Functional Analysis, Harmonic analysis, Fourier analysis, Fixed point Theory, Fuzzy Fourier Analysis.
Contact No.: +91-9915584742
Web page link
http://www.thapar.edu/index.php/school-of- mathematics/faculty?pid=107&sid=309:dr-jatinderdeep- kaur
Jatinderdeep Kaur is Assistant Professor of Mathematics, at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Jatinderdeep was appointed, in 2004, to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, as Project fellow under UGC major Research project. In 2006, She has joined as Lecturer. Jatinderdeep was appointed, in 2013, as Assistant Professor in School of Mathematics in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Her area of research is pure mathematics. Jatinderdeep Kaur was Principal investigator of UGC sponsored Major Research project, where she guided a research student. Ms. Kaur has been invited as a chair person in an International conference. Her current citations is 101(Google Scholar) and she reviewed many research papers. She has taught many course at like Real Analysis I, Real Analysis-II, Lebesgue Measure Theory, Complex Analysis, Topology, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Complex Analysis, Laplace transforms, linear differential equations, Successive differentiation and Fourier series at PG and UG Level.
Project Title L1-convergence of trigonometric series with special coefficients From 01/04/2013 To 31/03/2016
Fourier analysis has many scientific applications – in physics, partial differential equations, number theory, combinatorics, signal processing imaging, imaging and many other areas. Fourier series was proposed to solve the heat equation, it later became obvious that the same techniques could be applied to a wide array of mathematical and physical problems, and especially those involving linear differential equations with constant coefficients, for which the eigen solutions are sinusoid. In this project, we have defined new conditions as well as new modified sums and published papers in good referred journals.
- University Grant commission (UGC)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Life member of Society for Special function and their Applications
- Life membership of Punjab Academy of Sciences
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI 07, Non-SCI 17
List of publications
List of research publications in SCI ( SCIE )/ Impact Factor journals
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur, S.S. Bhatia , Coincidence and Common Fixed Point Results For Generalized $\Alpha$-$\Psi$ Contractive Type Mappings With Applications”, Bulletin of the Belgian Mathematical Society Simon Stevin , 22(2015), 299- 318.(SCIE , I.F. 0.36)
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur, S.S. Bhatia , Fixed point theorems for $\alpha$-$\psi$- contractive type mappings of integral type with applications, Journal of Nonlinear and Convex Analysis, 16(2015), 745-760.(SCI, I.F. 0.906).
- Sandeep Kaur and Jatinderdeep Kaur, Integrability and L1- convergence of fuzzy Trigonometric series with special fuzzy coefficients, Journal of Non- Linear Science and Applications, 8, 2015,23-39.(SCI, I.F. 1.0756)
- Erdal KarapÄ±nar, Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur, S.S. Bhatia, Generalized (ξ,α)-expansive mappings and related fixed-point theorems , Journal of Inequalities and Applications.2014, 2014:22(SCI, I.F. 0.77)(Springer)
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur, S.S. Bhatia, Common Fixed Points of Expansive Mappings in Generalized Metric Spaces, Journal of Applied Research and Technology,12(3), 2014,607- 614. (SCI, I.F. 0.44)
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, Fixed Point Theorems for (ζ, α) –Expansive mappings in complete metric space, Fixed point theory and applications, 157, 2012, 1-12. (SCI, I.F. 2.49)(Springer)
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia , Convergence of New Modified Trigonometric Sums in the Metric Space L, Journal of Non-Linear Sciences and Applications, 1(3), (2008), 179-188.( SCI, I.F. 1.0756)
List of research publications in Non-SCI journals
- Pooja Dhawan, Jatinderdeep Kaur, Fixed Point theorems for (ξ, α) -expansive mappings in partially ordered sets, IJCMS,6(6), 2017, 50-53.
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia , On fixed points of generalized _- contractive type mappings In partial metric spaces, International Journal of Analysis and Applications, 12(1), 2016, 38-48.
