Multiferroic ceramics and thin films
Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2016.
Thesis Title: 'Structure-property correlations in multiferroic Bismuth Ferrite based ceramics and thin films'.
M. Sc. Physics: Amravati University, Maharashtra, 2005.
B. Sc. Physics: Amravati University, Maharashtra, 2003.
Total 10 years of research experience.
2 years of teaching experience.
1-year Post Ph.D. experience.
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Safna Hussain K.P, Mohamed Shahin Thayyil, S.K Deshpande, Jinitha T.V, Jayant Kolte “Development of ion conducting ionic liquid-based gel polymer electrolyte membrane PMMA/BMPyr.TFSI- With improved electrical, optical, thermal and structural properties”, Solid State Ionics, (2017) 310, 166.
- Gajula Ganapathi Rao, Buddiga Lakshmi Rekha, Ch. Arun Kumar, Kolte Jayant, K. Samatha, Dasari Madhava Prasad “Studies on structural and dielectric properties of Li0.5Fe2.5O4doped in BaTi0.9Zr0.1O3 at higher frequency region”, Appl. Phys. A, (2017) 123, 624.
- Jayant Kolte, A. S. Daryapurkar, Mohit Agarwal, D. D. Gulwade and P. Gopalan “Magnetoelectric properties of microwave sintered BiFeO3 and Bi0.90La0.10Fe0.95Mn0.05O3 nanoceramics”, Mater. Chem. and Phys., (2017) 193, 253.
- Jyoti Rani, Varun Kushwaha, Jayant Kolte and C. V. Tomy “Structural, dielectric and magnetoelectric studies of [0.5Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-0.5(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3]-Ni0.8Zn0.2Fe2O4 multiferroic composites”, J Alloys Compd., (2017) 696, 266.
- John Paul Praveen, Monaji Vinitha Reddy, Jayant Kolte, Sakthivel Dinesh Kumar, Venkatachalam Subramanian and Dibakar Das “Synthesis, characterization, and magneto-electric properties of (1 x)BCZT- xCFO ceramic particulate composites”, Int J Appl Ceram Technol., (2017), 14, 200.
- G. Ganapathi Rao, B. Lakshmi Rekha, M.P. Dasari, Ch. Arun Kumar, Jayant Kolte, K. Samatha “Structural and Magnetic properties of lithium ferrite substituted BaTi0.9Zr0.1O3 composite ceramics”, J. Asian Ceram. Soc., (2017) 5, 109
- Jayant Kolte, A. S. Daryapurkar, D. D. Gulwade, Mohit Agarwal and P. Gopalan “Effect of substrate temperature on the structural and electrical properties of La and Mn co-doped BFO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition”, Thin Solid Films, (2016) 619, 308.
- Jayant Kolte, A. S. Daryapurkar, D. D. Gulwade and P. Gopalan “Microwave sintered Bi0.90La0.10Fe0.95Mn0.05O3 nanocrystalline ceramics: Impedance and Modulus spectroscopy”, Ceram. Int., (2016) 42, 12914.
- Alka Rani, Jayant Kolte, Samba Siva Vadla and Prakash Gopalan “Structural, electrical, magnetic and magnetoelectric properties of Fe doped BaTiO3 ceramics” Ceram. Int., (2016) 42, 8010.
- Rajesh R. Raut, Paresh H. Salame, Jayant T. Kolte, Chandrakant S. Ulhe and Prakash Gopalan “Giant dielectric response and magnetoelectric behavior of 95BiFeO3-5BaTiO3 (95BFO-5BT) ceramics”, J. Mater. Sci.- Mater. Electron., (2016) 27, 730.
- Jayant Kolte, Paresh H. Salame, A. S. Daryapurkar and P. Gopalan “Impedance and AC conductivity study of nano crystalline, fine grained multiferroic bismuth ferrite (BiFeO3), synthesized by microwave sintering” AIP Adv., (2015) 5, 097164.
