- University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom
- Catholic University, Lille, France
In peer reviewed journals
- Kaur,T Ghosh M.2015.Characterization and upregulation of bifunctional Phosphoglucomutase/Phosphomannomutase enzyme in an exobiopolymer overproducing strain of Acinetobacter haemolyticus, Microbiological Research, 181: 8-14.
- Kaur T, Ghosh M, 2015.Acinetobacter haemolyticus MG606 produces a novel, phosphate binding exobiopolymer, Carbohydrate polymers ,132, 72-79
- Khaira, G.K., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2014. Antimicrobial efficacy and in vivo toxicity studies of a quaternized biopolymeric flocculant. Journal of Water and Health, 12(4):656-62.
- Khaira, G.K., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2013. Synthesis and evaluation of antibacterial activity of quaternized biopolymer from K. terrigena. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 116,3: 511-518.
- Khaira, G.K., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2014. Rapid inactivation of Salmonella by a quaternized biopolymeric flocculant. Water Science & Technology. 14, 1:31-37.
- Kaur, T., Sharma, J., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2014.Application of biopolymer produced from metabolic engineered Acinetobacter sp. for the development of phosphate optoelectronic sensor. Composite Interfaces. 21, 2: 143-151.
- Khaira, G.K., Kumarya, R., Chibber, M. and Ghosh M. 2013. Development of a quaternized chitosan with enhanced antibacterial efficacy. Journal of water and health. 11, 3: 410–418.
- Kaur, T., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2013. Development of exobiopolymer-based biosensor for detection of phosphate in water. Water Science & Technology, 68, 12:2619–2625.
- Kaur, T. and Ghosh M. 2013. Modelling of phosphate exobiopolymer interaction. International Journal of Biotechnology and bioengineering research. 4:355-358.
- Bhanwar S., Bamnia M., Ghosh, M.and Ganguli, A. 2013. Use of Lactococcus lactis to enrich sourdough bread with γ-aminobutyric acid. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 64:77-81.
- Jain, A., Kumar, M., Ghosh, M., and Ganguli, A. 2013. Modeling in vitro cholesterol reduction in relation to growth of probiotic Lactobacillus casei. Microbiology and immunology. 57: 100–110.
- Singla R., Ganguli A., Ghosh M. 2012. Physicochemical and nutritional characteristics of organic acid-treated button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporous). Food and Bioprocess Technology 5 (2), 808-815.
- Puri, R., Malik, M. and Ghosh, M. 2012. Development of an amperometric biosensor for detection of limonin levels in kinnow-mandarin juices. Annals of Microbiology. 62:1301–1309.
- Malik, M., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2012. Modeling of permeabilization process in Pseudomonas putida G7 for enhanced Limonin bioconversion. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 95,1:223-231.
- Malik, M., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2012. Enhancement of bioconversion efficiency of limonin by Pseudmonas putida G7. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 63, 1:59-65.
- Malik, M., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2012. Statistical optimization of process parameters influencing the biotransformation of limonin by Pseudomonas putida G7. Research Journal of Biotechnology. 7.
- Malik, M. and Ghosh, M. 2012. Immobilization parameters statistically optimized for whole cells of P. putida G7 to enhance limonin biotransformation. Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology. 3.
- Kumar, M., Jain, A., Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2012. Industrial whey utilization as a medium supplement for biphasic growth and bacteriocin production by probiotic Lactobacillus casei LA-1. Probiotic and Antimicrobial Protein. 4,3:198-207.
- Kumar, M., Jain, A., Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2012. Statistical optimization of physical parameters for enhanced bactericin production by L casei. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering. 17, 3:606-616.
- Kumar, M., Singla, R., Singh, A., Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2012. Survival of probiotic strains in non-dairy indian spice condiment exhibiting cholesterol reducing properties. Food Science and Biotechnology. 21,5:1309-1315.
- Kumar, M., Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2012. Mitogenic response and probiotic characteristics of lactic acid bacteria isolated from indigenously pickled vegetables and fermented beverages. World Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology. 28:703–711.
- Kumar, M., Jain, A., Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2012. Potential application of an anti-aeromonas bacteriocin of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis in the preservation of vegetable salad. Journal of Food Safety. 32:369–378.
- Richu Singla, Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2011. Combined organic acid and ozone inactivates Shigella spp. in sprouts but retains antioxidant activity. Food Control. 22,7:1032-1039.
