- Ph.D. (IIT Ropar) in Thermal Engineering/ Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (9.5 CGPA)
- M.E. in Mechanical (Thermal Sciences)/PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh/ First class (9.6 CGPA)
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering/ SBSCET, Ferozpur/ First class (73%)
Experience: Total Experience 2.6+ years
- July 2011 – December 2012: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Sharda University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Teaching Assistant at IIT Ropar from January 2013- July 2016
- August 2016 – Present: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab
- July 2017 – Present: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab
- Strength of Materials
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery
- Heat and mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Cooling tower, Heat Sinks, Solar Collector
- Inverse on various thermal systems
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2013. “Application of Adomian decomposition method and inverse solution for a fin with variable thermal conductivity and heat generation”. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 66, pp. 496-506.
- Bhowmik, A., Singla, R.K., Roy, P.K., Prasad, D.K., Das, R., and Repaka, R., 2013. “Predicting geometry of rectangular and hyperbolic fin profiles with temperature-dependent thermal properties using decomposition and evolutionary methods”. Energy Conversion and Management, 74, pp. 535-547.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2014. “Application of decomposition method and inverse prediction of parameters in a moving fin”. Energy Conversion and Management, 84, pp. 268-281.
- Bhowmik, A., Singla, R.K., Das, R., Mallick, A., and Repaka, R., 2014. “Inverse modeling of a solar collector involving Fourier and non-Fourier heat conduction”. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 38, pp. 5126-5148.
- Panda, S., Singla, R.K., Das, R., and Martha, S., 2014. “Identification of design parameters in a solar collector using inverse heat transfer analysis”. Energy Conversion and Management, 88, pp. 27-39.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2015. “Adomian decomposition method for a stepped fin with all temperature-dependent modes of heat transfer”. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 82, pp. 447-459.
- Singla, R.K., Singh, K., and Das, R., 2016. “Tower characteristics correlation and parameter retrieval in wet-cooling tower with expanded wire mesh packing”. Applied Thermal Engineering, 96, pp. 240-249.
- Singh, K., Das, R., and Singla, R.K., 2016. “Closed form solution for a rectangular stepped fin involving all variable thermal parameters and nonlinear boundary conditions”. Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, (DOI: 10.1177/0954408916652438).
- Das, R., Akay, B., Singla, R.K., and Singh, K., 2017. “Application of artificial bee colony algorithm for inverse modelling of a solar collector”. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, 25(6), pp. 887-908.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2017. “A differential evolution algorithm to maximize the heat transfer rate from a stepped fin with all nonlinear modes of heat dissipation”. Neural Computing and Applications, (DOI: 10.1007/s00521-017-2908-9).
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2013. “Multi-objective optimization of a cooling tower using Newton-Raphson method”. National Conference on Frontiers in Aeronautical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering, Noorul Islam University, Kanyakumari, India.
- Singla, R.K., Das, R., Bhowmik, A., and Repaka, R., 2013. “Inverse heat transfer analysis of porous extended surface using simplex search method”. Proceedings of ASME 2013 Gas Turbine India Conference, CSIR, NAL, Bangalore, India.
- Singla, R.K., Das, R., and Roy, P. K., 2013. “Application of Adomian decomposition method for a conductive, convective and radiative moving fin”. Proceeding of 22nd National and 11th ISHMT-ASME Heat & Mass Transfer Conference, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2014. “Inverse heat transfer study of a nonlinear straight porous fin using hybrid optimization”. ASME 2014 Gas Turbine India Conference-GTINDIA 2014 (15-17 December 2014), India Habitat Center, New Delhi, India. [ASME]
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2015. “Adomian decomposition method for a stepped fin space radiator with internal heat generation”. 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences (RAECS-2015), University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2016. “Retrieval of controlling parameter in induced draft cooling tower using inverse method”. 2nd International Conference on Control Science and Systems Engineering (ICCSSE-2016),. IEEE Proceedings, Nanyang Executive Center, Singapore.
- Singla, R.K., and Das, R., 2016. “Multi-parameter retrieval in a porous fin using binary-coded genetic algorithm”. 6th International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS-2016), Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India, 2016. [Springer book chapter]
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Reviewer for 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics 14th – 16th July 2014 Orlando, Florida, at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel, USA
- Reviewer for Advanced Research in Material Sciences, Manufacturing, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering Technology International Conference, 2nd to 4th June 2015 Bali, Indonesia, Bali, Indonesia
- Reviewer of Journal of Porous Media, Begell House
- Reviewer of International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Elsevier
- Reviewer of International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Elsevier
- Reviewer of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Elsevier
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in Ph.D.
- Selected for Department of Science and Technology's International Travel Support (ITS) in 2015.
- Granted travel fund from IIT Ropar to present research paper in an International Conference at NTU Singapore in 2016.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in M.E.
- Gold medallist in Inter College YOGA CHAMPIONSHIP in 2007&2009 at SBSCET, Ferozepur.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 2009 and 2013 with AIR-125(in 2009).
Message to Students & Community
- Life is all about chances and opportunities. Never leave anything to chance and never let an opportunity get away.