- A. Rani, J. Kolte, P. Gopalan “Phase formation, microstructure, electrical and magnetic properties of Mn substituted barium titanate”, Ceram. Int., (2015) 41, 14057.
- A. S. Daryapurkar, J. T. Kolte and P. Gopalan “Influence of oxygen gas pressure on phase, microstructure and electrical properties of sodium bismuth titanate thin films grown using pulsed laser deposition”, Thin Solid Films, (2015) 579, 44.
- Jayant Kolte, Aatish Daryapurkar, Prakash Apte and Prakash Gopalan “Structural and Electrical Characterization of La and Mn Co-Substituted Bismuth Ferrite Thin Films”, Ferroelectrics, (2013) 448, 42.
- A. S. Daryapurkar, J. T. Kolte and P. Gopalan “Growth of pseudocubic perovskite-type SrRuO3 thin films on quartz substrate using pulsed laser deposition method”, J. Mater. Sci.-Mater. Electron., (2013) 24, 4698.
- A. S. Daryapurkar, J. T. Kolte, P. R. Apte and P. Gopalan “Structural and electrical properties of sodium bismuth titanate (Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3) thin films optimized using the Taguchi approach”, Ceram. Int. (2013) 40B, 2441.
- A. S. Daryapurkar, J. T. Kolte and P. Gopalan “Growth and Characterization of Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 Thin Films with BaTiO3 Buffer Layer”, Ferroelectrics, (2013) 447, 46.
- A. Rani, J. Kolte and P Gopalan “Effect of Cobalt substitution on the structural, electrical and magnetic properties of BaTiO3 ceramics” Pg. No. 171-174, doi: 10.1109/ISAF.2015.7172697 proceedings of 2015 Joint IEEE International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectric (ISAF), International Symposium on Integrated Functionalities (ISIF), and Piezoelectric Force Microscopy Workshop (PFM) May 24 - 27, 2015 held at Singapore.
- Jayant Kolte, Aatish Daryapurkar, Prakash Apte and Prakash Gopalan “Effect of oxygen pressure on the structural, electrical properties of Bi0.9La0.1Fe0.95Mn0.05O3 thin films and characterization for memory applications” Pg. No. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ISAF.2012.6297800, Proceedings of 2012 International Symposium on Application of Ferroelectrics (ISAF) held jointly with 2012 European Conference on the Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD) and 2012 Piezo response Force Microscopy (PFM) and Nanoscale Phenomena in Polar Materials July 9 - 13, 2012 held at Aveiro Portugal.
- A. S. Daryapurkar, J. T. Kolte and P. Gopalan “Effect of Barium Titanate buffer layer on dielectric properties of Sodium Bismuth Titanate thin films grown using Pulsed Laser Deposition” Pg. No. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ISAF.2012.6297774, Proceedings of 2012 International Symposium on Application of Ferroelectrics (ISAF) held jointly with 2012 European Conference on the Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD) and 2012 Piezo response Force Microscopy (PFM) and Nanoscale Phenomena in Polar Materials July 9 - 13, 2012 held at Aveiro Portugal.
- Jayant Kolte, Devidas Gulwade, Aatish Daryapurkar and Prakash Gopalan “Microstructural characterization of ferroelectric Bismuth Ferrite (BiFeO3) ceramic by Electron Backscattered Diffraction” Materials Science Forum 702-703 (2012) Pg. No. 1011-1014, Proceedings of International Conference on Textures of Materials 16 (ICOTOM 16) December 12 - 17, 2011 held at Mumbai India.
Awards and Honours
3rd in merit in the M.Sc. (Physics) examination held by Amravati University, Amravati, India.
Sumatidas Soitkar prize in the M. Sc. (Physics) Amravati University, 2005.
1st Place poster award in "The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society" (TMS) International Conference, Feb 27 - March 3, 2011 held in San Diego, California, USA.
Description of Research Interests
Multiferroic, ferroelectrics, piezoelectric ceramics composites, and thin films for energy harvesting and energy storage.
Synthesis and characterization of oxide thin films.
Charge carrier transport study of ceramics as well as thin films.