Heat Transfer, Solar Thermal Systems
- Ph.D.with specialization in Thermal Engineering / Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.
- M.E. with specialization in Thermal Engineering / G.B. Pant University, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India / 82.8% / First division with distinction.
- B.E. with Mechanical Engineering / G.B. Pant University, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India / 68.7% / First division.
- Total Experience - 11 years
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning System Design
- Solar Energy Thermal Processes and Systems
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Solar Thermal Systems
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning
- Two-phase Flow & Heat Transfer
- Dual Fuel Internal Combustion Engine
Publication in International Journals
- Mittal, M. K. and Varshney, L., "Optimal Thermohydraulic Performance of a Wire Mesh Packed Solar Air Heater". Solar Energy (Elsevier), Vol. 80, No. 9, pp. 1112-1120, 2006.
- Mittal, M. K., Varun and Saini, R. P. and Singhal, S. K., "Effective Efficiency of Solar Air Heaters having different types of Roughness Elements on the Absorber Plate". Energy (Elsevier), Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 739-745, 2007.
- Mittal, M. K., Kumar, R. and Gupta, A., "Numerical Analysis of Adiabatic Flow of Refrigerant through a Spiral Capillary Tube". Int. J. of Thermal Science (Elsevier), Vol. 48, No. 7, pp. 1348-1354, 2009.
- Mittal, M. K., Kumar, R. and Gupta, A., "An Experimental Study of the Flow of R-407C in an Adiabatic Spiral Capillary Tube". J. of Thermal Science and Engg. Applications (ASME), Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 1-8, 2009.
- Mittal, M. K., Kumar, R. and Gupta, A., "An Experimental Study of the Flow of R-407C in an Adiabatic Helical Capillary Tube". Int. J. of Refrigeration (Elsevier), Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 840-847, 2010.
Publication in National Journals
- Varun and Mittal, M. K., "Heat Transfer and Friction Characterstics in Rectangular Channel having Inclined and Transverse Ribs on the Absorber Plate". Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India), Vol 87, pp. 26-29, 2006.
- Mittal, M. K. and Varun, "Thermohydraulic Performance of Solar Air Heater Provided with Artificial Roughness on the Absorber Plate". Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India), Vol 90, pp. 43-48, 2009.
Publication in Conferences
- Varun, Singhal, S. K. and Mittal, M. K., "Energy Demands and Management Techniques, in: Proceedings of National Conference on Energy Management in Changing Business Scenario, Oct. 2005, BITS, Pilani.
- Harpreet Singh Mittal M. K., Modelling and simulation of ejector based multi-evaporator refrigeration system, in: Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainable Innovative Techniques in Civil and Environmental Engineering, JNU, New Delhi, June 2013, Vol. 3, pp 25-32.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- First Class First in M.E.
- MHRD Scholarship for pursuing Ph.D. at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Financial support of Rs 15.22 lakhs from Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi for research project entitled "Floating wick type vertical multiple effect diffusion solar still waste heat recovery".