Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
Dr. Upadhyay is working with Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since June-2016. Currently, he is working as Post-Doctoral research fellow with Reillylab (http://reillylab.net) in Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Dr. Upadhyay has completed his Master’s and the Ph.D. degree in the area of Biomedical Signal Processing from the discipline of Electronics and Communication, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jabalpur (M.P.), India, in 2013 and 2016, respectively. His research interests include Neural Engineering, Biomedical Signal Processing, Brain Computer Interface (BCI) and Soft Computing Techniques. He has authored more than twenty-five research articles in refereed journals and reputed conference proceedings. He serves on the review boards for various journals of IEEE, Elsevier, Springer and Wiley. He has supervised four Master’s dissertations and currently supervising two Ph.D. students in TIET, Patiala.
- Recognised as mentor in Atal Innovation Mission (a Govt. of India initiative) since May, 2018.
- Outstanding contribution in reviewing award from “Computers and Electrical Engineering”, Elsevier.
- Outstanding contribution in reviewing award from “International Journal Engineering Science and Technology”, Elsevier.
- Organised “2018 International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning methods for Human Centric Systems (AIDL-HCSy)” in the 10th International Congress on Ultra-Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems, Moscow, Russia.
- Received the best paper in 12th IEEE India International Conference (INDICON), 2015.
- Best hardware project award in national seminar, held at SRIT, Jabalpur, M.P.
- Ministry of Human Resource & Development (India) fellowship holder for M.Tech Program.
- Ministry of Human Resource & Development (India) fellowship holder for Ph.D. Program.
Publications in refereed journals (selected):
- K. Jindal, R. Upadhyay and H.S. Singh, “Application of tunable-Q wavelet transform based nonlinear features in epileptic seizure detection”, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing 2019.
- T. Dovedi and R Upadhyay, “Diagnosis of Ball Bearing Faults using Double Decomposition Technique” International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 2019. (awaiting publication)
- K. Jindal, R. Upadhyay, M. Vijay, A. Sharma, K. Gupta, J. Gupta and A. Dube, “Application of variational mode decomposition in automated migraine disease diagnosis”, Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology, 2019 (In press).
- H.S. Singh, R Upadhyay and R.M. Shubair, “Performances study of compact printed diversity antenna in the presence of user's body for LTE mobile phone applications”, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, DOI: 10.1002/mmce.21743, 2019.
- S. Sethi, R. Upadhyay and H.S. Singh, “Stockwell-Common Spatial Pattern Technique for Motor Imagery based Brain Computer Interface Design”, Computers and Electrical Engineering, 71, 492-504, 2018.
- H.S. Singh, R Upadhyay and R.M. Shubair, “Free space and user proximity analysis of octaband monopole MIMO/diversity antenna for modern handset applications”, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, e21566, 2018.
- R. Upadhyay, P.K. Padhy and P.K. Kankar, “Application of S-Transform for Automated Detection of Vigilance Level using EEG signals”, International Journal of Biological Systems, 2016; 24(1): 1–27. (ISSN: 0218-3390)
- R. Upadhyay, P.K. Padhy and P.K. Kankar, “EEG artifact removal and noise suppression by Discrete Orthonormal S-Transform De-noising”, Computers and Electrical Engineering, 2016; 53: 125-142. (ISSN: 0045-7906)
Papers in Conference Proceedings (selected)
- K. Jindal, R. Upadhyay and H.S. Singh, “EEG artifact removal and noise suppression using hybrib GLCT-ICA technique”, 10th International Congress on Ultra-Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, Russia, 2018.
- K. Jindal, R. Upadhyay, H.S. Singh, M. Vijay, A. Sharma, K. Gupta, J. Gupta and A. Dube, “Migraine disease diagnosis from EEG signals using Non-linear Feature Extraction Technique”, IEEE ICCIC, 2018.
- K. Jindal, R. Upadhyay, “Epileptic Seizure Detection from EEG Signal using Flexible Analytical Wavelet Transform”, IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics (Comptelix), 2017.
- S. Shruti, R. Upadhyay, “Classification of Mental Tasks Using S-Transform based Fractal Features”,IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics (Comptelix), 2017.
- R. Upadhyay, P.K. Padhy and P.K. Kankar, “Ocular artifact removal from EEG signals using Discrete Orthonormal Stockwell Transform”, Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), 2015.
- R. Upadhyay, P.K. Padhy, P.K. Kankar, “Alcoholism diagnosis from EEG signals using continuous wavelet transform”, Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), 2014.