Kumar, Indra Gupta, Niranjan Khandelwal, Chirag Kamal Ahuja, “Hybrid model for 2D brain image registration”, International Journal of Tomography and Statistics, vol. 20, no.2, pp. 67-90, 2012.
- Jainy Sachdeva, Vinod Kumar, Indra Gupta, Niranjan Khandelwal, Chirag Kamal Ahuja, “Segmentation, Feature Extraction, and Multiclass Brain Tumor Classification”, International Journal of Digital Imaging, 26(6): 1141–1150, 2013.
- Jainy Sachdeva, Vinod Kumar, Indra Gupta, Niranjan Khandelwal, Chirag Kamal Ahuja, “A Package SFERCB- Segmentation ,Feature Extraction, reduction and Classification Analysis by both SVM and ANN for Brain Tumors”, Journal of Applied Soft Computing vol. 47, pp.151–167, 2016.
- Puneet Tiwari, Jainy Sachdeva “ Real Time Computer Aided Diagnosis System -Decision Support System for Clinical Diagnosis of Brain Tumors ” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol.10 -1, pp.104 - 119, 2016, Taylor and Francis.