Design Engineering (System dynamics and control)
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering) from IIT, Dhanbad.
- B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) from M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly.
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 6 years 10 month
- July 2018 – Present: Assistant Professor (Mechanical Engineering), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed to be University), Patiala, Punjab.
- Aug 2017 – June 2018: Assistant Professor (Mechanical Engineering), K.L.E.F. (Deemed to be University), Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Teaching Assistantship at IIT Dhanbad during PhD.
- Machine design
- Mechanics of solids
- Theory of machines
- Automation and control
- Engineering drawing
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Condition monitoring
- System dynamics and control
- Bond Graph modelling
- Particle swarm optimization
- Fluid power systems
In SCI indexed journals:
- 2017 Tripathi J.P. and Ghoshal S.K.: Combining inertia and constriction technique in the PSO applied to fault identification in a hydraulic system. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 231(14), pp. 2730-2740.
- 2017 Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K., Dasgupta K. and Das J.: Bond graph modelling of a hydraulic cylinder‑actuated planar manipulator. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 39(11), pp. 4275–4287.
- 2017 Mishra S., Tripathi J.P., Das J., Ghoshal S.K.: Application of parallel multi model simulation method for condition monitoring of a power hydraulic system. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. DOI: 10.1007/s13369-017-2915-2.
- 2016 Tripathi J.P. and Ghoshal S.K.: Multi-fault identification of a hydraulic lifting system via partitioning of unstructured residuals. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 230(5), pp. 424-435.
- 2016 Ghoshal S.K., Paul S., Samanta S. and Tripathi J.P.: System identification and multi-fault isolation for a hydraulic drive with pump loading, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, 230(4), pp. 427-440.
In SCOPUS indexed journal:
- 2018 Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K., Hasan M.E., Dasgupta K. and Das J. (2017). Speed control of a hydrostatic drive using inverse steady state model. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 377, (2018). DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/377/1/012115.
- 2015 Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K., Dasgupta K. (2015). Towards Energy Saving of a Hydraulic Lifting System: A Bond Graph Simulation. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 10(24), pp. 21096- 21101.
In conference proceedings:
- 2014 Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K. and Dasgupta K. (2014). Investigation of spool movement of direction control valve in a typical hydraulic system used for load lifting: A simulation study. Proceedings of International Mechanical Engineering Congress, June 13-15, 2014, Tiruchirappalli, India, pp. 336-340.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Qualified GATE (during 3rd and 4th year of B.Tech.) with maximum percentile of 93.6.
- Senior Research Fellowship by Government of India (M.H.R.D.)
- Junior Research Fellowship by Government of India (M.H.R.D.)
Message to Students & Community
Be single minded, the forest on the other side always look green.