Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) in Uncertain Environments, Fuzzy Optimization
Contact No.: +917087960125
Jolly Puri is currently working as an Assistant Professor (Contractual) in School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. She joined the department in July 2015 as a Lecturer after completing her doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand. Her area of research is theoretical and methodological development of data envelopment analysis in uncertain environments. She has presented her research work globally at many international and national conferences. Her research articles are published in international journals of repute and have got 109 citations. She has taught UG and PG students various subjects namely Advanced Calculus, Optimization Techniques, Numerical Analysis, Statistical Methods and Algorithms.
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI 05, Non-SCI 04
List of research publications in SCI Journals
- Jolly Puri, Shiv Prasad Yadav and Harish Garg, “A new multi-component DEA approach using common set of weights methodology and imprecise data: An application to public sector banks in India with undesirable and shared resources”. Annals of Operations Research, 2017. (Accepted, In Press) (Impact factor: 1.709)
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “A fully fuzzy DEA approach for cost and revenue efficiency measurements in the presence of undesirable outputs and its application to the banking sector in India”. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 18(2), 212-226, 2016. (Impact factor: 2.198)
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “Intuitionistic Fuzzy Data Envelopment Analysis: An Application to the Banking Sector in India”. Expert Systems with Applications, 42(11), 4982-4998, 2015. (Impact factor: 3.928)
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “A Fuzzy DEA Model with Undesirable Fuzzy Outputs and its Application to the Banking Sector in India”. Expert Systems with Applications, 41(14), 6419-6432, 2014. (Impact factor: 3.928)
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “A Concept of Fuzzy Input Mix- efficiency in Fuzzy DEA and its Application in Banking Sector”. Expert Systems with Applications, 40(5), 1437-1450, 2013. (Impact factor: 3.928)
List of research publications in Non-SCI Journals
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “Improved DEA models in the presence of undesirable outputs and imprecise data: An application to banking industry in India”. International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management, 2017. (In Press, DOI: 10.1007/s13198-017-0634- 4).
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “Productivity and Profitability of Public Sector Banks in India: A Multi-component DEA Approach”. International Journal of Operational Research, 2015. (Accepted, In Press)
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “A Fully Fuzzy Approach to DEA and Multi-component DEA for Measuring Fuzzy Technical Efficiencies in the Presence of Undesirable Outputs”. International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management, 6(3), 268-285, 2015.
- Jolly Puri and Shiv Prasad Yadav, “Performance Evaluation of Public and Private Sector Banks in India using DEA”. International Journal of Operational Research, 18(1), 91-121, 2013.
Awards and Honours
- CSIR Travel Grant for attending and presenting research paper in International Conference on Computer Science and Applied Mathematics - 2014 (ICCSAM-2014) organized by WASET in Singapore during from September 11-12, 2014.
- Qualified GATE with Mathematics in the year 2012.
- Qualified UGC-NET JRF (Mathematical Sciences) in December 2009.
- First rank (By College Merit) in Mathematics at Government Ripudaman College, Nabha in 2007.
Description of Research Interests
- Theoretical and methodological development of DEA
- Decision making in uncertain environments
- Fuzzy logic and its applications
- Performance analysis and complete ranking of decision making units