Medical Image Processing, Machine Learning, IoT, Medical Image Retrieval.
Karamjeet Singh is currently working as Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He obtained his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Mathematics from Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. Also, he completed his M.Tech, M. Phil. and Ph. D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Punjabi University, Patiala. He has more than 03 years of UG & PG teaching and research experience. He is member of various professional bodies/societies of repute. His current area of research and interest includes Medical Image Processing, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, IoT, and Medical Image Retrieval.
Description of Research Interests
- Moments and Transform in Image Denoising
- Medical Image Segmentation
- Contrast Enhancement
- Biomedical Image Retrieval
- IoT-based Agricultural Farming
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Neural Network
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Karamjeet Singh, Sukhjeet K. Ranade, Chandan Singh, Comparative Performance Analysis of Various Wavelet and Nonlocal Means Based Approaches for Image Denoising, International Journal for Light and Electron Optics (Optik) 131 (2017) 1–15. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-0.8).
- Chandan Singh, Sukhjeet K. Ranade, Karamjeet Singh, Invariant moments and transform-based unbiased nonlocal means for denoising of MR images, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (BSPC) 30 (2016) 13–24. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-2.2).
- Karamjeet Singh, Sukhjeet K. Ranade, Chandan Singh, A hybrid algorithm for speckle noise reduction of ultrasound images, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (CMPB) 148 (2017) 55–69. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-2.5).
- Yogesh Kumar, Ashutosh Aggarwal, Shailendra Tiwari, Karamjeet Singh, An Efficient and Robust Approach for Bio-medical Image Retrieval Using Zernike Moments, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (BSPC) 39 (2018) 459–473. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-2.2).
- Amandeep Sharma, Karamjeet Singh, Bhajan Singh, B.S. Sandhu, Experimental response function of Nal(TI) scintillation detector for gamma photons and tomographic measurements for detect detection, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 269 (2011) 247–256. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-1.2).
- Karamjeet singh, Rakesh Singh, Amandeep kaur, Wavelet Based Speckle Noise Reduction by Using Simple Statistical Method, CiiT Journal (SCI: I.F-0.652).
- Ashutosh Aggarwal, Karamjeet Singh, Kamalpreet Singh, Use of Gradient Technique for extracting features from Handwritten Gurmukhi Characters and Numerals by Procedia Computer Science 46 (2015): 1716-1723. (SCOPUS Indexed). Publisher: ELSEVIER.
- Ashutosh Aggarwal, Suchita Sharma, Karamjeet Singh, Harpreet Singh, Sunil Kumar, A new approach for effective retrieval and indexing of medical images, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (BSPC) 50 (2019) 10–34. (Elsevier SCI: I.F-2.2).
Gurpreet Singh, Raghav Bhardwaj, Karamjeet Singh, Sahil Mehla, Zigbee- A review, IJCST 3(1) 2012.
- Karamjeet Singh, Sukhjeet K. Ranade, Chandan Singh, Method Noise Based Two Stage Nonlocal Means Filtering Approach for Gaussian Noise Reduction, Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2016), Verlag: Springer Singapore (SCI indexed).
- Ashutosh Aggarwal, Karamjeet Singh, “Zernike Moments-Based Retrieval of CT and MR Images”, in Proceedings of 12th Annual IEEE India Conference 2015 (INDICON), IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/INDICON.2015.7443132. (SCI indexed).
- Ashutosh Aggarwal, Karamjeet Singh, “Handwritten Gurmukhi Character Recognition”, in Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Control (IC4-2015), IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/IC4.2015.7375678. (SCI indexed).
- Karamjeet Singh, Rakesh Singh, Amandeep Kaur, “Combination of Maximum Likelihood Estimation and NLM filter for Speckle Noise Reduction”, 3rd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering & Assistive Technologies, BEATS 2014, (SCI indexed).
- Amandeep Kaur, Karamjeet Singh, “Speckle Noise Reduction by using Wavelets” National Conference on Computational Instrumentation (NCCI), CSIO Chandigarh, INDIA, 19-20 March 2010.
- Amandeep Kaur, Karamjeet Singh, Rakesh Singh, “Performance Analysis of Daubechies Wavelets & Biorthogonal Wavelets for Noise Suppression” At International Conference on Upcoming Trends in IT On 21st May, 2010, at PCTE College, Bhadowal, Ludhiana.
- Amandeep Kaur, Karamjeet Singh, Rakesh Singh, “A Simple Edge Detection Algorithm For Gray Scale Images Using Wavelets” At International Conference On Upcoming Trends In IT On 21st May, 2010, at PCTE College, Bhadowal, Ludhiana.
Award and Achievements:
- Selected in Faculty Development Programme, Department of Mathematics, IIT Delhi.
- Selected as JRF-SRF (2012-2017) to pursue M.Phil. and Ph.D. under Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) provided by UGC, New Delhi.
- DST Travel Grant Awarded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, DST, India. (Application No. - ITS/1931/2017-18).
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- IETE, IAENG (China), IACSIT (Singapore), IEI (Kolkata).
- Assistant Professor at Rayat-Bahra College of Engineering and Bio-Technology for Women (w.e.f 2-Aug-2010 to 3-Oct-2012) Mohali Campus, Punjab.
- Teaching Assistant (w.e.f 4-oct-2012 to 30-Sep-2017) in Department of Computer Science,Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Assistant Professor in Computer Engineering Department (w.e.f 1-Aug-2018 to 1-Nov- 2018), Marwadi University, Rajkot, Gujarat.
- Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department (w.e.f 2-Nov-2018 to Till now), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
International Journal for Light and Electron Optics (Optik)-Elsevier. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization (Taylor and Francis) International Journal of Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (BSPC)-Elsevier. IEEE Access (IEEE)