Dr. S.K. Aggarwal is working with EIED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2016. He has completed his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra in January 2010. Her research interests include Forecasting and Optimization in Energy Systems, Power system operation and control.
- Ph.D. (NIT, Kurukshetra) in Electrical Engineering specialization in Power Systems
- M. Tech in Power Systems, NIT, Kurukshetra First class (89.5%)
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering / C.R.S.C.E., Murthal (Now DCRUST) / First class (74.06%)
Experience: Teaching Experience 21 years, Industrial Experience 5 years
- July, 2016 onwards: EIED, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- August 1999 to July 2016: Electrical Engineering Department, MMDU Mullana, Ambala.
- November 1994 to July 1999: Executive Engineer, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, New Delhi.
- Power System Operation and Control
- Power System Analysis
- Dynamics and Stability
- Switchgear and Protection
- Deregulation and Electricity Markets
- Forecasting issues in Energy Systems
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Electrical Engineering
- Power System Operation and Control
- S Saroha, SK Aggarwal: Wind Power Forecasting Using Wavelet Transform and General Regression Neural Network for Ontario Electricity Market, Recent Advances in Electrical & Electronic Engineering 13 (1), 16-26, 2020 [ESCI]
- P Jood, SK Aggarwal, V Chopra: Performance assessment of a neuro-fuzzy load frequency controller in the presence of system non-linearities and renewable penetration; Computers & Electrical Engineering 74, 362-378 (2019). [SCI Impact Factor 2.189].
- S Saroha, SK Aggarwal: Wind power forecasting using wavelet transforms and neural networks with tapped delay; CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems 4 (2), 197-209 (2018). [SCI Impact Factor 2.68].
- S.K. Aggarwal, and L.M. Saini, “Solar energy prediction using linear and non-linear regularization models: A study on AMS 2013-14 Solar Energy Prediction Contest,” Energy, Vol. 78, December 2014, pp. 247-256 [SCI Impact Factor 5.537]
- S.K. Aggarwal, Arun Goel, and V.P. Singh, “Stage and discharge forecasting by ANN and SVM techniques,” Water Resources Management, Vol. 26, 2012, pp. 3705-3724 [SCI Impact Factor 2.987 ]
- S.K. Aggarwal, L.M. Saini, Ashwani Kumar, “Parameter optimization using Genetic Algorithm for SVM based price-forecasting model in National Electricity Market,” IET – Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 4, no. 1, January 2010, pp. 36-49. [SCI Impact Factor 3.229]
- S.K. Aggarwal, L.M. Saini, Ashwani Kumar, “Electricity Price Forecasting in Deregulated Markets: A Review and Evaluation”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 31, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 13-22. [SCI Impact Factor 4.418]
- S.K. Aggarwal, L.M. Saini, Ashwani Kumar, “Day-ahead price forecasting in Ontario electricity market using variable segmented Support Vector Machine based Model”, Electrical Power Components and Systems, vol. 37, no. 5, May 2009, pp. 495-516. [SCI Impact Factor 0.888]
- S.K. Aggarwal, L.M. Saini, Ashwani Kumar, “Electric price forecasting in Ontario electricity market using wavelet transform in artificial neural network based model,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 639-650, October 2008. [SCI Impact Factor 2.181]
- S.K. Aggarwal, L.M. Saini, Ashwani Kumar, “Price forecasting using wavelet transform and LSE based mixed model in Australian electricity market”, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 521-546 (2008). [ESCI, Scopus]
Achievement, Awards, Recognitions, Projects
- Third rank in European Electricity Market Price Forecasting Challenge (FEUP, OPORTO, Portugal) – 2016
- Highly commended research paper” award from Emerald Literati Network for year 2009 for Research Paper in International Journal of Energy Sector Management.
- “Best Paper Award” in the National Conference on RAEPESM-2011 organized at Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur.
- Completed Research project as co-investigator on “Smart Demand-Response Framework for load optimization in an Electrical Grid” by Haryana State Council for Science and Technology (HSCST)
- Completed MODROB project on “Laboratory Modernization Plan for Developing Research Facilities” “Advanced Electrical Machine Lab” awarded by AICTE, New Delhi
- Completed MODROB project on ““Advanced Control and Power Electronics Lab” awarded by AICTE, New Delhi
Message to Students & Community
Work hard, imagine your success and achieve