Visiting Assistant Professor
Dr. Mayank Agarwal is working with Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since July, 2018. He has completed his Ph.D. degree in the area of Microwave Engineering from Department of Electronics Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi. His research interests include Printed and Microstrip antennas, MIMO antenna array, Metamaterial, Frequency selective surfaces, Microwave absorbers and polarizers.
- Ph.D. (IIT (BHU), Varanasi) in Electronics Engineering with specialisation in Microwave Engineering
- M. Tech in Microwave Engineering, Deptt. of Electronics Engineeing, IIT (BHU), Varanasi, First class (9.47 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / NIET Gr. Noida (affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow) / First class (78.82%)
- GATE 2011 (ECE) and UGC-NET-JRF, Dec. 2012 (Electronics Science) qualified
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 1 years 11 month
- July 2018 – till date: Visiting Assistant Professor, Electronics and Communication Engg. Deptt., TIET, Patiala.
- January 2018 – May 2018: Assistant Professor (on contract under TEQIP III by NPIU, New Delhi), Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department, MITS, Gwalior.
- July 2013 – June 2014: Assistant Professor, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, NIET, Gr. Noida.
- Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Microwave Engineering
- Antenna and Wave Propagation
- Satellite Communication
- Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics
- Microstrip and printed antennas
- MIMO antenna array
- Metamaterial and frequency selective surfaces
- Microwave absorbers and polarizers
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj K. Meshram, “Transmission Line Model of a Polarization-insensitive Dual-band Metamaterial Absorber,” IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation. (communicated)./li>
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Metamaterial-based dual-band microwave absorber with polarization insensitive and wide-angle performance,” AIP Advances, vol. 8, p. 095016, 2018. (Impact factor: 1.653)
- Mayank Agarwal, Ashis K. Behera, and Manoj K. Meshram, “MIMO configured WLAN access point antenna with high port isolation,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 31, iss. 10, pp. 1007-1019, 2017. (Impact factor: 0.772)
- M. Agarwal, A. K. Behera, and M. K. Meshram, “Wide-angle quad-band polarization-insensitive metamaterial absorber,” Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 340-342, 2016. (Impact factor: 1.232)
- Mayank Agarwal, Ashis Kumar Behera, and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Dual resonating C-band with enhanced bandwidth and broad X-band metamaterial absorber,” Applied Physics A, vol. 122 (166), 2016. (Impact factor: 1.704)
- Mayank Agarwal, Rajesh Singh, and Manoj K. Meshram, “Linearly polarized planar inverted-F antenna for GPS and WiMAX applications,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 7, iss. 12, pp. 991-998, 2013. (Impact factor: 1.739)
- A. K. Behera, M. Agarwal, and M. K. Meshram, “A hepta-band frequency reconfigurable antenna for mobile handsets with impedance matching technique,” International Journal of Advances in Microwave Techniques (IJAMT), vol.1, no. 1, pp. 19-23, May 2016.
- Hari S. Singh , Mayank Agarwal, G. K. Pandey, and Manoj K. Meshram, “A quad band compact diversity antenna for GPS L1/Bluetooth/LTE2500/WiMAX/HIPERLAN1 applications,” IEEE Ant. and Wave Prop. Letters, vol. 13, pp. 249-252, 2014. (Impact factor: 3.448)
- Rajesh Singh, Gaurav Kumar Pandey, Mayank Agarwal, Hari Shankar Singh, Pradutt Kumar Bharti, and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Compact planar monopole antenna with dual band notched characteristics using T-shaped stub and rectangular mushroom type electromagnetic band gap structure for UWB and bluetooth applications,” Wireless Personal Communication, Springer, vol. 75, no. 4, April (II) 2014. (Impact factor: 1.20)
- Hari S. Singh, Gaurav K. Pandey, Pradutt K. Bharti, Mayank Agarwal, and Manoj K. Meshram, “Simulation study of four element MIMO antenna system with pattern and polarization diversity,” International Journal of Advances in Science and Technology (IJAST), pp. 224-229, 2014. (Impact factor: 1.016)
- Mayank Agarwal and Vikass Monebhurrun, “Numerical calibration of electric field probe for specific absorption rate measurement,” IEEE International Conference on Computational Electromagnetics, Shanghai, China, March 20-22, 2019. (accepted)
- Mayank Agarwal and Vikass Monebhurrun, “Numerical and experimental investigations of the specific absorption rate using reference dipoles,” IEEE Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean (RADIO 2017), Cape Town, South Africa, Sep. 25-28, 2017.
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “A subwavelength microwave absorber with five resonating modes,” Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC 2016), New Delhi, Dec. 5-9, 2016.
- Mayank Agarwal, Ashis K. Behera, and Manoj K. Meshram, “Annular ring based metamaterial absorber for S- and C-band applications,” 16th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS 2016), Abu Dhabi, UAE, Nov. 14-16, 2016.
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Isolation improvement of 5 GHz WLAN antenna array using metamaterial absorber,” URSI Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference (URSI AP-RASC 2016), Seoul, South Korea, Aug. 21-25, 2016.