- Ghosh, M. and Pathak, S. Application of Microbial Exopolymers for removal of protozoan parasites from potable water. Research Journal of Biotechnology. 2010. 5, 1:58-62.
- Kumar, M., Goyal, R, Khandal, H, Khilwani, B, Gupta, S, Lomash, H, Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2010. Perception and attitudes of Indian consumers to probiotic foods, International Journal of Prebiotics & Probiotics.
- Verma, J., Ghosh, M. and Singh. S, Srivastava, P.K. 2010. Identification and characterization of cellular locus of limonin biotransforming enzyme in Pseudomonas putidain the Journal of Food Science & Technology. 45:319-326.
- Singla, R., Ganguli, A. and Ghosh, M. 2010. Antioxidant activities and polyphenolic properties of raw and osmotically dehydrated dried mushroom (Agaricus bisporous) snack food. International Journal of food properties. 13 (6), 1290-1299.
- Ghosh, M., Pathak, S. and Ganguli, A. 2009. Effective Removal of Cryptosporidium by a Novel Bioflocculant. Water Environment Research. 81:123-128.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A., Pathak, S. 2009. Application of a novel biopolymer for removal of Salmonella from poultry waste water. Environmental Technology, 30: 337-344.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A, and Tripathi, A.K. 2009. Decolorization of anaerobically digested molasses spent wash by Pseudomonas putida. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology. 41:113-119.
- Ghosh, M. and Pathak S. 2009. Biopolymer based intervention for Salmonella in water. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 8:298-303.
- Singla, R., Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A, and Sohal, S. 2009. Evaluation of sanitizing efficacy of acetic acid on piper beetle leaves and its effect on antioxidant properties. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 31: 221-227.
- Singla, R, Ghosh, M. and Ganguli, A. 2009. Phenolics and antioxidant activity of a ready-to-eatsnack food prepared from the edible mushroom (Agaricus bisporous). Nutrition and Food Sciences. 39,3:227-235.
- Ghosh, M., Wahi, S., Kumar, M. and Ganguli, A. 2007. Prevalence of enterotoxigenic Staphylococcus aureus and Shigella spp. in some raw street vended Indian foods. International Journal of Environment Health Research. 17,2:151-156.
- Ganguli A., Ghosh, M. and Singh N. 2007. Antioxidant activities and total phenolics of pickles produced from the edible mushroom Agaricus bisporous. Journal of Culinary Science & Technology. 5,2-3:131-142.
- Ghosh, M., Dhillon, S. and Ganguli A. 2007. Probiotic properties of Lactobacillus plantarum Ch1 isolated from Indian green sauces. International Journal of Prebiotics and Probiotics. 3:13-18.
- Ghosh, M., Kaur S. and Ganguli, A, Inactivation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 by cinnamon extracts in carrot-kinnow mandarin blends. 2007. Indian Journal of Microbiology. 47:377–381.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A. and Mallik M. 2006. Curing of indigenous NAH Plasmid of naphthalene degrading Pseudomonas putida PpG7 strain implicated in limonin degradation. Journal of Microbiology. 473-479.
- Sarvnarinder Kaur, Ghosh, M. and Ganguli A. 2006. Microbiologcal quality and safety of street vended fresh squeezed juices in Patiala. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology & Environmental Sciences. 8,1:23-25.
- Kumar M., Agarwal D., Ghosh, M., Ganguli A. 2006. Microbiological safety of street vended fruit chats in Patiala. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 24,1:75-76.
- Wahi S., Bansal S., Ghosh M., Ganguli A. 2006. Growth and survival of Escherichia coli O157: H7 during manufacture and storage of Indian cheese (paneer). Foodborne Pathogens & Disease 3 (2), 184-189.
- Ghosh, M., Bansal, S., Malik, N., and Ganguli, A. 2005. Recovery of bacterial pathogens from Indian green chutneys by thin agar layer method. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 42, 6:495-497.
- Ghosh, M., Verma S., Mengoni A and Tripathi A.K. 2004. Enrichment and identification of bacteria capable of reducing chemical oxygen demand of anaerobically treated molasses spent wash. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 94, 203-207.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A. and Mudgil, S. 2004. Microbiological quality of carrots used for preparation of fresh squeezed street vended carrot juices in India. Journal of Food Agriculture and Environment. 2,2:143-145.
