Application of wavelets, Partial differential equations, Uncertainty quantification, inverse problems.
Contact No.: 9654040633
Dr. Kavita is an assistant professor in school of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. She completed her PhD from IIT Delhi and worked as a postdoc fellow in University of Liege, Belgium. Her area of research is applications of wavelets, partial differential equations, uncertainty quantification, inverse problems. She has presented her work in many international conferences and published her work in journals of high repute.
Apart from research she is highly motivated for teaching. She has uploaded lectures on many courses in her YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCER1cHgm8JPfQiCchBN1XCg? view_as=subscriber
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Sensitivity analysis of parametric uncertainties and modeling errors in computational-mechanics models by using a general- ized probabilistic modeling approach, Maarten Arnst and Kavita Goyal, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol- ume 167, pages 394–405, 2017.
- An adaptive meshfree spectral graph wavelet method for partial differential equations, Kavita Goyal and Mani Mehra, Ap- plied Numerical Mathematics, volume 113, pages: 168– 185, 2017.
- Fast diffusion wavelet method for partial differential equations, Kavita Goyal and Mani Mehra, Applied Mathematical Modelling, volume 40, pages: 5000–5025, 2015.
- An adaptive meshfree diffusion wavelet method for partial dif- ferential equations on the sphere, Kavita Goyal and Mani Mehra, Journal of Computational Physics, volume: 272, pages: 747–771, 2014.
- A Fast Adaptive diffusion wavelet method for Burger’s equa- tion, Kavita Goyal and Mani Mehra, Computers & Math- ematics with Applications, volume: 68, pages: 568–577, 2014.
- Algorithm 929: A Suite on Wavelet Differentiation Algorithms, Mani Mehra and Kavita Goyal, ACM-Transactions on Math- ematical Software, volume: 39, pages: 27:1–27:28, 2013.
- Wavelets and inverse problems, Kavita Goyal and Mani Mehra, Proceedings of the satellite conference of ICM 2010 Mathematics in Science and Technology: Mathematical Methods, Mod- els and Algorithms in Science and Technology pages: 430–447, 2011.
Awards and Honours
- DST travel fund awarded for attending ‘5th International Conference on Computational Harmonic Analysis held at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA, during 19-23 May, 2014’.
- NBHM travel fund awarded for attending ‘New Trends in Ap- plied Harmonic Analysis Sparse Representations, Compressed Sensing and Multifractal Analysis, held in Mar del Plata, Argentina during August 5 - 16, 2013’.
- IIT Delhi travel fund awarded for attending ‘International Con- ference on Applied Harmonic Analysis and Multiscale Computing July 25-28, 2011, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada’.
- Panjab University Gold medalist in M.Sc.(H.S.) Mathematics.
- Prof. Hans Raj Gupta Memorial Silver medal for best graduate student of M.Sc.(H.S.) in department of Mathematics, Panjab university Chandigarh.
- Certificate of appreciation from Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) for performance in M.Sc.(H.S.) Mathematics.
- Qualified GATE-2009 with percentile 99.75% and All India rank-7.
- Qualified CSIR-JRF December-2008.
- Qualified CSIR-LS June-2008.
- NBHM (National board of higher Mathematics) scholarship in M.Sc.
- College Colour award (April 2007) for securing 5th position in Punjabi University in B.Sc.(III).
- College Colour award (April 2006) for securing 4th position in Punjabi University in B.Sc.(II).
Description of Research Interests
Her research work includes the application of wavelets for numerical
solutions of partial differential equations and for uncertainty
quantification. New directions of her work include study of inverse
problems, and applications of wavelets in control theory.