- Mayank Agarwal, Ashis Kumar Behera, and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Closed ring resonator based absorber for C- and X- band applications,” 5th IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC 2015), Guwahati, Assam, India, Dec. 18-21, 2015.
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “X-band metamaterial absorber with dual band/broadband absorption characteristics,” IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC 2015), Hyderabad, India, Dec. 10-12, 2015.
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj K. Meshram, “Bandwidth enhanced compact PIFA for dual band operation,” IEEE Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean (RADIO 2015), Mauritius, Sep. 21-24, 2015.
- Mayank Agarwal, Rajesh Singh, and Manoj K. Meshram, “A novel small-size quad band internal PIFA for GPS L1/Bluetooth/LTE2500/WiMAX/HIPERLAN1 applications,” in proc. of World Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems (CAC2S 2013), DIT University, Dehradun, Publisher: Atlantis Press, pp. 617-621, April 6-8, 2013.
- Prakash, Mayank Agarwal, and Manoj K. Meshram, “An Active Polarization Insensitive Ultrathin Metamaterial Absorber with Frequency Controllability, ” International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC2018), JIIT, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, March 21-23, 2018.
- Braj Veer Singh, Mayank Agarwal, and Manoj K. Meshram, “F-shaped monopole based MIMO antenna for WLAN applications,” 3rd IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Electronics (UPCON 2016), IIT (BHU), Varanasi, Dec. 9-11, 2016.
- Ashis Kumar Behera, Mayank Agarwal, and Manoj K. Meshram, “Frequency reconfigurable triple band antenna for handheld device,” International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical, Electronics and Sustainable Energy Systems (ICETEESES-16), KNIT Sultanpur, UP, India, Mar. 11-12, 2016.
- Ashis Kumar Behera, Mayank Agarwal, Gaurav Pandey and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Frequency-reconfigurable triple band antenna for mobile handsets,” 5th IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC 2015), Guwahati, Assam, India, Dec. 18-21, 2015.
- Bhagirath Sahu, Mayank Agarwal, Rajesh Singh, Pankaj Tripathi, and S. P. Singh, “Stacked cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna with metamaterial as a superstrate for enhancing the bandwidth and gain,” IEEE International Conference of Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), Jaypee University, Shimla (HP), Sep. 26-28, 2013.
- Rajesh Singh, Mayank Agarwal, and Manoj K. Meshram, “A novel planar UWB antenna with WLAN band notched characteristics,” in proc. of International Conference on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing (ICMARS-2012), Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India), pp. 169-172, Dec. 10-15, 2012.
- Mayank Agarwal and Manoj Kumar Meshram, “Four-element highly isolated MIMO antenna system for 5 GHz WLAN applications,” 104th Indian Science Congress (ISC), Tirupati, AP, Jan. 3-7, 2017.
- Mayank Agarwal, Rajesh Singh, and Manoj K. Meshram, “Dual-band linearly polarized planar inverted-F antenna (PIFA) for GPS/WiMAX applications,” 2nd Students’ Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES 2013), IEEE student branch, MNNIT, Allahabad, India, April 12-14, 2013.
- Ashis Kumar Behera, Mayank Agarwal, Gaurav Pandey and Manoj K. Meshram, “A hepta-band Frequency-reconfigurable antenna for handheld device using PIN diode,” National Conference on Recent Advancement in Communication Engineering and Microelectronics (RACEM-2016), MMMUT Gorakhpur, UP, India, Mar. 09-10, 2016.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Raman-Charpak Fellowship-2016 instituted by Indo French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/CEFIPRA), New Delhi to conduct part of Ph.D. in France for 6 months.
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award (Appreciated under Technology Edge Category) 2015 (GYTI Award) under “Festival of Innovation” held at Rastrapati Bhawan, New Delhi during March 7-13, 2015.
- Best Poster Award at 104th Indian Science congress (ISC), Tirupati, AP, Jan. 03-07, 2017.
- Selected for Ph.D. Student Initiative Program under the sponsorship of the education committee of IEEE MTT-S during the International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC 2017), Ahmedabad, Dec. 11-13, 2017.
- International Travel Support (ITS) from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Gov. of India for attending the international conference, URSI Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference (URSI AP-RASC 2016), Seoul, South Korea, Aug. 21-25, 2016.
- 1st prize at department level (Ph.D. category) in poster presentation event in “Institute Day, 2016” celebrated at IIT (BHU), Varanasi during April 2-3, 2016.
- Finalist for Young Scientist Award (YSA) and received partial financial support in international conference, IEEE Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean (RADIO 2015), Mauritius, Sep. 21-24, 2015.
- International Travel fellowship from Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS), Chennai for attending the conference, IEEE Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean (RADIO 2015), Mauritius, Sep. 21-24, 2015.
- UGC Junior Research Fellowship since July 23, 2014 to carry out the Ph. D. work.
Message to Students & Community
Do all task with honesty to serve the mankind