- Ganguli A., Bansal,S. , Malik, N., Rana, A.K and Ghosh, M. 2004. Microbiological quality and safety of two popularly consumed, raw street vended foods in India. Food Science and Biotechnology. 13,4: 417-420.
- Ghosh, M., Bansal, S. and Ganguli, A. 2004. Prevalence and survival of S. aureus in street vended Indian Green chutneys, Journal of Food Technology. 2, 2:67-70.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli, A, and Prakash, N.T. 2004. Quality issues of Kinnow-mandarin juices sold by street vendors. ASEAN Food Journal. 13,3:143-148.
- Lim SH, Salmah I, Ooi WL, Sushil K, Sahilah AM, Son R, Ghosh M, Bansal S, Ganguli A. 2004. PCR Primers Designed from the UidA Gene Sequence for the Detection of Escherichia coli O157: H7. Journal of Food Technology 2 (1), 59-62.
- Ghosh, M., Ganguli A. and Tripathi A.K. 2002. Treatment of anaerobically digested spent wash by a two stage bioreactor using Pseudomonas putida and Aeromonas sp. Process Biochemistry. 37:857-862.
Book Chapters :
- Helen Bridle and Moushumi Ghosh. 2015. Polymers for use in the monitoring and treatment of waterborne protozoa. Biomaterial Applications: Macro to nanoscales. Oakville, ON: Apple Academic Press, Inc.; Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Arashdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Moushumi Ghosh and Abhijit Ganguli. 2014. Traditional Foods and Beverages as Delivery Vehicles for Probiotics. Series Recent Developments in Biotechnology Vol. 8: Drug Delivery. Studium Press LLC, USA.
- Sandeep Mudgil, Sunita Bansal, Moushumi Ghosh and Abhijit Ganguli: Emerging trends in food borne diseases in Applied Microbiology, Ed; P.C Trivedi, pp169-174; 2006, Agrobios India.
- Sandeep Mudgil, Abhijit Ganguli and Moushumi Ghosh: Microbiological quality of carrots and Kinnow-mandarins in Applied Microbiology, Ed: P.C Trivedi, pp175-180; 2006, Agrobios India.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Shivani Kalia and Abhijit Ganguli. 2004. Application of a novel bioflocculant produced by a bacterial isolate for pathogen removal, Biotechnological Approaches for Sustainable Development. Allied Publishers, India.
Papers in Conference proceedings:
- Supriya Arora and Moushumi Ghosh, Bacterial Production of Gamma-aminobutyric Acid and its recovery using biopolymers, INDOUK workshop on Sustainable Polymeric Applications (IUWSPA) Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, 9-10 October, 2015.
- Tarnpreet Kaur and Moushumi Ghosh, Biopolymer hydrogels for rapid removal and recovery of phosphate from water, INDOUK workshop on Sustainable Polymeric Applications (IUWSPA) Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, 9-10 October, 2015.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh, Potential role of quaternized biopolymeric flocculants in cell membrane damage and inactivation of Shigella flexneri, INDOUK workshop on Sustainable Polymeric Applications (IUWSPA) Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, 9-10 October, 2015.
- Parul Gulati and Moushumi Ghosh, Evidence of quorum quenching and inhibition of biofilm formation in Sphingomonas sp INDOUK workshop on Sustainable Polymeric Applications (IUWSPA) Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, 9-10 October, 2015
- Vivek Sharma, Helen Bridle and Moushumi Ghosh,Studies on Biopolymeric Material-Cryptosporidium Interactions for Developing Detection/Treatment Systems in Water. (International Society for Biomedical Polymers & Polymeric Biomaterials, Orlando, Florida, U.S, Date: 8-10 July, 2015.
- Moushumi Ghosh, A permeabilized whole cell bioprocess for efficient transformation of limonin, 10th European Symposium on Biochemical Engineering Sciences and 6th International Forum on Industrial Bioprocesses in collaboration with ACS, Lille, September 7-10, 2014, France.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh, Synthesis and characterization of antibacterial quaternized biopolymeric flocculants. 4th Annual International Conference on Advances in Biotechnology (BIOTECH 2014), BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus, UAE, Date: 10th – 11th March 2014.
- Meenakshi Malik and Moushumi Ghosh, 2nd International Society of Biotechnology Conference (ISBT-2013), University of Antwerp, Belgium,
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh, Exploring quaternized chitosan as potential flocculant-disinfectant in water treatment. 54th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India AMI held at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, Nov. 17-20, 2013.
