- Ph.D (Immunology): University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany (2007)
- PG Diploma (Bioinformatics): Bioinformatics Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi (2003)
- M.Sc (Life Sciences): School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi (2002)
- B.Sc (Chemisty): Gaya College, Magadh University, Gaya (2000)
- Assistant Professor: Dept of Biotechnology, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (2009-till date)
- Assistant Professor: Dr. D.Y. Patil Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Institute, Pune (March 2008-July 2009)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Institute of Immunology, University Hospital, Essen, Germany (March 2007 to January 2008)
- Peptide based Vaccine design
- Natural immunomodulatory products
- In silico and in vitro approach to identify immunogenic peptides of H1N1 virus as a target for vaccine design from DST, New Delhi, Sanction amount: 23.6 Lakhs (Jan 2013 to Jan 2016) (PI)
- Identification of T cell Epitope in H1N1 influenza virus as target for vaccine design from AICTE, New Delhi, Sanction amount: 11 lakhs (March 2012 to March 2014) (PI)
- Immunomodulatory agents from endophytic fungi for breast cancer therapy from DBT, New Delhi, Sanction amount: 16.02 lakhs (Nov 2011 to October 2014) (PI)
Publication of Research Articles
- Lohia N, and Baranwal M*. (2017) Immune response of highly conserved influenza A virus matrix 1 peptides. Microbiology and Immunology doi: 10.1111/1348-0421.12485. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sharma V, Lohia N, Handa V, and Baranwal M*. (2017) Amomum subulatum exhibit Antioxidant, Cytotoxic and Immunosuppressive effect. Indian JournaJ of Experimental Biology (Minor revision submitted).
- Vasundhara M, Baranwal M, Sivaramaiah N, and Kumar A (2017) Isolation and characterization of trichalasin-producing endophytic fungus from Taxus baccata. Annals of Microbiology 67(3): 255–261
- Vasundhara M, Baranwal M, and Kumar A. (2016) Fusarium tricinctum, an endophytic fungus exhibits cell growth inhibition and antioxidant activity. Indian Journal of Microbiology 56(4): 433-438.
- Dhiman G, Lohia N, Jain S, Baranwal M*. (2016) Metadherin peptides containing CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell epitopes as a therapeutic vaccine candidate against cancer. Microbiology and Immunology 60(9): 646-52.
- Singh P, Baranwal M, and Reddy MS. (2016) Antioxidant and cytotoxic activity of carotene produced by Dunaliella salina under stress. Pharmaceutical Biology 54(10): 2269-75
- Lohia N, and Baranwal M*. (2015) Identification of conserved peptides comprising multiple T cell epitopes of matrix 1 protein in H1N1 influenza virus. Viral Immunology, 28(10): 570-9
- Lohia N, and Baranwal M*. (2014) Conserved peptide containing overlapping CD4+ and CD8+ T cell epitopes in H1N1 influenza virus: An immunoinformatics approach. Viral Immunology 27(5): 225-34
- Putzki N, Baranwal MK, Tettenborn B, Limmroth V, and Kreuzfelder E. (2010) Effect of Natalizumab on circulating B cells, T regulatory cells and Natural killer cells. European Neurology 63(5):311-7
- Yaldizli O, Kumar M, Vago S, Kreuzfelder E, Limmroth V, and Putzki N. (2009) Fatigue is not associated with impaired function of regulatory T Cells in untreated patients with Multiple Sclerosis. European Neurology 62(6):321-326
- Putzki N, Kumar M, Kreuzfelder E, Grosse-Wilde H, Diener HC, and Limmroth V. (2009) Mitoxantrone does not restore the impaired suppressive function of natural regulatory T cells of patients suffering from multiple sclerosis: A longitudinal ex vivo and in vitro study. European Neurology 61 (1): 27-32.
- Kumar M, Putzki N, Limmroth V, Remus R, Lindemann M, Knop D, Mueller N, Hardt C, Kreuzfelder E, Grosse-Wilde H (2006) CD4+CD25+FoxP3+ T lymphocytes fail to suppress myelin basic protein-induced proliferation in patients with multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuroimmunology 180:178-184. *Corresponding Author
Oral/Poster Presentation and Talk in conferences
- Goyal M, and Baranwal M. Extracellular polysaccharide isolated from Dunaliella salina having immunomodulatory and cytotoxic activity : presented a poster in international conference on advances in plant and microbial biotechnology (PMB), (2nd-4th February, 2017)
- Lohia N, and Baranwal M. In silico predicted conserved immunogenic peptides containing overlapping T cell epitopes of H1N1 virus elicits in vitro immune response. International Conference On “New Approaches in Biotechnology & Biosciences” Feb 18 - 20, 2016 RBS Technical Engineering Campus, Bichpuri, Agra,
- Baranwal M, and Lohia N. An immunoinformatics approach to identify immunogenic peptide of hemagglutinin protein in H1N1 virus, IMMUNOCON-13 40th Annual conference of Indian Immunological society, University college of Medical Science, Delhi University, Delhi (15-17 November 2013)
- Kumar M. Isolation of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells to measure the suppressive function of these T cells in healthy individuals and multiple sclerosis patients. 10th joint meeting signal transduction at Weimar, Germany (2-4 Nov, 2006)
- Kumar M, Putzki, N, Vago, S, Lindemann, M, Limmroth, V, Kreuzfelder E, and Grosse-Wilde, H. Suppressing activity of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells is lost by myelin basic protein induced proliferation in multiple sclerosis patients. The 21st Congress of the European Committee for treatment and Research in Mutiple Sclerosis and 10th annual Meeting of Rehabilitation in MS held in Thessaloniki, Greece (September 28 - October 1,2005). Multiple Sclerosis 11 (Suppl 1): P 477.
Courses Taught at UG/PG level:
Immunology, Applied Immunology & Vaccine Technology, Advanced Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics & System Biology, Virology, Animal Biotechnology Stem Cells, Genomics & Proteomics, Bioethics, Environmental studies.
Membership of national/International organization
- Life Member of Indian Immunological society
- Life Member of Mycology society of India
- Member of German Society of Immunology from 2005-2007
National conference on Emerging Trends in Biopharmaceuticals: Relevance to Human Health during, held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab (November 11-13th, 2010) as Organizer Secretary.
Cellular & Molecular Immunology
Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals
Project of DBT, New Delhi