Dr. S. K. Agarwal is currently Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Dr. Agarwal obtained his MTech in 2004 and PhD in 2010 from NIT, Kurukshetra. He has more than ninteen years of teaching experience and five years of industrial experience with NTPC. His current area of research interest includes power system operation and planning, forecasting issues in power systems, renewable energy systems, engineering optimization and soft computing.
- “Smart demand response framework for load optimization in an electrical grid” from Haryana State Council (DST) (Ongoing)
- “Impact analysis of renewable energy sources on power system and energy market operations” from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Ongoing)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Member – IEEE
- Corporate Memebr – IE (India)
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI: 6 + 1 (Accepted); Non-SCI: 12
Awards and Honours
- Highly commended research paper” award from Emerald Literati Network for year 2009 for Research Paper in International Journal of Energy Sector Management.
- Best Paper Award” in the National Conference on RAEPESM-2011 organized at Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur.
- Participated in the following machine learning competitions with good rankings:
- AMS 2013-14 Solar Energy Prediction Contest (51st Rank)
- Global Energy Forecasting Competition 2014 (8th Rank)
- EEM2016 Real time energy price forecasting competition (3rd Rank)
Description of Research Interests
Power system operation and planning, forecasting issues in power systems, renewable energy systems, engineering optimization and soft computing.