- Taranpreet Kaur and Moushumi Ghosh, Overexpression of phosphoglucomutase (PGM) enzyme in metabolically engineered Acinetobacter sp. 54th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India AMI held at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak , Haryana, Nov. 17-20, 2013.
- Taranpreet Kaur, Jatin Sharma and Moushumi Ghosh, Novel phosphate biosensor based on biopolymer. BRSI, ICIB-2012, Punjabi University, Patiala. Nov. 21-23, 2012.
- Taranpreet Kaur, Jatin Sharma and Moushumi Ghosh, Development of phosphate selective biopolymer-sensor using metabolically engineered strain of Acinetobacter sp. ICNP-International Conference on natural polymers, Kottayam Kerala. Oct. 26-28, 2012.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira, ManmohanChibber and Moushumi Ghosh, Development of quaternized biopolymer flocculant for effective removal and inactivation of Salmonella in potable water. 13th International Symposium on Biopolymers, ISBP2012, Cairns, Queensland, Australia. Oct. 7-10, 2012.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh, Quaternized biopolymeric derivative as disinfectant for water treatment. International Congress on Environmental Research, ICER-2011, SVNIT, Surat, Gujarat. Dec. 15-17, 2011.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Pritanshu, Studies on Microbial Polymers for Development of Antibiodeteriogens, AMI-2011, Nov. 3-6, 2011.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh. Evaluation of Quaternized biopolymeric flocculant derivative as disinfectants for Potable water treatment. 51st Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India AMI held at BIT Mesra, Ranchi. Dec. 14-17, 2010.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira and Moushumi Ghosh, Role of Biopolymers in mitigating pathogenic contaminants in water. International Biomedicine and Technology and Healthcare summit Jiangjyn, China. Nov. 26-27, 2010.
- Gurpreet Kaur Khaira, Manmohan Chhibber and Moushumi Ghosh, Mitigation of Microbial contaminants in Potable Water using Quaternized derivative. National Conference on Emerging Trends in Biopharmaceuticals: Relevance to Human Health, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Nov.11-13, 2010.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Santosh Pathak and Abhijit Ganguli, Application of microbial exopolymers for removal of pathogens from potable water. First international Biotechnology conference, SMIT, Sikkim, 28-39 December, 2008.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Santosh Pathak, Removal of high risk pathogens in waste water by novel biopolymeric flocculants. 49th Annual conference of Association of Microbiologists of India, University of Delhi, Delhi, November 18-20, 2008.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Simrata Dhillon, Mukesh Kumar, Abhijit Ganguli and A. Goswami, Preformulated, herbal, non –fermented beverages as a novel alternative option for delivering probiotics to consumers. First European food congress (EFFOST) Ljubljana, Slovenia, 4-9 November, 2008.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Santosh Pathak. Targeted removal of Salmonella spp. by a novel biopolymer – a futuristic biodefense tool at XIthPunjab Science Congress, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, during 7-10th February, 2008.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Richu Singla and AbhijitGanguli,Antioxidant activities and polyphenolic properties of raw and osmotically dehydrated dried Agaricus bisporous snack food. International drying conference, Hyderabad, India, 3-6 October, 2008.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Simrata Dhillon, and Abhijit Ganguli, Biotechnological production of lactic acid from potato processing waste water by Lactobacillus plantarum isolated from fermented green chutneys International conference on Biotechnology Engineering (ICBioE07) 8-10 May 07 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, 2007.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Santosh Pathak and Abhijit Ganguli, Biotechnological evaluation of a novel exopolymeric flocculant produced by Klebsiella terrigena for removal of Cryptosporidium parvum-an emerging water borne pathogen International conference on Biotechnology Engineering (ICBioE07) 8-10 May 07 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, 2007.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Biofilms: Challenges and Applications BRC Mumbai, 12th-13th Jan 2007
- Moushumi Ghosh, Santosh Pathak and Abhijit Ganguli, Physicochemical properties of a novel polymeric flocculant material from microbial source. ProcNational Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Materials. 2007.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Santosh Pathak and Abhijit Ganguli, Removal and retention of Cryptosporidium parvumoocystsfrom water samples by a novel exopolymeric bio-flocculant produced by Klebsiella terrigena 47th Annual Conference Association of Microbiologists (AMI) India Dec. 6-8. 2006
- Moushumi Ghosh, S. Kaur and Abhijit Ganguli, Inactivation of E.coli O157:H7 in carrot-kinnow-mandarin blends by cinnamon extracts” in: “New frontiers in Food & Fermentation biotechnology,March21-22, Punjabi University, Patiala, ”, 2006.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Santosh Pathak and Abhijit Ganguli, Physicochemical properties of a novel polymeric flocculant material from microbial source at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Materials, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, during February 1-3, 2005
- Moushumi Ghosh, S. Arora, M. Kalia, Application of a novel bioflocculant produced by a bacterial isolate for pathogen removal. Proc. Biotechnological approaches for sustainable development. Nov. 2004
- S. Bansal, Moushumi Ghosh and Abhijit Ganguli, Microbiological quality of popularly consumed street vended foods in Patiala. Proc. of 91st Indian Science Congress, Jan. 2004 Moushumi Ghosh, Tripathi A.K., and Agarwal P.K. Toxicological evaluation of quality of distillery spentwash. Proc. of 66th annual convention of STAI, Nov. 2004.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Tripathi A.K., and Agarwal P.K. Decolorization of distillery spent wash by Pseudomonas putida. Proc. of 65th annual convention of STAI, Aug. 2003.