- Pooja Dhawan, Jatinderdeep Kaur and Sanjeev Bakshi, FIXED POINTS OF EXPANSIVE MAPPINGS IN QUASI PARTIAL METRIC SPACES, IJARSE, VO.5(11), 2016, 145-151.(IF 2.83)
- Jatinderdeep Kaur, Sandeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, Lebsgue convergence of modified complex trigonometric sums, International journal of emerging technologies in computational and applied sciences, Vol:11, No:2,110-114, 2015.
- Sandeep Kaur Chouhan, Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, "-convergence of modified trigonometric sums", International journal of Mathematical , computational, Physical, Electrical and Computer engineering, 10(6)(2016), 330-333.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur, Coefficients of Some Double Trigonometric Cosine and Sine Series, International Journal of Mathematical, Computational, Physical, Electrical and Computer Engineering Vol:9, No:11, 2015.
- Sandeep Kaur and Jatinderdeep Kaur, On L1-Convergence of Fuzzy Modified Cosine Sums, Mathematical Sciences International Research Journal 4(1) 2015, 104-107.
- Kapil Chawla and Jatinderdeep Kaur, Common fixed point results for weakly isotone increasing mappings in partially ordered b-metric like spaces, International Journal of Functional Analysis, Operator Theory and Applications ,7(1), 19-56, 2015.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur, Integrability and L1-convergence of mixed Trigonometric series, Mathematical Sciences International research Journal 3(1) 2014, 96-99.
- Priya Shahi, Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, Quadruple fixed point theorems for nonlinear contractions in partially ordered G-metric spaces, Tbilisi Mathematical Journal, 6, (2013), 29-44.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, On L1-convergence of Modified Cosine Sums, Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, 36,6, 2012, 831-836.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S. Bhatia, Integrability and L1- Convergence of Double Trigonometric Series, Analysis in Theory and Applications, vol. 27 (1), 2011, 32-39. (Springer)
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia, Convergence Of Modified Complex Trigonometric Sums In The Metric Space L, Lobachevskii Journal of Mathematics,2010,Volume 31, Number 3, 290-294.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia ,The Extension of the Theorem of J. W. Garrett C. S. Rees and C. V. Stanojevic from One Dimension to Two Dimension, International Journal of Mathematics Analysis, Vol. 3, (2009) no. 26, 1251 – 1257.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia , Integrability and L1- convergence Of Certain Cosine Sums, Kyungpook Mathematical Journal (Korea), Vol. 47 (2007), pp. 323-328. SCOPUS: Impact Factor(IF), 0.332
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia , Convergence of Rees- Stanojevic Sums in the Metric space L, Journal of Punjab Academy of Sciences, 4(1&2), (2007), 1-3.
- Jatinderdeep Kaur and S.S Bhatia , On L1-convergence of certain Trigonometric Sums, Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2 No. 2 (2006), pp. 111-116.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded PIS (Performance Incentive Scheme) for session 2015-16 in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology for my academic excellence (teaching and research).
- Awarded PIS (Performance Incentive Scheme) for session 2013-14 in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology for my academic excellence (teaching and research).
- DST International travel Grant (2012)
- Akhil Bhartiya Vidhyarathi Parishad, Haryana Year 2000-2001, for best student.
- Higher Education Department, Haryana 2000-2001, for meritorious student.
- Higher Education Department, Haryana 2001-2002, for meritorious student.
- State Merit Award from D.A.V. College Ambala, Haryana 2001-2002, for Excellency.
- Professor Hans Raj Gupta Memorial, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 2003- 2004, in M.Sc(maths).
- Silver medal for top in M.Sc. IInd (Mathematics) from Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Description of Research Interests
Jatinderdeep Kaur's research interests are in Fourier analysis, harmonic analysis and fixed point theory. Her research expertise in Lebesgue convergence of trigonometric series in one dimension and two dimensions. She was PI of one major research project sponsored by UGC on Fourier analysis. She guided many PhD and MSc students in area of Fourier analysis and Fixed point theory.