- AbhijitGanguli, Moushumi Ghosh Bansal, S and Mudgil, S. “Microbiological quality and safety of street vended Indian chutneys and carrot juices” in 91st Indian science Congress, 1-5 Jan, 2003, Chandigarh, India.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Anil Tripathi, Microbial diversity and characterization of bacteria involved in degradation of recalcitrant compounds of anaerobically treated molasses spentwash. Proc. International Congress of Microbial societies (IUMS)Paris Aug. 2002.
- Moushumi Ghosh, Anil Kumar Tripathi, and P.K. Agarwal, Isolation and structural analysis of a colored compound from distillery spentwash and its biotransformed products. Proc. of 64th annual convention of STAI, Aug. 2002.
- Moushumi Ghosh, A. Hartman, B. Mogge, , M. Schmidt, J.C Munch “Characterization of the bacterial community in the groundwater and aquifer of the “Bitterfeld” area, polluted with chloro-organic compounds by in situ-hybridization with phylogenetic probes and confocal laser scanning microscopy” Proc.International Symposium on “Biotechnological Remediation of water pollution by acid inorganic and aromatic chlorinated compounds” UFZ Center for environmental Research. Leipzig, Germany. March 2001.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Ram Chandra Microbial Population Dynamics in Biphasic Distillery Effluent Treatment Process” Proc. Advances in Bioprocessing and r-DNA Technology, Mar.1998.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Ram Chandra, Microbial decolourisation of Melanoidin and Metabolite Characterization” by 1H NMR and Mass Spectrometry from Anaerobically Treated Distillery Effluent. Proc.XVII Conference of Society of Toxicology, Dec. 1998.
- Moushumi Ghosh and Ram Chandra, Chemical Characterization of Coloring Compound in Treated Distillery Effluent”. Proc. XVI Annual Conference of Society of Toxicology. Dec. 1997.
- ‘Thapar varsity scientist develops biopolymer for detecting parasite that causes diarrhoea’ in : Times of India, 21 July,2015. (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Thapar-varsity-scientist-develops-biopolymer-for-detecting-parasite-that-causesdiarrhoea/articleshow/48153147.cms)
Social and Community Service
Coordinator, Discovering Schools Programme, to communicate, teach potential aspects of biotechnology to high school children.
INDO UK workshop on “Sustainable Polymer Applications’ at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology on December 9-10th, 2015. http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/education/two-day-workshop-begins-at-thapar-varsity/168618.html, http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/community/indo-uk-workshop/168167.html
Invited lectures & International representations
- Workshop on Erasmus+, Jean Monnet and Marie Sklodowska – Curie Actions (MSCA's) for Indian Vice Chancellors and Head of Higher Education Institutions, SIU,Pune.
- Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom
- University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Catholic University, France
- Noel Derr Gold medal (Sugar Technologist Association of India).
- Post-doctoral fellowship (Federal Republic at GSF Research Centre for Environment & Health, Munich Germany).
- Junior Research fellowship and Senior Research fellowship (Ministry of food and civil supplies, Govt of India)
- GATE (MHRD, Govt of India)
Memberships of professional organizations
- Organization of Women in Science (OWSD), Trieste, Italy
- Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI)
- Biotechnology Research Society of India (BRSI)
- European Federation of Biosciences (FEBS)
- European Federation of Microbiological Sciences (FEMS)